JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, Washington has become ground zero in the fight for our Second Amendment rights.

After our disappointing defeat in the last election... they've come back for more.

Rep Moeller out of the Vancouver area has introduced HB2354 & it is now heading to the Judiciary Committee

This bill is the mother of all assault weapons bans. We will be no different than California or Massachusetts.

Though weapons and magazines already in circulation will be allowed, their transfer will be prohibited and treated as a felony.

This will even include guns like the Marlin 60 and competition shotguns like Mossberg JM Pro. and many others not traditionally treated as so-called assault weapons.

Here is the text of the bill.
http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=2354&year=2015

And then this little gem, where your Governor Inslee calls guns owners & NRA a "destructive force"
http://shared.nrapvf.org/sharedmedia/1508518/inslee-attack-email-january-11.pdf

The time has come to do something proactive. We need everyone out in force on this. Its your rights on the line. We all know that once given up, gun rights are not restored.

I am working on organizing a peaceful, conservative style protest at Representative Moeller's office in Vancouver... At least at his campaign office anyway, for his HQ for his upcoming bid for Lt. Governor. Currently working on the logistics of it as I just began planning today.

Id like to hear from my SW WA people and determine how many people will actually attend...

Also, Id like to organize something in Oly as well. Im not sure Id be able to attend, but im going to look into it anyway. Ideally Id like to have a few protests on this and definitely when the Judiciary Committee is considering the bill.

Let me know what you all think about it, if you can or would attend, other ideas, etc.

In the meantime below is a link to find who your rep is... find them and light up their inbox.
http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/

Beyond that, below are the emails for the Reps on the Judiciary Committee

WA Leg Judiciary Committee

DEMOCRATS:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

REPUBLICANS:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

It should go without saying that what we are embarking on is a public relations mission. Hearts and minds here people.
Your emails and calls should be well thought out, spell checked and of course... polite and riddled with facts.

Come protest time I think the same standards should apply. Think like its a job interview. We have been villified for so long that we need to really sell ourselves as the face of responsible gun ownership.

Keep the message gun related. Leave your confederate flags, etc at home.

Okay, thats enough... Ill update when Ive put more details together

Last Edited:
I'm in. I have talked to at least 5 others that are ready as well. I would be willing to rent a 16 passenger van to make a run to Olympia as well and hopefully get some guys from down south near me up there. The guys I talked to all have weekends off so that would be easier but if I have some notice I can be there during the week.

I will continue to talk to people and get as many as possible committed. I will let you know what I have for head count. We need Oregonians as well. You know Oregon won't be out done and they will come for you next...

I'm in. I have talked to at least 5 others that are ready as well. I would be willing to rent a 16 passenger van to make a run to Olympia as well and hopefully get some guys from down south near me up there. The guys I talked to all have weekends off so that would be easier but if I have some notice I can be there during the week.

This right here is why there is not the turnout during the week so the politicians can see us.
I totally understand that people have to work but PLEASE give up a few sick days or vacation days for the cause, it is very worth your while to do the right thing and fight.

Thanks for getting involved.;)

I have some other business in Olympia the 9th and 10th of next month (February).
I have to wear a suit to a couple of meetings but I'll be bringing civvies as well.
Let me know if you all have anything planned around then.
Brutus Out

What are the open carry laws there for Oregon Residents ?
I know I cant use my Conceal Carry, but for the protest value whats the open carry rules ?

This right here is why there is not the turnout during the week so the politicians can see us.
I totally understand that people have to work but PLEASE give up a few sick days or vacation days for the cause, it is very worth your while to do the right thing and fight.

Thanks for getting involved.;)
Agreed. I wish I was in a field that had sick days but this fight has reached a point where we need to sacrifice some things to try to secure our liberties.

The protest would it be inside or outside?
I'll wait until there is more details on this and then ask more details but I will take off work as needed for WA or OR. I will just use my vacation time no biggy. But the sooner the notice the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dune every rally in Olympia I have been to has been an out of doors venue. There are people who venture indoors to chat with legislators in the past but last year's fiasco with some smucks going inside and racking their bolts and wearing dusters (long black coats like a true Columbine HS) that really wet and soiled some legislators panties.... so they felt they had to protect themselves from the natives and went to a GFZ.....
Depending on the weather I'll make a 3-4 signs and give them to people who have none and I bring a chair.:cool:

My plan is to have one here in Vancouver.

The only office I can find for Rep Moeller in town is a campaign office for his Lt. Gov. run.
I think that might be our only choice in Vancouver.
I'm off work the next two days, ill look into it, however, if its just the campaign office, that's good enough for me. I'll just have to see if its up and running yet.

I'll have to also look up the best ways to not get arrested too. Not sure I remember the last protest that went down in the couve... Maybe there's a reason.

I'm not ready to go out like that just yet.

I just retired, so I'm in. So my question is how do we get the info that is in this bill out to the general public and show them the agenda in this bill and then tie them into it and let them see that this legislation sets precedent and could be used against them in the future in the same way it's being used now. To get a response from the GP, they have to feel it as a threat to them and then see who's threatening them, etc. Ideas ?

Our problem is the GP and anti gunners FEAR GUNS due to lack of knowledge, (just a general statement), so how do we educate them and remove the fear factor ?
How can we show the GP the internals of this bill and how it could be used against them, with what little exposure we'll get while at a protest ?
Also, is there a way to get the Media to understand that they are next, if 2A goes away 1A is next and if that happens then the cool little club their in now won't be as much fun then.
Other than voting the Politian's out, any ideas on how we can go around them visually and verbally.
How do we show that this bill only affects law abiding citizens and does nothing to criminals, visually and verbally while at a protest.

How do we do this ??? We need positives, Any ideas, thoughts ?

Last Edited:
It's going to take money

Flood editorials, get a spread in papers, tv commercials, radio spots...

Maybe we write up a press release and send it out before every protest and if nothing else, get a few guys out there on a regular basis.

If we can't get the $ to use media...
We'll make news simply by pestering them and being persistent in our picketing the capitol, representatives offices, Dem & Rep party offices... It will become a story, and they'll talk to us.
It's important to get a good line down to respond with. Pro gun, non partisan, use facts and stats .

Open carry rallies and unarmed rallies... We need to show the public the real face of gun owners.

Not only do we need to lobby politicians but also keep on top of the gun industry to make sure they are contributing to the cause. Because once the American civilian market drops out, so will their business.

Where are at on this? I am willing and able to attend in Olympia, and might even be able to bring along a few others. I'm not sure if I can pull off Vancouver, but I would do my best. I signed up with the NRA for the first time very recently, and I first heard about Inslee's message regarding the NRA this evening, so I dropped everything and shared it with several friends, and over the course of the past few hours have generated a few more first time NRA members, including my girlfriend of many years. I already sent carefully crafted messages to my representatives regarding HB 2354.

Be aware that HB 2354 is not alone, and that there are a slew of these ridiculous bills being introduced right now. We have to do everything in our power to fight them while being rational, intelligent, and hopefully, as relatable as we possibly can. We can't give the anti crowd the emotional reactions that they want, or we will lose.

Let's get a plan going, and I will do my best to rally some more folks for the cause.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top