JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I imagine that once you register it with the DMV, a statement would be sent to your address informing you of the amount owed. This POS "sales tax" will do jack diddly squat to fix roads in Oregon. From what I heard, it is an incentive that is passed on to people who buy a Hybrid/electric vehicle as a "rebate, essentially robbing from one person and giving to another. Just like the left does already....

If you are on vacation and your tow vehicle breaks down and in reality it would cost more in time and money to fix it, what do you do?? Buy a vehicle of their lot and deal with the rest of it when you get home, we have seen that happen a couple of times at work.

In case yall missed it on the news or social media, effective July 1 there is a new payroll tax in Oregon that employees will will pay. It is a transportation tax that is $ 1 per thousand dollars of wages. So if you make 50K, you pay an additional $ 50 in taxes this year. If you make $ 150K, then you pay $ 150.

The employer has to pay this tax with the quarterlies and withhold it. Thanks to you state azzholes for creating another tax and administrative function and line item that I now need to add to our payroll, plus send out an explanation with the next payroll run.

But hell, you all don't mind do you ?? After all it is for the roads.
Owners of rentals, apartment complexes and trailer parks often enact an inconvenience bump in rent....usually $25/$50 or so. The idea is it is not enough to do anything other than illicit a few complaints but not enough to cause the "taxed" to pick up and move.

These progressive taxes are like that. They know we will pay them like like obedient servants, and even more so when it just comes off the paycheck rather than pulling the cash out of the wallet and handing it over to the tax collector face to face.

I've often wondered why people live/work in OR with regards to the state income tax and high property taxes.

I mean you have to buy A LOT of taxable goods, as in no one buys enough, to overcome the income tax vs sales tax equation. Then add in the higher property taxes...

I used to work in OR and I looked for a job in WA weekly.

I've often wondered why people live/work in OR with regards to the state income tax and high property taxes.

I mean you have to buy A LOT of taxable goods, as in no one buys enough, to overcome the income tax vs sales tax equation. Then add in the higher property taxes...

When I moved into my current house in 1999 the property taxes were right at $3000. Now they are right at $6000 per year, and the whole area has gone downhill :rolleyes:

It's getting out of hand really. I'm not even sure what OR does with all the money.
Not any industry in my area, so a lot goes to the school district. And someone has to pay for all the section-8 housing, etc. The roads coming into the neighborhoods are getting bad and none have been repaired since 1999...even after those subcontracted utility people dig their trenches and patch the hole like a drunkard.

Owners of rentals, apartment complexes and trailer parks often enact an inconvenience bump in rent....usually $25/$50 or so. The idea is it is not enough to do anything other than illicit a few complaints but not enough to cause the "taxed" to pick up and move.

Exactly. I now have to process and additional tax to the state government. It costs us at least 11% to 15% to administrate or account for any fee payment, vendor payment. The employee is paying this tax, not the business, I just have to process it. I will just add on another hour to my administrative costs for the month.

I imagine that once you register it with the DMV, a statement would be sent to your address informing you of the amount owed. This POS "sales tax" will do jack diddly squat to fix roads in Oregon. From what I heard, it is an incentive that is passed on to people who buy a Hybrid/electric vehicle as a "rebate, essentially robbing from one person and giving to another. Just like the left does already....
LOL that's what WA did years ago they gave people this deal buy a hybrid or electric and save money on taxes .
One problem that means less gas sold so the lose money on the gas tax .
Now they want toll roads every where

Oregon is ranked 11th lowest by the below chart, Washington is 33rd...

2018 Tax Rates by State

Yes, wealthy in WA pay more as they buy more taxable goods. The middle class however enjoys less taxes.
Not according to the data in the attached chart. They calculated relative income-tax obligations by applying the effective income-tax rates in each state and locality to the average American's income.

It's getting out of hand really. I'm not even sure what OR does with all the money.

Small wonder why Oregon needs money, being on the hook with a 22 BILLION dollar PERS deficit. That's $ 22,000,000,000.00!!!
(edited: Apparently I drop zeros when I drink...)

Last Edited:
looks like Oregon taxed you three zeroes. It should be
$22,000,000,000.00!!!

And the moronic idiot that will be the Republicans candidate for Governor thinks that he (they, whomever) can "reform" PERS and take some of that money and extend the school year to 180 days and help out school funding.

That statement alone proves that he has no fing clue about how serious the PERS problem is and just reinforces what an idiot RINO he is. We are so screwed no matter if Korrupt Kate or Nutless Knute get elected.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top