JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From FaceBook so take it for what it is worth:

Searched the web for the background story on this: "The posted background to this flare-up is that the guy in the SUV had heated words with the other man at the gym. The truckman said that he had a gun and would use it. The SUV guy left and the man in the truck got up and followed the SUV, trying to run the guy off the road. The guy got out with his gun because of the previous threat and the fact that he felt that his life was threatened with menacing vehicle powerplay."

If that's true I hope the other guys is charged ALSO.
This france guy isn't the type that needs to be carrying a gun.

If this happened as you stated he should have followed the guy while on the phone with 911.
Then if the truck guy stopped or approached stay in your vehicle gun at the ready.
Tell the dispatcher you have a chl (if he did) and if the situation escalates you will defend yourself and I bet the LEOs show up real quick.

This guy let his temper and dick measuring get the best of him. Not a good show of restraint needed for carrying a gun

f that's true I hope the other guys is charged ALSO.
Thin - but maybe - and if true.
Frances' pulling the gun however altered the outcome of the scenario.
This france guy isn't the type that needs to be carrying a gun.
I agree but with the continual push to make gun ownership, possession and carry laws better there will no doubt be increased numbers of 'France's' out there.

Searched the web for the background story on this: "The posted background to this flare-up is that the guy in the SUV had heated words with the other man at the gym. The truckman said that he had a gun and would use it. The SUV guy left and the man in the truck got up and followed the SUV, trying to run the guy off the road. The guy got out with his gun because of the previous threat and the fact that he felt that his life was threatened with menacing vehicle powerplay."

Neither one looks dressed for the gym.

what exactly are pro gun groups supposed to do in this case? I bet the guy with the gun even has a CHL...

What to do? Not get our panties in a wad. This thing will blow over tomorrow.

Hate to break it to you guys, but some gun owners are idiots. As in any other population one could choose. It's not the end of the world.

Playing Devil's advocate here

No kidding. Remember we are getting our information from the Ministry of Propaganda.

I learned long ago not to get mad at highway stupidity or what looks like boorish behavior. You never know when some driver racing by is trying to get his kid to a hospital, or something like that.

Never mess with someone you don't know.
You have no idea what is going on in their life. Or what force they will bring to bear.
I've seen people killed in situations just like this. You can be in the right, but still dead.
I used to be a paramedic. Had to bag up a number of people who had been shot in a road rage scenario. o_O

What to do? Not get our panties in a wad. This thing will blow over tomorrow.

Hate to break it to you guys, but some gun owners are idiots. As in any other population one could choose. It's not the end of the world.

yeah, but no other group has such a contentious political movement to prohibit their existence. This story is fuel to the antis arguments... and they are not likely to just "blow it off" as a bad apple example.

I learned to look out for the quiet little guy who keeps to himself. He's more likely to be your trained stone cold killer than the big blustery blowhard who is in your face throwing you 'tude.

Last Edited:
Stereotypes follow:

There are a lot "funny" drivers out here. Puttering along in the passing lane at the speed limit for miles and miles and miles, with a stack up of others bunched up waiting to pass.

Someone tries to pass on the right at an opportune moment, and the person puttering along suddenly flips out.

Back East, no way you could set in the left lane at the speed limit (the rare times traffic flows), without near on getting pushed off the interstate. Beating on your horn & flipping folks off is taken more as a "ay ait (all right)- how you doin dumb a$$" with a grudge and a "my bad" in response usually.

Out here folks freak out if you utilize that sound warning device, you know, that one under the hood where the steering wheel is its button. Im concerned they hadn't had they're mocha lite flopte' or there hit of golden jelly hemp sauce, and go from normal (yet slow) utopian to a crazed psycho.

Kinda like what happens if you piss off a Filapina enough. Everything's fine and dandy. Life is good. Your chowing down on some of that awesome Adobo she makes. Then you open your mouth, yet again, to joke about how many shoes she has ala Imelda Marcos...the next fraction of a second later, before you can even duck, but barely in time for some decent blocks, shnizzle you didn't even remember you owned is flipping across the room at your head with remarkable accuracey...

Point being, it just seems that folks are pretty relaxed...but there's allways going to be someone just about to lose there shnizzle.

911 should have been choice number 1.

You have no idea what is going on in their life. Or what force they will bring to bear.
I've seen people killed in situations just like this. You can be in the right, but still dead.
I used to be a paramedic. Had to bag up a number of people who had been shot in a road rage scenario. o_O
Best epitaph ever:

"He had the right of way."

