JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm leaning towards non-open carry

1. This isn't regarding an open carry matter

2. The focus will be on the guns and not the message

...and the message is what we really need to focus on and get out there.

Can anyone up north take the reigns on setting a time and date for a rally in Oly?
I'm not familiar with the area or anything else. Should be up to the locals.

I'll finish my info gathering and set it up soon. I hope to post it tomorrow

I like the idea of not being openly armed, as well. I think the image projected while appearing unarmed would be far more helpful for attracting people on the fence.

By they, nice forum you all have here. I've lurked for a while, but figured now was a great time to sign up,

Just skimmed thru the bill and i have to say my heart goes out to you guys in wash and ore. I do not understand people or rather the rational behind them when they think taking guns away is the answer, i mean look at violent crime rates in austrailia and england. Agreed, shootings are down but assaults and burgluries are thru the roof and assaults are often committed with a weapon. Then look at , i think its switzerland, where everyone is required to attain firearms training and each household is to own a firearm has virtually no home invasions or violent crime. Keep us safe brothers and keep our second ammendment !!!

Guns are easy to ban in Aus & UK... different histories and culture, not as many guns... And oh yeah, they're islands.
It
would never work here.

The other thought on not having open carry... Considering the issue in Malheur County, it could be taken the wrong way... Or taken the wrong way on purpose.

Nice, it looks like it is time to get the manufacturers on board.

My guess is that if the manufacturers of weapons procured by law enforcement were to weigh in on the side of the law abiding, minds would be changed.

Maybe a call to the NRA to see what they are doing on the legislative action front would be warranted.

Because when it is all said and done; if it comes to pass, my guess is that there is going to be a booming business in Central and Northern Idaho on 80 percent receivers, parts kits and the like that will be a short drive from Spokane, Tri-cities or Wenatchee.

Hmmmm..... That gives me an idea ;)

Yet another reason that my business is considering the advantages of moving to a free state.

And continuing to support those trapped "behind enemy lines" in places where the battle for gun control is being trumped by the battle for common sense.

I just received an e-mail from a retired Marine buddy in Virginia. He is a member of the Virginia Civil Defense League, and they just got done with an event in the state capitol where they had 1,200 members talking to ALL representatives. They had chartered 4 separate buses to get people up there from all over the state. The anti gun legislators didn't know where to hide and the pro gun reps were giving speeches and laying out plans publicly.

Nice, it looks like it is time to get the manufacturers on board.

My guess is that if the manufacturers of weapons procured by law enforcement were to weigh in on the side of the law abiding, minds would be changed.

Don't you know? They make baby-killing machines. Who would listen to them?

In all seriousness, no manufacturer is going to give us the time of day. They fight their own fight in what seems almost like another reality from our perspective. I wish it weren't so, but if one of them where to support the position of a group of citizens, it would be seen as an endorsement. Just imagine how bad it would look for one of these companies if so much as one citizen affiliated with the group did something assinine, like run around the Capitol open carrying an AK while wearing a tinfoil hat and shouting about reptilian overlords. Yeah. We all know that those guys are among us.

I like the idea of not being openly armed, as well. I think the image projected while appearing unarmed would be far more helpful for attracting people on the fence.

By they, nice forum you all have here. I've lurked for a while, but figured now was a great time to sign up,

Concealed is good, they will never know for sure and if and when asked if are we armed just reply Why do you need to know?

I'll be in the Vancouver area tonight on a fishing trip & leaving tomorrow afternoon.

Informational picket signs:

zzzzAssault-Rifle-Because-I-Am-Black.jpg

zzzzAssault-Rifle-Because-I-Am-Black.jpg

********** HEAD TO OLYMPIA TOMORROW *********

HEARINGS TOMORROW FOR ANTI GUN LEGISLATION (except awb)

1/21/16 at 1:30pm
Room A of the John L. O'Brien Bldg

Be there at 1, plan to spend a couple of hours!

Remember, maintain a professional appearance, CCW only, gun related signs and messages only!

GO!

Don't you know? They make baby-killing machines. Who would listen to them?

In all seriousness, no manufacturer is going to give us the time of day. They fight their own fight in what seems almost like another reality from our perspective. I wish it weren't so, but if one of them where to support the position of a group of citizens, it would be seen as an endorsement. Just imagine how bad it would look for one of these companies if so much as one citizen affiliated with the group did something assinine, like run around the Capitol open carrying an AK while wearing a tinfoil hat and shouting about reptilian overlords. Yeah. We all know that those guys are among us.

