JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm honestly more worried about this lead ban, than the steel core...this is getting ridiculous, we need to stand up

You younger people who are non-political or have been blindly voting the way your Professors, parents, girlfriends, peers or mentors have been telling you to vote should ask yourself...............
Who exactly have I been voting for and what is the real reason they've been pushing me to vote for them??

It's all out there if you care to look. Many of these politicians openly admit they want to take away your ability to possess and use certain firearms as well as a host of other freedoms.

They cite public safety, children, social justice and the environment as their excuse but the stats don't pan out so they lie.

Whatever they are scaring you with or promising you, just do a little critical thinking and research.

Yeah, they are going after lead ammo and scheming to ban as many types of ammo as they can.

Just remember though.

This isn't just about banning firearms and ammunition is it?

Letters to the editor. Published today, 3/1/15.

Interesting read.

tkdguy

Oregon Live is part of the Commie fish wrapper. A full out extreme leftist paper that is so biased they
should be under a hammer and sickle flag with Putin as their CEO..

My comments there:

"Center for Biological Diversity" is all I need to know. Any lie that sounds consistent with the fantasy world in which these people live is permissible to them. The fact is that lead pellets in the environment are not a form of organic lead and are therefor pretty much inert and innocuous. The only places large concentrations of lead shot are likely to accumulate are wet lands where waterfowl are hunted or target ranges. Target ranges reclaim and recycle the lead pellets that accumulate. Where waterfowl are hunted federal regulations already dictate the use of biodegradable steel shot.

In counties in California where lead ammunition was banned for the sake of the California condor lead levels in the bloodstreams of condors has actually risen, indicating that lead bullets used by hunters are not the cause of lead in the bloodstreams of condors.

And finally, generations of people have eaten game shot with lead bullets and shot without ill effects. This is not organic lead like tetraethyl lead, or lead pigment in paints, which have already been removed from our environment by law. This is simply another plug to further the push for banning lead bullets and shot in Oregon, which has been led by Metro and the Oregon zoo in conjunction with the condor preservation forces from California. It's all based on fantasy rather than science. Notice that the author of this piece doesn't cite any of her sources. Even if she did, any favorable results are produced by "science for hire", rather than impartial inquiry.

Ban lead in bullets. If replaced by solid metal bullets, they can be banned as "armor piercing" by BATF if any pistol is chambered for that cartridge.

Pretty clever, eh? :rolleyes:

Like I said in a previous post they say invest in good and silver. I'm investing In lead the way things are going.

Maybe they are afraid of lead poisoning

You younger people who are non-political or have been blindly voting the way your Professors, parents, girlfriends, peers or mentors have been telling you to vote should ask yourself...............
Who exactly have I been voting for and what is the real reason they've been pushing me to vote for them??

It's all out there if you care to look. Many of these politicians openly admit they want to take away your ability to possess and use certain firearms as well as a host of other freedoms.

They cite public safety, children, social justice and the environment as their excuse but the stats don't pan out so they lie.

Whatever they are scaring you with or promising you, just do a little critical thinking and research.

Yeah, they are going after lead ammo and scheming to ban as many types of ammo as they can.

Just remember though.

This isn't just about banning firearms and ammunition is it?

I may steal part of this and use in in a comment.

Ok, first a disclaimer: I'm not trying to change the subject to a non-gun issue, or seeking comment on this issue. Rather I link this article as an example of an issue that was considered a slam-dunk for the majority party, the same one that want background checks and favor lead-ammo bans, but is in trouble because of the preassure/voices in some of the districts that the majority represents. It's a bit of sun-shine to illustrate it is possible to fight and win against overwhelming odds!

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...an-fuels_standoff_supporter.html#incart_river

Ok, first a disclaimer: I'm not trying to change the subject to a non-gun issue, or seeking comment on this issue. Rather I link this article as an example of an issue that was considered a slam-dunk for the majority party, the same one that want background checks and favor lead-ammo bans, but is in trouble because of the preassure/voices in some of the districts that the majority represents. It's a bit of sun-shine to illustrate it is possible to fight and win against overwhelming odds!

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...an-fuels_standoff_supporter.html#incart_river
The good thing about this story is as you say, the Dem agenda isn't a done deal yet. If the comments section of this article are any indication, the people are against it because of it's Hayes connection and it's price at the pump punishment for everyone who can't afford a Prius.

The bad part of this story is strict new regs on ammo guns etc. won't be a burden to everyone like the clean fuels tax BS.
Even low information, pro 2nd A supporters who hardly shoot/hunt might be for this if they believe the lies about Condors and the environment.

I'd like to add that if there is ANYTHING on their agenda that you are even remotely against, please write them about it NOW!
Sudden in party bickering on the Fuels tax, Social Justice immigration issue or some new tax hike that should be a slam dunk with their majority will maybe throw them off balance on Gun Issues!

Keep the pressure on, make them waste all the time and energy on other stuff. It might make them re-think
guns and how their vote will effect their re-election.

Breaking News!
"Oregon House narrowly passes clean-fuels bill, now headed to Kate Brown's desk"
Time to buy a Prius I guess.:mad:

Next on the plate, Gun Restrictions!

If the Corrupt Clean Fuels Bill passed, what chance do we lowly outnumbered gun rights people have??

Breaking News!
"Oregon House narrowly passes clean-fuels bill, now headed to Kate Brown's desk"
Time to buy a Prius I guess.:mad:

Next on the plate, Gun Restrictions!

If the Corrupt Clean Fuels Bill passed, what chance do we lowly outnumbered gun rights people have??

Obviously not a very smart group of folks in the legislature. Maybe we can get a new governor next time around. Pray.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top