JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ouch, that's about what I have in the both of my Galesi's.. Still, :) thank you for giving me the heads up.. I currently have one non-functioning mag for the two of them.. might make them good tradin stock sometime. For my own use when I want a small lil feller, there's the as-new Baby Browning that has slept in a drawer of my desk for well over 20 years...

My very first polymer firearm was an XDM 9mm 5.25" competition model. [what was I thinking?] Shot it a few times and then relegated it to the the back of the safe. Felt guilty that I didn't like shooting it and never did. This year I made a trade in/swap with my LGS for an XD full sized Duty pistol in 45acp. Happy I did that and no longer feel guilty about owning a pistol I never shoot. This XD regularly goes to the range now with the other pistols. Good decision for me.

My very first polymer firearm was an XDM 9mm 5.25" competition model. [what was I thinking?] Shot it a few times and then relegated it to the the back of the safe. Felt guilty that I didn't like shooting it and never did. This year I made a trade in/swap with my LGS for an XD full sized Duty pistol in 45acp. Happy I did that and no longer feel guilty about owning a pistol I never shoot. This XD regularly goes to the range now with the other pistols. Good decision for me.
XD duty pistols= 10 thumbs up! ;) Still trying to figger the formula for turning a Glock 21 into an XDm 9:D...

Thanks...
Yeah I built the pistol ...the revolver is a Colt 2nd Generation Dragoon...:D
Andy
Andy you are one handy feller with those BP firearms... thanks for sharing all the stuff you do with the rest of us. I know all there is to know :rolleyes:- and I learn a lot from reading your posts... and IF there was such a beast as a Colt Dragoon in .54 you would be the guy who built/owned it..

Only 2 guns I don't shoot. My Grand Dad's old model 1912 and a Remington Shotgun he received as an retirement gift from a small voluntary fire station he was chief of for 25 years.

Oldest would be a German made Erma .25. Thing is older than me. Originally belonged to my Grandfather. Has not been shot in a very long time. It's feels strange now days when I pick it up as it's as large and heavy as some 9mm's

Only 2 guns I don't shoot. My Grand Dad's old model 1912 and a Remington Shotgun he received as an retirement gift from a small voluntary fire station he was chief of for 25 years.

Guns like the above aren't orphaned. Those guns are "Retired". Worked during their lives and are now retired to an easier way. Resting in the confines of their safes. Maybe coming out from time to time to enjoy the scenery, without working.

My/our orphans would be the wife's Ruger SR9 and a Ruger LC9. Then there's the S&W K-38 Target Masterpiece of my grand fathers. It's ready to shoot and would be pleased to work the line again. I just prefer to let it rest comfortably. A couple other S&W revolvers that are semi-retired. They get out from time to time though.

Guns like the above aren't orphaned. Those guns are "Retired". Worked during their lives and are now retired to an easier way. Resting in the confines of their safes. Maybe coming out from time to time to enjoy the scenery, without working.

My/our orphans would be the wife's Ruger SR9 and a Ruger LC9. Then there's the S&W K-38 Target Masterpiece of my grand fathers. It's ready to shoot and would be pleased to work the line again. I just prefer to let it rest comfortably. A couple other S&W revolvers that are semi-retired. They get out from time to time though.
I like that, retired after a long life of service :) The little .25 that was Grandfathers is so worn from years of him pocket carrying it you can hardly read the writing any more. I remember in the 60's and early 70's being at his home seeing it. He kept it on a shelf in the kitchen. When he would be going off to work he would kiss Grandma and pick that up to drop it in his pocket. Tough old guy owned a bar in retirement. He got knifed twice in there. After the second one Grandma had had enough. Told him he could sell the place, no longer work there, or carry a gun. So he bought this little gun to keep her happy. When my Father gave it to me decades later I did not know it was still in the family.

I like that, retired after a long life of service :) The little .25 that was Grandfathers is so worn from years of him pocket carrying it you can hardly read the writing any more. I remember in the 60's and early 70's being at his home seeing it. He kept it on a shelf in the kitchen. When he would be going off to work he would kiss Grandma and pick that up to drop it in his pocket. Tough old guy owned a bar in retirement. He got knifed twice in there. After the second one Grandma had had enough. Told him he could sell the place, no longer work there, or carry a gun. So he bought this little gun to keep her happy. When my Father gave it to me decades later I did not know it was still in the family.

Id enjoy seeing that little gun.
Sounds like he got his money's worth.

Id enjoy seeing that little gun.
Sounds like he got his money's worth.
That he did. IIRC it was originally finished, pretty sure it was all just worn off. All the writing on it is in German although very hard to read any more. Need to take it to the range again one of these Mondays just for the hell of it.

.25.jpg

Weatherby Vanguard in 7 Mag. Technically I gave this gun to a buddy but the sumbeech never sends me his FFL address.
Winchester M70 338 Winmag. Ugly. Bought an old wood stock for it that I'm refinishing, will probably shoot it more once it's purdy. My son likes it. It will be his one day.
Savage 10 Long Range in 308. Waiting for my daughter to fetch it. She will give it a LOT of loving.
Sig Mosquito. POS. extractor's broke.

This little guy, I got awhile ago on a partial trade, Phoenix Arms 22LR, with extra Barrels.
Actually shoots good with good ammo, like CCI. But just sits locked up. No real use for it.
But I always forget I have this....

CameraZOOM-20181213082019604.jpg

I have a 3.3" bi-tone Springfield XDS that doesn't get much love. For starters it's got a pretty crappy trigger and isn't the most pleasant gun to shoot.

But I bought it thinking it would be great for carrying...which it is. But then after thinking some more, I came to the conclusion that I don't want to have to actually bet my life on a sub compact and particularly when I don't have any problems concealing a Glock 19 sized weapon. So it mostly sits. I should really probably try to sell it but I keep thinking I might find a use for it. :rolleyes:

Mine is a J. C. Higgins 12 ga bolt that I inherited from my Dad. I found out that Sears did a recall on them about 20 years ago. Sears doesn't answer their phones anymore, so it just occupies space in the safe. Hoping for a gun buy back :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top