Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregonian Wants To Do NYT Style Map?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by MichaelStrick9, Jan 6, 2013.

1. MichaelStrick9

MichaelStrick9 Portland Member

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

By "The Oregonian Editorial Board". Yep, nice touch.

Keith

novamind and (deleted member) like this.
  3. tank3d

tank3d Eugene Member

I found all of Oregonian contributor Erik Lukens "public information", including who he lives with, when he bought his house, how much he paid for his house, who is on the mortgage with him, how much his mortgage is, who holds his mortgage, how much the property taxes are, a complete description of his home, and was thinking I could post it....but, then I thought that may be a bad idea. I do not want to be responsible if anything were to happen to him.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Somebody should post Erik Lukens' (the author of that hit-piece) personal address, phone number, and family info out for every douche to see... it's public info, Just sayin'

Capn Jack and (deleted member) like this.
  5. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

Go ahead and post it nothing happen to the people in NY after there address were posted here.

6. pokerace

Go ahead and post it nothing happen to the people in NY after there address were posted here.

7. tank3d

tank3d Eugene Member

I imagine he would hire an armed security guard if everyone knew where he lived. :laugh:

8. pokerace

Yep make him spend money...

Capn Jack, mjbskwim, mac9990 and 3 others like this.
  9. Nanavic97

Nanavic97 Oregon, United States Member

I wonder how many more chls there are compared to NY. I'm guessing a lot more. I myself would prefer my name not in the newspaper.

10. 360shooter

360shooter Portland Member

This article was published one day after an article about every "homicide" in the City of Portland. Note the word homicide was used instead of "Murder" so the Oregonian could list several "homicides" by Portland Police. I did not see one mention of a concealed handgun licensee being involved in any of the "homicides."

While I have a CHL and adequate means of protecting myself and my family, I would be most upset by this if I did not have means of defending myself and my family. Someone intent on doing harm and/or entering a home would need to do nothing more than look at interactive map to see which homes have firearms and which homes do not. This would make it easy to pick and choose which homes to burglarize by reducing the risk of a confrontation with a gun owner (although not all gun owners have a CHL.)

11. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

As some firearms are clearly worth as much as an ounce of gold, how about we published the names and addresses of everyone who has purchased any gold. We can color code the map so that the addresses of people who have bought multiple ounces, say 10 or more: are colored red, less than 10 oz orange, only 1 oz green. It will be job security for the police and will keep the tweakers and regular thieves busy for years breaking into everyone's houses going for the gold and guns.

ps, I'm joking. I would not support publishing that, CHL addresses or even the names and addresses of the Editorial boards, as douchy as they would be for doing the same, either. Wrong is wrong.

Edit:
    I find it interesting that the author of the piece repeats twice lower in the comments section that he and the Oregonian does NOT want to see the names and addresses of CHL holders published. It appears, from reading the comments, that he only wants the law shielding the info and allowing the Sherrifs office to evade "public oversight" repealed. Seems to think they are different things.

Article:
    Comments:

12. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Be interesting to know if he owns a firearm, or has a CCP.:huh:

Also interesting is his reasoning for publishing the information, "The local and state government can't be trusted in the issuing".:paranoid:

It hasn't gotten through to him yet that one of the basic reasons for owning a firearm, aside from personal protection, is distrust of government.:rollingeyes:

Jack...:cool:

novamind, Warface, Letric and 5 others like this.
  13. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I was going to ask what the point is but obviously no need.

14. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Yamhill County Well-Known Member

+1

15. 360shooter

360shooter Portland Member

This article was published one day after an article about every "homicide" in the City of Portland. Note the word homicide was used instead of "Murder" so the Oregonian could list several "homicides" by Portland Police. I did not see one mention of a concealed handgun licensee being involved in any of the "homicides."

While I have a CHL and adequate means of protecting myself and my family, I would be most upset by this if I did not have means of defending myself and my family. Someone intent on doing harm and/or entering a home would need to do nothing more than look at interactive map to see which homes have firearms and which homes do not. This would make it easy to pick and choose which homes to burglarize by reducing the risk of a confrontation with a gun owner (although not all gun owners have a CHL.)

16. Just Me

Just Me Peoples Republik of Oregon Active Member

"How is the public to know that county sheriffs are issuing licenses only to the people who should get them? Current law says, in effect, "trust us," which is an answer no taxpayer should accept from a government agency barring a compelling reason.."

We can't trust the Sheriff's office? So who is going to take the time and money to conduct background checks on CHL holders and applicants? The oregonian? Because we can trust them? I call BS. This is purely about outing CHL holders as though they are criminals.

"Ensuring privacy for license holders is not a compelling reason."

According to whom? Oh, the source of all that is right and good, the oregonian editorial board. BS again.

These pukes should just come out and admit that they want CHL holder info so they can put their names and addresses out there to be victimized or cause self-defense shootings for the filthy rag oregonian to twist for their own agenda.

F'ing commies.

17. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

No, just you are wrong. IF the WhOregonian publishes CHL holders info, then whats good for the goose is good for the gander. PUBLISH the names of the asses at the paper. The time of 'being better than the other guy' is OVER. Look where it has gotten us? A progressive dictator getting re-elected in a down economy he oversaw in office, demons like Diane Feinstein and Maria Cantwell in office, and the all out assault on our basic freedoms---Religious (attacking religious concience with birth control requirements of churches that abhor it)....4th amendment (gun rights issues) 2nd amendment (gun bans), private property rights (unelected EPA rules and officials)........the list goes ON. People elected to office that had mass marketing on par with the biggest shoe or soda company, and mobilization of IDIOTS like the obamaphone ghetto woman in Cleveland............and having GOP weaklings that would NEVER stand up and FIGHT and point out the scathing list of offenses of people in power, like Romney hardly pressing Obama in the debates about the Benghazi murders and letting him LIE about it. NO. The time for entrusting the future of our nation to nice guys is over. Its time to go to WAR. At first in the public forums and news, and if it gets worse, the unthinkable. We are up against the worst of humanity that are convinced they are the elite and know whats best. These are the kind of people, educated in the progressive way of thought in the university system, that are employed in print and tv news media. They are the propagandists. They are the dictator's boot-lickers, and they need to be PUNISHED.
    its time to fight fire with fire. NAME THEM. SHAME THEM. And tell everyone WHERE THEY LIVE. The time is NOW.

18. BarbusBadarse

BarbusBadarse tanasbourne Active Member

they can eat a d i c k

jb11, mac9990, Sirmohawk and 5 others like this.
  19. Vantage

Vantage Pacific Standard Time Active Member

Let em do it...

It only works in our favor.

From Foxnews

"Having a list of who has a gun is like gold - why rob that house when you can hit the one next door, where there are no guns?”
    - Walter T. Shaw, former burglar and jewel thief

I can't find the article now, but I read another one where previous Non-Gun Owners are now trying to get guns because they feel vulnerable.

So more gun owners is another win.

In oregon it wouldn't much matter. Because we can own guns without a permit. We just need permits to carry. So, just because that blue house isn't on the list doesn't mean there isn't a armed homeowner in there.

And who knows... maybe this will lead to a change in policy where we don't need a permit to carry. Just like South Dakota, Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming. And the 12 other states that are considering it as well.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  20. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Oregon is an open carry state. Except for a few cities usually considered uninhabitable by anyone with an i.q. over 80, you don't need a permit to carry.

Redcap, Just Me, iusmc2002 and 5 others like this.