JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking into stocking up on ammo in a few calibers, and it's looking like the simplest way to do that is going to be by buying bulk loose rounds.

Anybody using an organizer similar to this to organize loose ammo when going shooting? Seems like I could fit a decent enough amount of multiple calibers if I feel like taking out more than one and shooting.

Also open to ideas, suggestions and cautions of course.

Screenshot_20200202_150259_com.android.chrome.jpg

They have lots of plastic cases that like the examples shown. I have some from Midway that were bought when I was still using them Mail order so they lasted a long time. Now days we use a lot of those "Ziploc" containers. around the kitchen. Made to be used a while then tossed. They get buggered up from the microwave and when they do I toss. I keep some for stuff like ammo and odds and ends in the shop. For heading out to the range I have both small and large for ammo. For .22 ammo the small one holds over 300 rounds. Easier to grab from when loading mags at the range. The bigger size I use for stuff like .45 and 10mm. This may not be what you want to store bulk but they are dirt cheap. Especially if you use them for food a few times and were going to toss them anyway. They are also something you can take with to the range and toss when empty if you want.

Zip1.png

Good suggestions I might have to look into some of them for storage once I start getting a lot gathered up, I didn't see anything on the MTM site that fits what I'm after though really, typically when I'm going shooting there's a little bit of 4 wheeling involved to get there, but even just for convenience sake I'd like to have a case capable of holding at least 4 different sizes of ammo all in one place.

I believe in spending money on guns, ammo, and mags; not on fancy organizers.

I use metal and plastic dedicated ammo cans. And any/all free recycled plastic bins, tupperware, food containers (butter dishes, cottage cheese dishes, etc., you name it. Wash it out and re-purpose it. Any useful metal tin, plastic container, etc. gets re-purposed. Sturdy cardboard boxes too. A piece of duct tape and a label and you're good to go. Ziplock bags are useful too.

I also store ammo pre-loaded into magazines which saves a lot of time and space, and it's immediately useful.

Harbor frt plastic ammo cans are cheap, empty plastic coffee cans as well. the garbage cans at most ranges are often full of empty like newish retail boxes with dividers.
I store in stackable horse supplement buckets, that have lids and stack. they are like tupperware, only tougher and are 1.5 gallon at home. Elsewhere, its in a range bag, small bucket or pack.
dollar store has options as well.
Storing items together is like having two powders on the reloading bench. Each gun has its kit and its ammo is in its own packaging, be it a bucket, range bag of box. Smaller packaging tend to store better in vehicle opposed to a large one as there is a lot of smaller voids

Plastic containers from Dollar Tree :s0069:

They are a $1 and you can choose from size(s) and color(s).

Wanna keep your can to a manageable size. Too big (5 gal bucket eg) and it gets to heavy.

I like the HF plastic ammo can. They have been tough enough and they have a seal.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads