JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So long story short i dont have my originals any longer. I do have a ton of copies of the entire packet. What steps do i take now? Do i need to get a new physical stamp? Am i going to have fees or fined for anything? Not sure what other questions to ask so feel free to let me know anything i may need to know.

Thank you!

I dont get it. What are you trying to do? You dont really need the original of the original trust. Copies are fine. If you lost your stamped form 4 ( or form 1 ) it doesnt matter. They can send you a copy with out the actual stamp on it that's as good as a a stamped one. The efile Form 1's and 4's dont even have physical stamps.

I would just like to have originals of the paperwork. I dont understand if a photo copy of the stamp is just as good why not just issue a number. If an original stamp cant be produced for any reason say i was hunting with my can and i have my photocopy but fish and game wanted to challenge the legality of possession. If atf just happens to not be able to find my tiny stack of papers or the ffl i purchased from cant either and i cant show the original. I have a huge problem on my hands

The ATF has the original on file. Your original has the stamp but all that paper means is that you are in the system. If you lose your copy the ATf just sends you a copy of their origianl. Ive had it happen . It no big deal. You just have an unstamped form 4 with a control number. The stamp itself doesnt make the form legal. The ATF signatures at the bottom do that. There is no stamp on e-filed transfer forms. Just a computer generated picture of a stamp which actually sucks because those stamps have actual intrinsic value to stamp collectors.
Fish and game cannot challenge the legality of possession. While technically the fish and game have no federal mandate to force you to show them your paperwork they do have their own state issued regulatory mandate in some states. The worst that would ever happen is fish and game would call the ATF to make sure the gun was registered to you. My experience over the last 25 years of owning NFA with 10 of those years being an 02/07 FFL licensee is that a majority of the time ALL local police and state agencies completely lose interest in you once you produce the paperwork ( IF they even have a clue your stuff is NFA regulated ) even days down the road and are more than happy to get it back into your hands and out of theirs.

Last Edited:
This is a quandry for me: efile and get it in maybe a week, or paper file and add a stamp to my collection. :D

I want it overwith...but...but I have to collect them all too...:rolleyes:

The thing about tax stamps is that especially when dealing with Machine Guns is that a redacted form 4 with stamp can sell for hundreds of dollars. Ive seen old Thompson Form 4's go for more. If you occasionally buy and can sell your MGs as many do and can also the stamp for a few hundred. Hell yeah. Machine Guns are free BTW. Its one of the few tangible things that you'll get more selling it than you paid for it 100% of the time. You'll always get your money back .

Silencers, AOW's and SBR ? Unless its C&R the form and stamp are only worth what the stamps are worth $25-$100.

Then it gets expensive. You have to form 4 the silencer to a dealer in his state. $200. Then the dealer adds his fee . $50-$100. Then the dealer has to form 4 the silencer to the other person. Another $200. It usually makes sense to do machine guns like that but it almost never makes sense to do silencers like that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top