JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Just a few days before the universal gun owner registration bill kicks in, it appears that the Oregon State Police are planning on collecting data on sellers of guns, not just buyers.

We've been telling you all along that SB 941 was never intended to be anything but a vast database of gun owners and now it's being proven to be all too true.

Starting today, gun dealers are seeing a new interface on their computer screens when they log in to conduct a background check on a gun sale. Now there is a box they can check for "Private Party Through Dealer." While not fully functional, it is clear that the Oregon State Police plan to demand, and database, personal information on the seller, or transferor, of the firearm.

ospinterface2-300x284.jpg
OSP BACKGROUND "PRIVATE SALE" SCREEN

As of today, if a dealer checks the "Private Party Through Dealer" box they cannot actually enter the personal info of the seller, but they do get an error message saying "Alert!!!Please adjust for the following errors and try again" It then lists all the info "not supplied." This includes the sellers name, address, city, state and zip and their phone number.

ospinterface3-300x213.jpg
OSP ERROR SCREEN

Nowhere in the Prozanski/ Hoyle bill is any of this info mining authorized. But hey, if you are creating a gun owner database you want all gun owners, not just people who are receiving guns.

Are the State Police planning on running background checks on the sellers of guns too? Are they going to send out a trooper if the seller fails a "background check?" What's next?

This is a very disturbing development and one that proves once again what the true intent of this bill was.

Be warned, every transfer under SB 941 will become a vehicle to harass and intimidate gun owners. It's only going to get worse from here.

We urge you to call bill sponsor Val Hoyle and demand that she end tracking of gun sellers. Hoyle can be reached in her Salem office at 503-986-1414 and her district office at 541-221-9162.

You can support OFF's efforts to protect your gun rights here.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

Still not going to follow this law. Eventually a person has to stop and tell the government no. This state has been going the wrong way for far too long. If they want a fight, they will have it.

^^^ here is what would take place ^^^

Caller: "I am calling in reference to the Bill Ms. Hoyle voted on and passed, SB 941... .... .... )

What they hear: " ... Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, ....."

Good luck.

(Time for a Reality Check)

Yes, Magazine is Loaded. Yes, One in the Chamber. Yes, safety is On. Yes Trigger Finger is NOT ON bang Switch.

Reality Check: Complete.

"Knock Knock...."

"Whose there"????

"The State Police checking Owners of GUNS".....

Me: "Sorry, I gave at the Office... What other Charity do you support...."????

State Police: "Do you ~Still Own Guns, Mr. BoonDocks~"????

"What a Horrid thing, ~guns~, NO! I am a Nudest, and have no way of carrying a ~shudder Gun~, why do you ask"?

State Police: "we have it on Good Authority..."

Me: "Is this Candid Camera"??? "Should I get some CLOTHES ON"?????

Etc....

Note... At my door you talk to me through an Intercom, that goes Directy to my Bunker, three House away, in the Hand Dug Cellar...

/sarcasm ....

philip :confused: :mad: :eek:

Track everyone....

How soon until we can shut this down?

Still not going to follow this law. Eventually a person has to stop and tell the government no. This state has been going the wrong way for far too long. If they want a fight, they will have it.

Doing a transfer on Sunday specifically after the 8th, to protest it will be a very public place is all I will say. And plan on a few more before the year is done. If People do not follow at all it will kill it. Sadly people are placing ads all over the net " sale until Aug 8th only " Stuff like that spells compliance, I will do as I always have, and as many on here do as the common sense practices work and no law is needed.

After talking with various people at OSP trying to sort out the C&R I would say that this is because they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing for 941 rather than planning confiscation raids.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

I saw the FICS screen on friday. It had changed during the course of the day from asking all the details about the seller to just the name of the seller.

It really felt like there is some web programmer who had no idea what data they were supposed to collect. They must have got a lot of heat before friday and the additional fields ( address, phone number, etc) were removed.

I dont know what it shows today. I asked OSP for a fics account but I think Im up to 4-5 requests for additional information from them and I never get a reply.

Its all conditioning The new media along with willing participants are creating a whole new false word, you might say what you see and hear as fact is a green screen reality. There is so much undocumented material to show the setup, preparations and execution of these fake agendas. It simple slide of hand and everyone is looking over here instead of over there. What you see, read and experience based on your media and internet experience is false. Yes gun laws are real, but their cause, and reasoning are fake and manufactured to be tasteful enough to swallow for WA and OR. Enough is Enough people need to really look at the reality here. Since there was TV, people have faked the news we have seen, wake up people the government is not making the laws, the media is guiding you to accept them.

As of 8/10 the FICS website is asking for a sellers name only and referring to ORS166.412 for justification. It is not opening another form for more seller information.

We (dealers) have to record the sellers name and address (nothing more) per Federal Law any time a transfer goes through our books.

The real issue is retention of records. Per Federal Law information collected for a firearms transfer can only be used by government for the short-term purposes of determining lawful transfers. The courts have identified that the definition of short-term is "not to exceed 6 months." In other words, every agency in America collecting this information must purge it in less than 6 months.

OSP has and continues to maintain an active database of all purchases they have ever recorded in direct violation of Federal law. I personally had an employee onsite at that facility laugh about it when asked. This should be our target! It not only needs to stop but we need to see prison time for these government officials that are knowingly and intentionally engaged in a criminal activity!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top