Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

OregonLive.com: "Guns and Ammo: banning lead bullets won't hurt hunters or business".

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by tkdguy, Mar 1, 2015.

1. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Letters to the editor. Published today, 3/1/15.

Interesting read.

tkdguy

2. CryWolf

CryWolf PDX Member

I'm honestly more worried about this lead ban, than the steel core...this is getting ridiculous, we need to stand up

OLDNEWBIE likes this.
  3. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

The low-info hoplophobes are filling up the comments,,,, :rolleyes:

4. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

You younger people who are non-political or have been blindly voting the way your Professors, parents, girlfriends, peers or mentors have been telling you to vote should ask yourself...............
    Who exactly have I been voting for and what is the real reason they've been pushing me to vote for them??

It's all out there if you care to look. Many of these politicians openly admit they want to take away your ability to possess and use certain firearms as well as a host of other freedoms.

They cite public safety, children, social justice and the environment as their excuse but the stats don't pan out so they lie.

Whatever they are scaring you with or promising you, just do a little critical thinking and research.

Yeah, they are going after lead ammo and scheming to ban as many types of ammo as they can.

Just remember though.

This isn't just about banning firearms and ammunition is it?

5. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

Ugh. Danm you Chris Rock...

6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Oregon Live is part of the Commie fish wrapper. A full out extreme leftist paper that is so biased they
    should be under a hammer and sickle flag with Putin as their CEO..

7. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

My comments there:

Diehard, RB87, U201491 and 5 others like this.
  8. Provincial

Provincial Near Salem, OR Well-Known Member

Ban lead in bullets. If replaced by solid metal bullets, they can be banned as "armor piercing" by BATF if any pistol is chambered for that cartridge.

Pretty clever, eh? :rolleyes:

9. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

Like I said in a previous post they say invest in good and silver. I'm investing In lead the way things are going.

Maybe they are afraid of lead poisoning

10. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

I may steal part of this and use in in a comment.

Caveman Jim, 3MTA3 and BoonDocks36 like this.
  11. OLDNEWBIE

Be my guest^^;)

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  12. americanredoubt

americanredoubt Jackson County, Oregon The American Redoubt in Oregon

Well said ZZZ. Thank you for eloquently commenting on OregonLive's propaganda site.

13. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

Science for hire!? Surely you exaggerate sir! How dare you impugn the good name of the priesthood er scientody elite. They're experts! Just ask Oregon's illustrious Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward.

Caveman Jim and BoonDocks36 like this.
  14. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

Ok, first a disclaimer: I'm not trying to change the subject to a non-gun issue, or seeking comment on this issue. Rather I link this article as an example of an issue that was considered a slam-dunk for the majority party, the same one that want background checks and favor lead-ammo bans, but is in trouble because of the preassure/voices in some of the districts that the majority represents. It's a bit of sun-shine to illustrate it is possible to fight and win against overwhelming odds!

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...an-fuels_standoff_supporter.html#incart_river

OLDNEWBIE likes this.
  15. OLDNEWBIE

The good thing about this story is as you say, the Dem agenda isn't a done deal yet. If the comments section of this article are any indication, the people are against it because of it's Hayes connection and it's price at the pump punishment for everyone who can't afford a Prius.

The bad part of this story is strict new regs on ammo guns etc. won't be a burden to everyone like the clean fuels tax BS.
    Even low information, pro 2nd A supporters who hardly shoot/hunt might be for this if they believe the lies about Condors and the environment.

16. OLDNEWBIE

I'd like to add that if there is ANYTHING on their agenda that you are even remotely against, please write them about it NOW!
    Sudden in party bickering on the Fuels tax, Social Justice immigration issue or some new tax hike that should be a slam dunk with their majority will maybe throw them off balance on Gun Issues!

Keep the pressure on, make them waste all the time and energy on other stuff. It might make them re-think
    guns and how their vote will effect their re-election.

17. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

18. OLDNEWBIE

Breaking News!
    "Oregon House narrowly passes clean-fuels bill, now headed to Kate Brown's desk"
    Time to buy a Prius I guess.:mad:

Next on the plate, Gun Restrictions!

If the Corrupt Clean Fuels Bill passed, what chance do we lowly outnumbered gun rights people have??

19. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Obviously not a very smart group of folks in the legislature. Maybe we can get a new governor next time around. Pray.

20. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Yeah, right...