JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not seen any post on this yet. I listened to this call on the scanner last night. This is the second officer down called I have heard in real time, and I never want to hear another again. This is a young trooper, army veteran and he was one of the ones who took out that scumbag in a traffic chase on Hwy 26 last year.

There are a lot of crazy POS out there who commit these crimes. In Afghanistan when subjects did not stop vehicles when ordered, they just opened up on them and that took care of the problem. I believe in due process but when a murder suspect shoots at cops, smoke his azz.

OSP trooper critically injured in shooting near Sherwood

I've meet the dude. Nice guy. Pulled me over a few months ago and let me go. BSed with him on a few occasions. A lot of people in my community know him. My heart goes out to his family....:(

I pray for a quick recovery as well. I have a lot of respect for the OSP, having an uncle that is a retired OSP officer so this pulls at the heart strings.

I read about this yesterday.
Really sucks, and from a ex-Beaverton cadet.

That guy sounded like a real wack job.

I'm sorry for his wife, her family and especially the kids.

I'm praying for a quick and full recovery for this Officer.
God speed Brother.

Read this and try and get your head around how this all went down

Update 6
Posted by Jeff Cederberg
4 hours ago

I went by to see Nic yesterday and when I opened the door all I found was an empty hospital room. All of Nic and Hayley's stuff was in the room but they were gone. I checked in at the nurses station and they told me they gave him free reign to roam the hospital as long as he was supervised, in a wheel chair and back before 4:00 PM. When I found them they were on the ninth floor atrium which overlooks Portland and the Willamette River. He was staring out at the landscape and at one point he made the comment that the sky looked a lot different than it had before everything happened. This was the same spot where we spent the first three days waiting for updates on his condition, spending time with loved ones and supporters, and most importantly just being there for him and each other. What many don't know is how bad it really was that night. Most can speculate but few know what really happened, and with Nic's permission I'm going to give you the highlights.

On that Christmas night my brother was shot twelve times at a distance no greater than twelve feet, a gun fight in a phone booth. Almost every one of his rounds, three magazine's worth, had been fired when it was all said and done. When the shooting stopped and all went quite Nic knew he was in serious trouble. As he lay there for a little more than two minutes by himself bleeding, he locked in mentally and found a way to survive. When the first police officers arrived he demanded they take him to the hospital in his own car as it would be faster than every other ambulance on the planet. What he didn't know is how bad of shape he was really in, and that had they done that it would have probably killed him. What he did have with him were experienced officers who knew how to pack bullet wounds correctly and this ultimately save Nic's life. This wasn't a typical shooting in that, to my knowledge, no police officer has ever taken twelve rounds at that range and lived. Of those twelve rounds that hit him, five were stopped by his bullet proof vest and the other seven struck his flesh. Those bullets hit him in both arms, the torso coming to rest in his lung and abdomen, and two hitting his spinal canal almost paralyzing him. Of the seven that hit him, four were still inside him when he arrived at the hospital. When he leaves the hospital in a day or two for the next stop in his journey he will still have one lodged in his lower spine for the rest of his life. When I said that he was "one tough hombre" I meant it, and the only reason he is still here today is someone was watching over him that night, I firmly believe it. Any one of those twelve bullets should have killed him and they didn't.

To all of you out there holding fundraisers, sending him cards, letters, emails, balloons, hosting hellish Crossfit workouts (he hates burpees by the way), and commenting on these posts wishing him encouragement, Nic would like to say THANK YOU. He and Hayley are in absolute disbelief and truly humbled at the amount of support they are receiving on a national scale.

Nic Cederburg.jpg

Wow, No doubt the officers that have been lost before him were there at his side that night.

I truly wish for him to have a quick recovery, and his family to have peace in all this.
God bless him and all our neighbors, family, and friends to run towards danger for the rest of us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top