They are starting to call this "The Barrett Effect." http://bearingarms.com/the-barrett-...irearms-to-government-agencies-in-california/

Barrett doesn't sell .50 BMG rifles to any law enforcement agency in California because of the way they treat their citizens regarding the 2A and possession of these rifles by citizens.

Magpul picked up their entire operation very publicly and moved it out of state when Colorado fell down the libturd rabbit hole.

Beretta told Maryland to bugger off and moved to Tennessee because of their stance on the 2A.

Remington moved entire operations to places like North Carolina because of Connecticut's laws.

Looks to me that some are already on board and that they don't care what some yeah-hoo with with an AK and a tin foil hat does.

And it is getting notice. This is from the 2014 SHOT Show.

During SHOT Show, it was revealed that Ruger will stop selling semi-automatic pistols in the state (of CA), as they have not found a way to comply with the demands of the state's absurd microstamping law.

Ruger CEO Mike Fifer explained that they aren't voluntarily leaving the California market, but are being forced out by the California's government.

A distributor suggests that Smith & Wesson is going the same route with their semi-automatics, and it appears that other gun companies will likely be forced to stop selling semi-automatic pistols in the state.

I like the stance that these manufacturers are taking: "Citizens can't buy it from us? Then you can't either. The State Police and LAPD better start looking for holsters for Louisville sluggers, because pretty soon, that is all they will have.

Things are going to get interesting....;)

They are starting to call this "The Barrett Effect." http://bearingarms.com/the-barrett-...irearms-to-government-agencies-in-california/

Barrett doesn't sell .50 BMG rifles to any law enforcement agency in California because of the way they treat their citizens regarding the 2A and possession of these rifles by citizens.

Magpul picked up their entire operation very publicly and moved it out of state when Colorado fell down the libturd rabbit hole.

Beretta told Maryland to bugger off and moved to Tennessee because of their stance on the 2A.

Remington moved entire operations to places like North Carolina because of Connecticut's laws.

Looks to me that some are already on board and that they don't care what some yeah-hoo with with an AK and a tin foil hat does.

During SHOT Show, it was revealed that Ruger will stop selling semi-automatic pistols in the state (of CA), as they have not found a way to comply with the demands of the state's absurd microstamping law.

Ruger CEO Mike Fifer explained that they aren't voluntarily leaving the California market, but are being forced out by the California's government.

A distributor suggests that Smith & Wesson is going the same route with their semi-automatics, and it appears that other gun companies will likely be forced to stop selling semi-automatic pistols in the state.

I like the stance that these manufacturers are taking: "Citizens can't buy it from us? Then you can't either. The State Police and LAPD better start looking for holsters for Louisville sluggers, because pretty soon, that is all they will have.

That's extremely interesting. Thank you for the information. I guess I have more reading to do. Everything you just wrote is news to me, except for the parts related to the California micro-stamping debacle; honestly, I feel that companies such as Ruger and Smith & Wesson absolutely should stop selling to law enforcement in California, and any other state pulling the same nonsense. It's that, or just tell them they can buy any service pistols they want, so long as they are the same revolvers that any other citizen is limited to, and that is exactly how it seems to be playing out!

Yes. It will get interesting, won't it?

HR4269 was introduced by David Cecilline (D) Rhode Island, another Assault Weapons ban. This one goes so far as to ban the manufacture of anything they might call an "assault weapon". Keep in mind that the government hasn't had an armory for the manufacture of battle weapons for years. They depend on the civilian manufacturers for ALL of their firearms. I think the Salt Lake armory is the only one they have left, and they only manufacture ammunition. These guys are going round the bend and they are going to bite the hand that feeds them.

Last Edited:
There is a lot more going on in the state and federal levels than many of us realize. I would urge everyone to look at popvox.com. It is an easy way to follow pending legislation that we all have a stake in. It also offers an easy way for you to contact your lawmakers at all levels, be it state or Federal. I look at it several times a week and it is mind boggling what the Democrats are doing across the country. More anti-gun legislation than I have seen in years is being introduced. DO NOT sit on your hands. If you can't get to Olympia or Salem, then correspond with your elected officials. Call their offices. Obamas' executive actions are just a smoke screen. This is a concerted effort by the Libs to get as much of this garbage passed as they possibly can before Obama leaves office. It might also be an indicator that they know they don't have a prayer of regaining the White House, let alone get back the House and Senate. It is time to push back in any way we can, and keep pushing. This site is easy, and it's free. It is not a single issue website. You can follow just about any legislation that you think might concern you, and once you open that free account, you can get alerts sent to your inbox quickly.

www.popvox.com

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top