JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had the absolute pleasure to hang out with Ryan from ORYGUNHOLSTERCOMPANY today and watch what it takes to make a high end custom holster or two.

My BS meter is pretty spot on and I got none of that from him. As a perfectionist myself, and artist, I can honestly say that Ryan's attention to detail is incredible and I couldn't find a single thing wrong and everything right after watching him work for a few hours.

The old saying of you get what you pay for is rarely wrong but the quality of the holsters I saw today made me proud that there are still people like Ryan in business and helping people out with excellent customer service and quality work (unless for some reason you want an uncle Mikes generic sub par holster for dirt cheap...).

I would have written this up even if he wasn't overly generous by passing on some small AR parts for free - he offered to ship them on his dime but I wanted to meet him anyway after some private conversations.

If you ever find the junk sold at big stores or online lacking then this is the guy to talk too - in fact save yourself the trouble and expense of adding to your holster drawer (y'all know what I'm talking about;)) and just get a custom holster made to order the first time around.

You won't be disappointed or I wouldn't recommend him. In fact I rarely recommend anyone with the exception of:

@Velzey
@NWCustomFirearms
And now
@ORYGUNHolsterCompany

I have to see exceptional quality to even be partially interested in recommending someone or a business and Now have a 3rd company that I wouldn't go anywhere else to have work done.

Now I'm looking at knives and other guns in a whole new light that will someday have custom holsters. I will no longer be buying cheap generic mediocre holsters now that I know what to compare them too. There just isn't any comparison.

If you have any work he has done for you and can post a pic or two that would be great!

I have a little somethin somethin to post myself but it's too late and not enough light to do it justice so it will have to wait till tomorrow:p.

@Joe Link , I tried to find the business page for adding feedback to supporting vendors so i just left the normal feedback I would with anyone I deal with - could you direct me to the proper area if there is one please. This business deserves the extra time spent on the review.

Last Edited:
As promised:

IWB, leather backing, kydex front, additional holes for adjusting the angle if needed, solid clips and a positive grip on the gun so it won't fall out if I for some reason need to make a dash with my over sized body and gun:D.

Note: may or may not be obvious by the pic but there isn't a single edge that hasn't been rounded out so there is nothing to catch on or snag - very detailed work:).

IMG_1012.JPG

Second up is an OWB set: same attention to detail and extra holes to make for easy changing of the guns angle if wanted, both the gun and mags have a positive lock so nothing is accidentally falling out - I'd have to grab it to get it out.

Note: My wife was a little confused as to my choice of pattern/color but when I saw it I just thought it would compliment the gun and totally dig it:D. (There was a HUGE assortment to pick from, I would have been happy with dozens of the colors/patterns)

P.S. I intentionally wanted holsters that I could half cock the hammer on because when it is not with me it gets put in a quick access safe and because of the way I grab it out of the safe I don't want it cocked and locked on a chambered round. I have large hands and long fingers so cocking the hammer while pulling from the safe or holster is no impediment for me.

IMG_1007.JPG

I've done some horse trading with Ryan in the past and I'm certain that I will again. I echo the sentiments that Joe has expressed above. Top notch guy to trade and deal with. I do not have any experience with his holsters but if they're half the quality of Ryan's character, they will be second to none.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top