JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one problem I notice is the repeated use of the term "assault weapon". That is an incorrect description and it is the wrong way to frame the debate.

Totally agree, but even to 'gun guys', the distinction between an "assault weapon" and something like a Colt 6920 that you can buy at Walmart is somewhat subtle. I wish it weren't, and it sure as hell gets my ire when I hear gun guys (i.e., people who should know better), call anything that's semi-auto and has a detachable mag an "assault weapon". Bugs me about as much as the 'clip' vs 'magazine' thing.

BTW, The article talked about Ken Purvis. I've bought a couple good WWII firearms from him. He's a good guy; definitely knows that period well, and appreciates the history... Plus, he usually prices things very fairly.

-Thirtycal

There was something weird about this gun show... what happened to all the AKs? Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but after walking the entire show I counted 5-6 AKs total. And Keltecs? The usual compact 380s and 9mms were missing.

Supply and demand? Or are people really hoarding AKs since Obama's AK comment? :s0114:

For once not a bad article.

Except for this:
Without prompting, Percival and others at the show expounded on the virtues of the Second Amendment right to bear arms, and, with ready-made slogans, criticized the call for tighter regulation of guns.

"Guns cause violence like forks cause fat people," Percival said.

I added the bold.

Then, there's this:
Oregon's weapon restrictions are on the lenient side of the spectrum. The state does not prohibit the transfer or possession of assault weapons or large capacity ammunition magazines. Nor does it impose a waiting period on firearm purchases or limit the number of firearms that may be purchased at one time, according to the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

But they also printed this;

He said assault rifle enthusiasts are widely misunderstood. While some people buy them for self-defense, he said the guns are more often enjoyed as versatile sport rifles, capable for use in hunting, casual target shooting, and serious competition shooting.

About the most positive statement I've EVER seen the media print about modern auto loading sport rifles. (AKA Assault Rifles)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top