JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who reads the fish wrapper........Its all political and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon..........Of course, Oregon is a Obama state and Prius drivers. Of course when I was at gun shop I did see a Prius driver park, and go into teh shop and he even bought a gun( he didnt know squat) but he bought one. Maybe its a start.....He is coming to the other side..

Last Edited:
Unanticipated consequences, these people are putting peoples lives at risk. These idiots should be put in prison for Reckless Endangerment, and the papers that do this should be sued out of existence.

Inmates using newspaper's gun owner map to threaten guards, sheriff says | Fox News

FYI: Unlike other states, in NY, if you are in LE or corrections, you cannot carry, or own any pistol, (execpt you issued duty pistol, while on duty) unless you have a PL 400.00(2) permit just like everyone else...this includes just having a pistol in your own house.

So, just think about this: You are a LEO that has arrested an extremely violent felon, the felon gets sent off to prison and blames you for it...do you really want him to know where you live, how many personal guns you own, and what they are?

Oh, also: There are probably many more permits in NYS than in OR or WA...Why? You have to have a permit just to own a pistol (premisis permit), you can upgrade that to carry to the range permit (as well as at home) or, if the county you live in permits it, you can maybe get a full carry premit. This list includes all the above.

It is against the law in oregon. I do not see this changeing. The Oregonian is anti-gun as it comes. Anyone know who owns the Oregonian and the Hillsboro argus newspapers?

Who reads the fish wrapper........Its all political and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon..........Of course, Oregon is a Obama state and Prius drivers. Of course when I was at gun shop I did see a Prius driver park, and go into teh shop and he even bought a gun( he didnt know squat) but he bought one. Maybe its a start.....He is coming to the other side..

I wish I had a Prius. It would help to balance out the mileage of my 4X4. :)

I have a Prius and a few guns. I like to think of it as urban camouflage as it keeps my uber-liberal neighbors thinking I share their visions of social utopia.

The only give away is that it is the only Prius in the neighborhood without an Obama sticker, "equality" sticker or both...

I wish I had a Prius. It would help to balance out the mileage of my 4X4. :)

I have a Prius and a few guns. I like to think of it as urban camouflage as it keeps my uber-liberal neighbors thinking I share their visions of social utopia.

The only give away is that it is the only Prius in the neighborhood without an Obama sticker, "equality" sticker or both...

Oh, that's your Prius? Wondered who had the seemingly only other one in town i've seen without at least one of those stickers! :D

And the Oregonian: I would expect no less than them to try to jump on any bandwagon, saying "WE'RE A REAL NEWSPAPER, LOOK AT US!"
Bunch of jackasses if they got as far as actually publishing CHL data... which is not public record, decided upon by public vote.

If you can't trust the S O then why are they on the government payroll. that is just taxpayer money waste almost as bad as the waste the Oregonian makes with their rag.

One great use for The Oregonian's print version: Lining the city compost bins.
Seriously, it works better than those expensive compostable bags and bin liners.
They have handy single use dispensing machines all over town. For just a couple coins one could have enough compost liners for an entire month. It may seem slightly inconvenient carrying a dozen or so papers home, but it really keeps the compost bin clean and fresh. All of us know in Portland how disgusting those bins can become in the summer.

As a note, I in no way promote theft nor illicit activity upon the owners of said news paper dispensing machines. If the paper is going to proceed in further producing nothing but trash, that should be the paper's use then.

I vote we get all the names and info of the people who printed this and the head of the news papers. Print out their names, addresses, cars, etc and start handing them out to the less desirables in portland. Get other news organizations to cover it. Just paper the city with their info and see how they like it. I'll volunteer.

I don't want my info in the hands of criminals, let alone hippy anti gun nuts.

If anyone has the names, addresses, personal info to those who work for the paper please PM it to me.

If we start emailing the paper with their personal info telling them if they release our personal info we'll release theirs maybe they will think twice.

I found all of Oregonian contributor Erik Lukens "public information", including who he lives with, when he bought his house, how much he paid for his house, who is on the mortgage with him, how much his mortgage is, who holds his mortgage, how much the property taxes are, a complete description of his home, and was thinking I could post it....but, then I thought that may be a bad idea. I do not want to be responsible if anything were to happen to him.

If the editors of the rag in NY could get armed security, I'm sure he could find some in Lake O.

I personally own around 12 weapons. 10 are registered. One home pistol and one ar15 is stashed away hidden. I feel like they are trying to paint legal gun owners like sexual assaulters. Putting us on an Angie's list of sorts. It really will just show those who are armed. Giving perps a map of places to hit and rob. Those who are not armed. I feel it is an infringement of my privacy. Heck they will know I have guns, and 3 cars what my cars are worth everything... Soon my success will be able to be viewed and stolen by anyone is how I see it.

I blasted that guy several times on the site with facts. He has yet to respond to one of my posts, however "Libby" seems to be up in arms saying we are paranoid. Which i find ironic considering the article wants the records released so they can ensure the sheriffs in Oregon can "be trusted." While it probably will do nothing, I wrote a 2 page letter to the Oregonian about it's "Editorial Board" using it's name to post unfounded wild accusations about elected officials to further a personal agenda of hatred and bigotry. Maybe I'll get lucky and that jackass will get fired.

"Thousands of law abiding citizen's privacy would have to be violated in order for a Newspaper to decide whether an appointed elected official was properly doing their job. It's a good thing we have the Erik Lukens here, with all his experience as a Law Enforcement Officer, politician, judge, and constitutional lawer, to tell a Oregon Sheriff how to read a set of laws and regulations given to him by the State legislature."

I think that pretty much sums up the article.

I personally own around 12 weapons. 10 are registered. One home pistol and one ar15 is stashed away hidden. I feel like they are trying to paint legal gun owners like sexual assaulters. Putting us on an Angie's list of sorts. It really will just show those who are armed. Giving perps a map of places to hit and rob. Those who are not armed. I feel it is an infringement of my privacy. Heck they will know I have guns, and 3 cars what my cars are worth everything... Soon my success will be able to be viewed and stolen by anyone is how I see it.

Sorry, there is no "gun registration" in OR. Are you trying to say you have a CHL?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top