JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hope everyone is ready for a busy year protecting our rights. It already seems like we are going see gun control bills and initiatives every month!

This forum is great for local news and as a way to organize people to call their reps and senators. It's going to need to be 10x better in a year like this.

There are a lot of off topic postings here about other states and general gun news. Just reading the front page there are threads about Florida, Mississippi and Michigan plus news stories that don't have much to do with the PNW.

It would be a lot easier to find relevant local political/legal info if those stories were off in another forum. Frankly by the time I see them here I've already seen them on half a dozen gun blogs and my other forums, so they are of zero interest to me. Do other people have the same reaction?

I'd love to hear some suggestions on how the forum can focus on the PNW political challenges, and the big federal issues.

I only frequent one other gun forum other than NWF. Oh, I drop by SWF three or four times a day, too. But I get most of my 2A and such information from GOA and NRA-ILA alerts in email. Having this forum and posts from Taku, simon99, Dave Workman and others about stuff going on in Salem and Olympia constantly gives me a good heads up on things local.

Centralizing these posts in a sub forum or child board of the "Legal and Political" would make finding things that aren't up in the "New Posts" search any longer, easier. As it is, you don't know where to go look for it if no one is actively posting to the thread.

The 2014 Mid-Term Elections and the coming year of attacks on our freedom will be an uphill battle. It would be great if this forum was a focal point for the PNW gun owners to find resources with which to engage these attacks.

I only frequent one other gun forum other than NWF. Oh, I drop by SWF three or four times a day, too. But I get most of my 2A and such information from GOA and NRA-ILA alerts in email. Having this forum and posts from Taku, simon99, Dave Workman and others about stuff going on in Salem and Olympia constantly gives me a good heads up on things local.

Centralizing these posts in a sub forum or child board of the "Legal and Political" would make finding things that aren't up in the "New Posts" search any longer, easier. As it is, you don't know where to go look for it if no one is actively posting to the thread.

The 2014 Mid-Term Elections and the coming year of attacks on our freedom will be an uphill battle. It would be great if this forum was a focal point for the PNW gun owners to find resources with which to engage these attacks.

Yes, one specifically for WA and one for OR would be nice.
We do have to pay attention to what happens in the rest of the nation as well. Trends tend to spread like a cancer.

The key for all of us is to remain vigilant and active. Its easy to develop an apathetic attitude and feel that others will take care of our rights for us. The paradigm has changed my friends. The antis are a rabid, bloodthirsty bunch that are too well funded and organized, so get into the fight!

I hope everyone is ready for a busy year protecting our rights. It already seems like we are going see gun control bills and initiatives every month!

This forum is great for local news and as a way to organize people to call their reps and senators. It's going to need to be 10x better in a year like this.

There are a lot of off topic postings here about other states and general gun news. Just reading the front page there are threads about Florida, Mississippi and Michigan plus news stories that don't have much to do with the PNW.

It would be a lot easier to find relevant local political/legal info if those stories were off in another forum. Frankly by the time I see them here I've already seen them on half a dozen gun blogs and my other forums, so they are of zero interest to me. Do other people have the same reaction?

I'd love to hear some suggestions on how the forum can focus on the PNW political challenges, and the big federal issues.

I think this is a great idea. State level and local level political organization and a political action network would be a very good strategy. How can we kick this off?

It is important to get factual information and ALERTS out to as many like-minded people as possible, and as soon as possible. It's better to see this information more than once than to not see it at all.

Be ready for a very busy year.

Yeah. Events like Salem and Olympia should be posted at the top of every section. Just a personal opinion.

If the post authors could attach a WA:, OR: or ID: prefix in the subject line, that would certainly draw attention where it needs to be, by those who it needs to reach most.

I still like to read about what is going on, in the contiguous states, as there really isn't anything innovative coming from MDA, MAIG, CSGV, etc. and their shills in the state legislatures. What is being tried in one state now, may be tried again elsewhere.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top