JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since when was the church allowed to interfere with the state!
:mad:
You mean like the Mormon church holding over a billion dollars in pharmaceutical stock so they are campaigning heavily to shoot down marijuana laws?

It almost always comes down to Money wants more Money. Like these chief petitioners having homes that are worth more than most of their church-goers would be able to afford.

The misleading verbiage will have every soccer mom left of Lake Oswego believing they are putting an end to those dirty weapons of war while they are driving their 5000 pound SUVs half lit with wine while picking up the kids.

We've been tolerant long enough. I've run out of patience and am getting tired of the constant attack on my right to protect myself, my family and my property. I'm also getting tired of the lawmakers not bringing forth any solutions to make schools and other soft targets safer. Even if IP43 becomes law there will still be firearms in the hands of people who intend to do harm and still the same gun free zone no protection BS for schools. My job from time to time takes me to schools that are in rural settings with any sort of response from law enforcement being several minutes away at best. I walk into these schools carrying a computer bag which could easily contain enough fire power to do significant harm and more times that not I encounter no challenge from anyone. There are times when I walk by open classrooms on my way to find the office, dozens of students exposed to whoever is walking down that hall, that should never happen. What I want the legislature to do is fix that problem and the fix is not IP43 or anything like it.

We've been tolerant long enough. I've run out of patience and am getting tired of the constant attack on my right to protect myself, my family and my property. I'm also getting tired of the lawmakers not bringing forth any solutions to make schools and other soft targets safer. Even if IP43 becomes law there will still be firearms in the hands of people who intend to do harm and still the same gun free zone no protection BS for schools. My job from time to time takes me to schools that are in rural settings with any sort of response from law enforcement being several minutes away at best. I walk into these schools carrying a computer bag which could easily contain enough fire power to do significant harm and more times that not I encounter no challenge from anyone. There are times when I walk by open classrooms on my way to find the office, dozens of students exposed to whoever is walking down that hall, that should never happen. What I want the legislature to do is fix that problem and the fix is not IP43 or anything like it.
Until our side gets off their collective duffs and stops believing the Second Amendment will be upheld in any court, until we get ourselves organized and vocal. Until we apply so much pressure to our legislature they feel the heat, not a dang thing will be done to protect our schools, but everything will be done to disarm the populace...

It's going to be a long, hot summer...

Last Edited:
Per the AG: "...Unfortunately, an accurate definition of that term is impossible to convey in the allotted fifteen words, particularly since it is not the only subject matter that needs to be conveyed. "

She admits that the title is not accurate, and that the ballot measure does not meet the one-subject rule. Looks to me as if she committed a crime by certifying a ballot title with full knowledge that it did not meet state law.

I do hope that more than one group has filed an appeal of the ballot title.

The misleading verbiage will have every soccer mom left of Lake Oswego believing they are putting an end to those dirty weapons of war while they are driving their 5000 pound SUVs half lit with wine while picking up the kids.

Do xanax bars pair better with whites or reds?

Don't we already have like 6 threads on this exact same topic?? It's getting confusing keeping track of them all.

The State Supreme Court is not "considering the measure" as the article stated. This is ONLY a review of the challenges to the ballot title. And yes, it sounds like the court is moving this one up on the docket to help give the signature gatherers the maximum time to collect signatures. The only thing the court can weigh is whether or not the ballot title is in violation of the law. They will not be considering anything of substance in the measure itself.

Today was the deadline for any challenges to the ballot title. We should hear soon what the court does with their decision. There are some other deadlines that have to come and go and it sounds like the signature gatherers could begin collecting signatures as soon as June 22nd, with the deadline to submit their signatures of July 6th. Doesn't leave them much time to gather an estimated 120,000 to 130,000 signatures (in order to get enough valid signature to meet the 88,000 total required), but they certainly will have enough folks to make a push for that to happen.

NRA's email regarding the challenge:

The National Rifle Association today announced the filing of a joint legal challenge with the Oregon Hunters Association to contest the state of Oregon's Initiative Petition 43, which seeks to ban commonly owned semi-automatic firearms and standard-capacity magazines.

