1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Oregonian article about Expo show and gun "climate"

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by nubus, Jul 28, 2012.

1. nubus

nubus Guest

pokerace and (deleted member) like this.
  2. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

3. Sawdust

Sawdust Bull Mountain(Tigard), OR Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

The one problem I notice is the repeated use of the term "assault weapon". That is an incorrect description and it is the wrong way to frame the debate.
    nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  4. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

Totally agree, but even to 'gun guys', the distinction between an "assault weapon" and something like a Colt 6920 that you can buy at Walmart is somewhat subtle. I wish it weren't, and it sure as hell gets my ire when I hear gun guys (i.e., people who should know better), call anything that's semi-auto and has a detachable mag an "assault weapon". Bugs me about as much as the 'clip' vs 'magazine' thing.

BTW, The article talked about Ken Purvis. I've bought a couple good WWII firearms from him. He's a good guy; definitely knows that period well, and appreciates the history... Plus, he usually prices things very fairly.

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Hmmmm.... So I can't assault someone with a snubby .38?
  6. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

There was something weird about this gun show... what happened to all the AKs? Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but after walking the entire show I counted 5-6 AKs total. And Keltecs? The usual compact 380s and 9mms were missing.

Supply and demand? Or are people really hoarding AKs since Obama's AK comment? :laugh:
  7. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I added the bold.

Then, there's this:
  8. nubus

nubus Guest

But they also printed this;

About the most positive statement I've EVER seen the media print about modern auto loading sport rifles. (AKA Assault Rifles)