I did some training once with firemen paramedics. Those guys have developed a truly sick-dark "seen it all" sense of humor to get through their day. Want to hear a blood curdling story to keep you up when you get home? Paramedic stories. Yikes.

OREGON CITY, Ore. —

Bradlee J. France, the man authorities say was caught on camera flashing a handgun on Interstate 205 Friday, bailed out of jail Wednesday as KATU learned he's no stranger to police.

The Oregon City Police Department said officers have been to France's home on Leo Court three times since March -- once on a noise complaint and two other times for "verbal disturbance" calls -- all with no arrests.

France, 38, is an Army veteran and real estate broker.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office said he had a concealed handgun permit at the time of the suspected road rage incident, but that he may soon lose it.

From behind the wheel of his car on I-205 Friday morning, Russ Ceperich captured shocking images of France flashing a handgun while arguing with another driver near Oregon City.

"First thing I noticed getting out of the driver seat he was carrying a pistol in his hand." Ceperich said. "It looked to me from that distance that his finger was on the trigger. I thought, 'uh oh, this isn't going to end well for someone.'"

In a 17 second video, France appears to do most of the talking while the other man just stands there.

The next day, France posted a photo on his Facebook page about an event at a home he's trying to sell in St. Johns.

"Packed open house from 12pm to 5:35!" the post says. "I met so many amazing people."

"They started flipping it about a year ago and people in and out," said Jennifer Kraft, who lives across the street from the home with her three children. "Just having the kids out here around, playing around and knowing that someone with a short temper like that was across the street it's kind of strange."

Oregon State Police arrested France Tuesday night during a traffic stop on Willamette Drive in West Linn after getting a tip from an off-duty firefighter.

Troopers said they retrieved France's Glock 19 handgun from his home and still have it as evidence.

France posted $14,500 bail and left jail Wednesday morning.

He faces charges of menacing, disorderly conduct and pointing a firearm at another person.

Court records say France was convicted of careless driving in 2009 and pleaded guilty to DUII in 2006.

OREGON CITY, Ore. —

Bradlee J. France, the man authorities say was caught on camera flashing a handgun on Interstate 205 Friday, bailed out of jail Wednesday as KATU learned he's no stranger to police.

The Oregon City Police Department said officers have been to France's home on Leo Court three times since March -- once on a noise complaint and two other times for "verbal disturbance" calls -- all with no arrests.

France, 38, is an Army veteran and real estate broker.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office said he had a concealed handgun permit at the time of the suspected road rage incident, but that he may soon lose it.

From behind the wheel of his car on I-205 Friday morning, Russ Ceperich captured shocking images of France flashing a handgun while arguing with another driver near Oregon City.

"First thing I noticed getting out of the driver seat he was carrying a pistol in his hand." Ceperich said. "It looked to me from that distance that his finger was on the trigger. I thought, 'uh oh, this isn't going to end well for someone.'"

In a 17 second video, France appears to do most of the talking while the other man just stands there.

The next day, France posted a photo on his Facebook page about an event at a home he's trying to sell in St. Johns.

"Packed open house from 12pm to 5:35!" the post says. "I met so many amazing people."

"They started flipping it about a year ago and people in and out," said Jennifer Kraft, who lives across the street from the home with her three children. "Just having the kids out here around, playing around and knowing that someone with a short temper like that was across the street it's kind of strange."

Oregon State Police arrested France Tuesday night during a traffic stop on Willamette Drive in West Linn after getting a tip from an off-duty firefighter.

Troopers said they retrieved France's Glock 19 handgun from his home and still have it as evidence.

France posted $14,500 bail and left jail Wednesday morning.

He faces charges of menacing, disorderly conduct and pointing a firearm at another person.

Court records say France was convicted of careless driving in 2009 and pleaded guilty to DUII in 2006.

The guy needs to lose his CHL pronto. You have the right to carry, unless and until you do stupid sh-t like this that demonstrates clearly that you can't be trusted to act like a grown-up.

I did some training once with firemen paramedics. Those guys have developed a truly sick-dark "seen it all" sense of humor to get through their day. Want to hear a blood curdling story to keep you up when you get home? Paramedic stories. Yikes.
Yes, got to see the worst humanity has to offer. There are things that go on, that if known, no one would leave home without a gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top