JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So we live close to the edge of town, this morning the wife noticed a hen turkey with 7 little ones poking around the yard. She just called me all upset that the stupid neighbor across the street had her dogs running loose again and harassing the turkey. Now she only sees two chicks. Is this an ODF issue or police department animal control issue?

Last Edited:
We have, but there is not cure for stupid. One of her dogs almost got run over, twice today. I know that will solve half the problem, but she'll probably just get another dog.

We have, but there is not cure for stupid. One of her dogs almost got run over, twice today. I know that will solve half the problem, but she'll probably just get another dog.
Understand. Got a similar neighbor in the place behind me. She always has monster mean dogs. I talked to her two different times. I think the dogs are a reflection of her personality. They, her dogs running free, have killed many pets in the neighborhood, including two of mine. If I caught them in the act I would end it. Always got a weapon near the door. Finally got Animal Control to do the job.

It's really too bad because it's not the dog's fault. A dog only does what it's owner allows it to do. As much as you may want to take it out on them, it's the owners that need the bubblegum-whoopin. I would simply tell the owners that if the dog's are off their property one more time, you will call animal control. It may start a feud you don't want, but I guess it's up to you whether you think your relationship with your neighbor is more important that the wildlife in the area.

ODFW imported the turkeys. They thought they would be another good game animal to stimulate hunting license sales. :rolleyes:

Now when they have moved into developed neighborhoods and are causing a mess, it isn't their fault. :mad:

No bureaucrat will admit being responsible for a problem, but they all claim credit for a success! :rolleyes:

It's really too bad because it's not the dog's fault. A dog only does what it's owner allows it to do. As much as you may want to take it out on them, it's the owners that need the bubblegum-whoopin. I would simply tell the owners that if the dog's are off their property one more time, you will call animal control. It may start a feud you don't want, but I guess it's up to you whether you think your relationship with your neighbor is more important that the wildlife in the area.
Totally agree

Lot of fawns hitting the ground this week. One of the locals was letting his dog run where a doe had parked her fawn. I yelled up at him and told him, he rounded the dog up and leashed him right up and said thanks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top