"Banning the most popular style of semi-automatic firearms and standard capacity magazines is a violation of the Second Amendment," said Chris Cox, executive director of NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. "Misleading voters into believing that these type of bans will have any effect on violent criminals is reckless and dangerous. Proposals like these give criminals the upper hand against law-abiding gun owners."

If passed, Initiative Petition 43 would ban semi-automatic firearms including rifles, pistols and shotguns, based only on their cosmetic features. It would also ban standard-capacity magazines and semi-automatic firearms with a fixed magazine holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Anyone in legal possession of these firearms or magazines would be required to sell, surrender, register, or remove them from the state.

"Measure 43 is the most serious assault we've ever had on our right to hunt or defend ourselves with the firearm of choice," according to Paul Donheffner, legislative chairman for the Oregon Hunters Association. "This measure would prohibit the use of most semi-automatic guns on all public lands in Oregon. This is a major impact on hunting, target shooting or carrying a gun for self-defense while being on public lands."

The initiative must receive 88,184 valid signatures by July 6 in order to appear on the November ballot.

OK--I've seen a couple of places here that imply that the Oregon Supreme Court will bump this thing up to the front of the queue. From the church news conference:

"State law says the court's review "shall be conducted expeditiously" so the signatures can be collected."

Someone want to cite the ORS they are referencing?? ORS 135.748 affirms the right to a speedy trial--but that's
probably not the correct cite.

In any case--in spite of what they WANT--I doubt that "expeditiously" means what they think it means. Probably means
it gets put at the tail of the line, advances along with everything else, and doesn't get unnecessarily delayed.

Supreme Court Calendar is pretty full for June, and I doubt any of those cases would appreciate being "bumped".
All references I've found is that the best anybody can hope for with the Oregon Supreme Court is that your issue
may be heard "within one to two months"

Last Edited:
OK--I've seen a couple of places here that imply that the Oregon Supreme Court will bump this thing up to the front of the queue. From the church news conference:

"State law says the court's review "shall be conducted expeditiously" so the signatures can be collected."

Someone want to cite the ORS they are referencing?? ORS 135.748 affirms the right to a speedy trial--but that's
probably not the correct cite.

In any case--in spite of what they WANT--I doubt that "expeditiously" means what they think it means. Probably means
it gets put at the tail of the line, advances along with everything else, and doesn't get unnecessarily delayed.

Supreme Court Calendar is pretty full for June, and I doubt any of those cases would appreciate being "bumped".
All references I've found is that the best anybody can hope for with the Oregon Supreme Court is that your issue
may be heard "within one to two months"

I'll bet this gets an immediate hearing. Lib judges aren't likely to let down any liberal agendas... I dont trust em as far as i could throw one.:mad:

Last Edited:
You're not wrong; I don't place any faith in the Oregon Supreme Court but the battle must be joined wherever reasonably possible.

You bet it does, I have been on a "Get out and vote" campaign contacting local hunters & gun owners in my area to get them off their duffs so they can cast a ballot to fight Californian lawmakers in Olympia.
These days will grow darker if we do not take the bull by the horns & get busy turning lib voters, a hard task but one that is important right now.

Last Edited:
Native Oregonians- don't let what happened in California happen in Oregon! Fight for your 2nd Amendment rights! Don't let those ex-Californian and Washington liberals take away your right to choose whatever firearms you want, shoot in different designated areas, dictate how many rounds you can load into your rifles or what size magazine to use. You only have to look at the mess going on in Californian to see a nightmare future IF YOU FAIL TO ACT.

I too have a vested interest in what happens with 2nd Amendment rights in Oregon- my family lives in Oregon, and my wife has finally agreed to make the move up to Oregon. It will happen in 2019-2020, but obviously if the liberals win up there that will affect our plans to move. I enjoy recreational shooting with semi-auto sport rifles too much to have to deal with the same nonsense here in CA if it spreads to OR. I sincerely hope you can convince your families and friends to fight IP 43- and I will pray too that God will protect good people in the Pacific Northwest and their right to defend themselves according to the Second Amendment and the Constitution.

Geno

Here's an idea, why don't 51% of Oregonians get together and vote to imprison and take the assets of the other 49% of Oregonians? I mean, our country was founded on mob rule and the majority wins right? Damn the constitution and people's rights! It's not like we're a Republic or anything!

Idiots.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads