JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Just seeing if there is any chance there is a buyer here that is interested in high end Colts.

This is an all original Colt 1911A1 issued in 1943. Has all proof marks and matching serial numbers, plus armory marks and IS NOT REFINISHED. This is all original with matching holster and 2 mags that were issued at the same time.

This is a classic piece of history and beautiful to say the least. Everything is verified and can be verified as well.

All marks are readable and the gun is the same gun issued back in WWII.

I am just putting up a few quick pics before I put it on other sites.

Price is $2750

Thanks,

Scott

View attachment 194799
View attachment 194800
View attachment 194801
View attachment 194802

Pics of the serial number and pic of the "US PROPERTY" marks?

the gun is very corect, did you notice the G.H.D stamped on the side? These are the initials of Brigadeer General Guy H. Drewry, the Army inspector of ordnance. Commonly marked from 1942 through 1945 in this manner.

Most REAL 1911 collectors know this, and refrain from asking stupid questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics of the serial number and pic of the "US PROPERTY" marks?

If you are serious, I will show you the gun or send pics. I would not falsely advertise. The gun has all the proper proof marks, and stamps that go with it. All serial numbers match in cluding behind the firing pin stiker plate.

I you would like to look at it I would be happy to show you the gun.

Scott

the gun is very corect, did you notice the G.H.D stamped on the side? These are the initials of Brigadeer General Guy H. Drewry, the Army inspector of ordnance. Commonly marked from 1942 through 1945 in this manner.

All of which can be faked.

Most "real 1911 collectors" know this too...

( eta, not implying a thing towards the sale ad, very nice gun )

generally only cheats worry about being cheated. In 40 years of buying selling and trading guns I have only come across one poorly executed fake.

This thread is for selling a particular gun, posts must relate to questions and answers pertaining to this gun. Personal insults have no place here. BTW I often worry about being cheated. ;) Trlsmn...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are serious, I will show you the gun or send pics. I would not falsely advertise. The gun has all the proper proof marks, and stamps that go with it. All serial numbers match in cluding behind the firing pin stiker plate.

I you would like to look at it I would be happy to show you the gun.

Scott

I was just trying to compare what you have vs one of my examples in the same era. Your pics only shows one side and didn't give
Me an overall feel how yours stacks up against mine. I do like to "upgrade" when I fine a better example.

Never implied anything was fake and if asking for pics of certain areas or angles is calling it a fake then I'm sorry as that was not my intent.

But yes a few more pics from different angles would be nice since I do have an interest but live many hours away.

As I am not a "REAL" 1911 collector I am curious if anyone can tell me what the initials F.J.A. in that same location mean?

Nice piece BTW.

As I am not a "REAL" 1911 collector I am curious if anyone can tell me what the initials F.J.A. in that same location mean?

Nice piece BTW.

FJA: Frank J. Atwood. Found on Remington Rand and Ithaca 1911A1s (entire production).

This site is decent and should help you: <broken link removed>

Here are some pics I took for scott

JCL_8615.jpg
JCL_8612.jpg
JCL_8616.jpg

Not a problem Civil. I was not implying anything so I am sorry you read it that way. I was just saying that it is all there. The real thing. The last one sold last month on GB for $3475 and mine is in better condition. So if you have any questions just please ask.

As for someone being cautious I understand. But if I were to try and steal from somebody it would not be a site where I know a lot of people.

And as for someone to think it is easy to fake these it is not. It is hard to get a punch just like they did back then. It is not easy and it is easy for someone to see if they did.

Civil, again if any questions please just ask and I will show everything to you. Thanks and sorry for the bad communications. No big deal though. Have a good one.

Scott

Scott-

I know you have an asking cash price, but do you have any interest in a (partial + cash) trade(s)?

Had to ask. I have alot of .30 cal rifles and a few could go your way for something like this.

SF-

Sent PM

Trade will be considered. Mostly .308 only and bolt or AR10 meaning Armalite. Plus cash of course. 700LTR, 700 VSF, and so on in excellent condition.

Thanks.

Scott

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.