JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure this is the proper forum--let me know if not.

I've seen this on the back window of some cars and pick 'em up trucks in the Salem area. Is this:

A firearms related political/personal statement of support?
A "redneck" taunt of "elitists"?
Whimsical play on the state's name?
Something else?

Its a way to phonetically demonstrate the 'proper' way to say Oregon. Most of the rest of the US says 'Oree-gone'.

Keith

Yup.....my dad had a T-shirt when I was a kid that had Orygun printed on it...that was 30+ years ago....

All you transplants are easy to spot anyway......you own umbrellas....

I was born and raised here, and I own an umbrella. I don't know where the **** it is, and I've never used it myself, but chicks think it's thoughtful when you offer.

Yup--Quickest way to spot an "import" is if they pronounce it OR-E-GONE. The other one is Willamette. It's not WILL-AH-MET-TEE.
Of course is you are from one state north, one of the "test words" is the town of SEQUIM. I'll let ya guess on that one for a bit.

It's easy to spot a non-native, when they complain about not being able to pump their own gas.
If they want to pump their own gas they should just buy a motorcycle.

Yup, and it's easy to spot a Orygun native in an out of state gas station, they sit in their car with 10 cars lined up behind them with horns-a-honkin' .................;)

Yup, and it's easy to spot a Orygun native in an out of state gas station, they sit in their car with 10 cars lined up behind them with horns-a-honkin' .................;)

Or when an Orygun native shops out of state and asks to confirm how much everything was because the price seems a bit high (hence, the taxes).

It's easy to spot a non-native, when they complain about not being able to pump their own gas.
If they want to pump their own gas they should just buy a motorcycle.

I have to laugh about this one. When I was out here house hunting 19 years ago (moved from Minnesota) I pulled into a gas station and started pumping my own gas when all of a sudden this gas station attendant runs at me SCREAMING "You can't do that!". I thought the guy was having a psychotic episode. :s0114:

I thought this was about me.....:s0112:

It is.

Not sure this is the proper forum--let me know if not.

I've seen this on the back window of some cars and pick 'em up trucks in the Salem area. Is this:

A firearms related political/personal statement of support?
A "redneck" taunt of "elitists"?
Whimsical play on the state's name?
Something else?

Furiners call our beloved states Orygun, especially those from the East Coast. The other variation is Ory-gone. It ain't gone anywhere, it is still here.

We need a governor like Tom McCall, Keep Oregon green, bring your money, then leave the state. Do not Californicate Oregon. And the every popular Henry Weinhard's Oregon Border Control.

I have one of those hats..........I remember the sign at the Cal. border that read "we shoot every third Cal. plate, number 3 just passed" still have that news print around somewhere.

I have to laugh about this one. When I was out here house hunting 19 years ago (moved from Minnesota) I pulled into a gas station and started pumping my own gas when all of a sudden this gas station attendant runs at me SCREAMING "You can't do that!". I thought the guy was having a psychotic episode. :s0114:

You know, when I end up having to go to Oregon for something, the gas station attendants never hassle me about pumping my own fuel..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top