JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/ammunition_hard_to_find_as_gun.html

Actually not a bad article coming from the Oregonian...

The article comments on the other hand... wow... :(:(

I can't tell if this guy is serious or not:
Yes, everybody is foolish.

Overprepared. Undereducated. Rubes.

Obama likes guns, ammo and the 2nd amendment. He would never take away any rights the people have, unlike that previous president. I trust Obama.

Let's cut to the chase here and stop being politically correct. The rednecks out there think it is the end of the world because a "black man" is President. They've panicked, and they are buying-up ammo left-and-right creating a shortage. It has nothing to do about a concern of the government cracking-down on gun sales. This has to do with a seizable percentage of ignorant racists out there. I'm not saying gun owners are racist. I am saying that the shortage has been created because of racist idiots.

People start buying out shelves of ammo and then the next person comes in to buy ammo and it's empty. Next time they see ammo they buy it all out. Repeat.

I've heard people seriously say that Obama was going to ban all guns but when asked for evidence they have nothing.

Seems to me the article is a little late... I think every other news outlet on Earth has already ran it. A couple of months ago would have been a little more timely. I don't know when they took that picture at Fisherman's marine, but when I was there last week they had 2 cases of 9mm, some .357, and a little bit of some of the others while the article seemed to imply that there was no 9mm anywhere. People are recently getting primers and powder certainly the drought isn't over, but production and availability certainly seems to be improving.

Now the .22 shortage I really don't understand, are the sage rats, marmots, rock chucks and squirrels planning an invasion? Those sneaky little buggers, I wouldn't put it past them.

Eddie

Now the .22 shortage I really don't understand, are the sage rats, marmots, rock chucks and squirrels planning an invasion? Those sneaky little buggers, I wouldn't put it past them.

I think the .22 shortage is from the ammo companies putting most of their resources towards the larger calibers and military calibers... now that production is catching up on those, they might start producing more .22...

Now that would be a fun movie --- varmints invading :) Might be better than 90% of what Hollywood produces ;)

Wow - and I had thought we were making progress on the Second Amendment among our left leaning bretheren until reading that...

My take: <broken link removed>

disgusting. He calls people racists one of the worst words in our language and yet has no proof. Should I then call all people who do not own a gun liberal morons? No! I shouldn't. In fact I buy lots of ammo have many guns and I'm fairly liberal. I'm even an atheist (please no debates on that), I am far from racist, but I do hold my constitutional rights at a high standard. Lets make one thing clear. The Democrats have a history of censorship (via Tipper Gore VS Frank Zappa), they have a history of strict gun laws (I'm sure you know), and it is not racist to hedge a bet and make a point to these guys not to change the constitution, because the minute you start making changes whats next? Everything is on the table at that point. Concerned citizens exercising their right to arms or racists? I ask you.

I've heard people seriously say that Obama was going to ban all guns but when asked for evidence they have nothing.

Seriously!?!

I sincerely hope this is intended as sarcasm... here's a report from waaay back on March 13th:

Obama’s Gun Ban List Is Out

Alan Korwin
Infowars
March 13, 2009

Here it is, folks, and it is bad news. The framework for legislation is always laid, and the Democrats have the votes to pass anything they want to impose upon us. They really do not believe you need anything more than a brick to defend your home and family. Look at the list and see how many you own. Remember, it is registration, then confiscation. It has happened in the UK, in Australia, in Europe, in China, and what they have found is that for some reason the criminals do not turn in their weapons, but will know that you did.

Remember, the first step in establishing a dictatorship is to disarm the citizens.

Gun-ban list proposed. Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady’s plan to introduce shortly. I have an outline of the Brady’s current plans and targets of opportunity. It’s horrific. They’re going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They’ve made little mention of criminals. Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states’ rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment. The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine,
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG-1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).
Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi.
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,
Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see
below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).
A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a
detachable magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10
rounds.
A semiautomatic shotgun with:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity
of more than 5 rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.
Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will: Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any “semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.”

Not to turn the discussion around. Just a statement. Whatever happened to individual rights? you know the constitution. Not that I want to get into a debate here, but my purchase of a gun should be between me, my friends I shoot with, and the dealer. That's it. I say that, however, for anyone's personal choice whether it be drug use or sex. It is your choice, and as long as you don't go driving under the influence or harming someone else, you by all standards of the constitution have the right to be left alone.

Not to turn the discussion around. Just a statement. Whatever happened to individual rights? you know the constitution. Not that I want to get into a debate here, but my purchase of a gun should be between me, my friends I shoot with, and the dealer. That's it. I say that, however, for anyone's personal choice whether it be drug use or sex. It is your choice, and as long as you don't go driving under the influence or harming someone else, you by all standards of the constitution have the right to be left alone.

:s0025::s0155:

Well, it seems there will always be some folk determined to determine what someone else shall/shan't do. But the original framers of our founding document seemed to realise this could be dangerous, and so set limits on what aspects of our corporate and individual rights, as given by our Creator (and thus unable to be denied us), the government might dictate to us, corporately and individually.

It was on this basis they determined the RIGHT (as already given, and rightfully ours) of THE PEOPLE (referring to individual residents of this land, not even restricting the category to "citizens") to possess and use lethal force, specifically "arms" (which include things that go bang, the things that fly out of them, things that cut, things that stab or otherwise poke holes in) shall NOT be infringed, or limited/restricted in any way.

Seems to me we've already got some pretty serious restrictions written into law, and pretty well universally accepted by the population. Early small steps, say some. More, and longer steps sure to follow, say others.

Personally, I believe the right already ours is sufficiently important as to require present action before the early steps to restriction lead to further, and more significant ones.

Oh, so you think I've got a weapon? Which one? What kind? What caliber? Where is it? On what basis? Oh, that one? Why, I sold it in a face to face sale last year...... kept the paper for a while, but nothing ever came of it, and so I tossed it into the woodstove...... can't recall the new owner's name........ oh, wait, its coming back to me.... his name was John. Yes, it was.... John Smith, I believe, yes that's it....... can't remember his address, though.

Oh, so you think I've got a weapon? Which one? What kind? What caliber? Where is it? On what basis? Oh, that one? Why, I sold it in a face to face sale last year...... kept the paper for a while, but nothing ever came of it, and so I tossed it into the woodstove...... can't recall the new owner's name........ oh, wait, its coming back to me.... his name was John. Yes, it was.... John Smith, I believe, yes that's it....... can't remember his address, though.

You know, I think I may have sold one or two to that gentleman myself. Probably not the only one here to do that too. That guy must have quite the collection. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top