JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure this is the proper forum--let me know if not.

I've seen this on the back window of some cars and pick 'em up trucks in the Salem area. Is this:

A firearms related political/personal statement of support?
A "redneck" taunt of "elitists"?
Whimsical play on the state's name?
Something else?

Its a way to phonetically demonstrate the 'proper' way to say Oregon. Most of the rest of the US says 'Oree-gone'.

Keith

Yup.....my dad had a T-shirt when I was a kid that had Orygun printed on it...that was 30+ years ago....

All you transplants are easy to spot anyway......you own umbrellas....

I was born and raised here, and I own an umbrella. I don't know where the **** it is, and I've never used it myself, but chicks think it's thoughtful when you offer.

Yup--Quickest way to spot an "import" is if they pronounce it OR-E-GONE. The other one is Willamette. It's not WILL-AH-MET-TEE.
Of course is you are from one state north, one of the "test words" is the town of SEQUIM. I'll let ya guess on that one for a bit.

It's easy to spot a non-native, when they complain about not being able to pump their own gas.
If they want to pump their own gas they should just buy a motorcycle.

Yup, and it's easy to spot a Orygun native in an out of state gas station, they sit in their car with 10 cars lined up behind them with horns-a-honkin' .................;)

Yup, and it's easy to spot a Orygun native in an out of state gas station, they sit in their car with 10 cars lined up behind them with horns-a-honkin' .................;)

Or when an Orygun native shops out of state and asks to confirm how much everything was because the price seems a bit high (hence, the taxes).

It's easy to spot a non-native, when they complain about not being able to pump their own gas.
If they want to pump their own gas they should just buy a motorcycle.

I have to laugh about this one. When I was out here house hunting 19 years ago (moved from Minnesota) I pulled into a gas station and started pumping my own gas when all of a sudden this gas station attendant runs at me SCREAMING "You can't do that!". I thought the guy was having a psychotic episode. :s0114:

I thought this was about me.....:s0112:

It is.

Not sure this is the proper forum--let me know if not.

I've seen this on the back window of some cars and pick 'em up trucks in the Salem area. Is this:

A firearms related political/personal statement of support?
A "redneck" taunt of "elitists"?
Whimsical play on the state's name?
Something else?

Furiners call our beloved states Orygun, especially those from the East Coast. The other variation is Ory-gone. It ain't gone anywhere, it is still here.

We need a governor like Tom McCall, Keep Oregon green, bring your money, then leave the state. Do not Californicate Oregon. And the every popular Henry Weinhard's Oregon Border Control.

I have one of those hats..........I remember the sign at the Cal. border that read "we shoot every third Cal. plate, number 3 just passed" still have that news print around somewhere.

I have to laugh about this one. When I was out here house hunting 19 years ago (moved from Minnesota) I pulled into a gas station and started pumping my own gas when all of a sudden this gas station attendant runs at me SCREAMING "You can't do that!". I thought the guy was having a psychotic episode. :s0114:

You know, when I end up having to go to Oregon for something, the gas station attendants never hassle me about pumping my own fuel..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top