JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
do you guys and gals have any recommendations for off-roading locations for "overlanding" style 4x4's?

I'd like to find some new locations to take my vehicle.

I love car camping and getting out to places that only small amounts of people get to see. Bonus points if there's good shooting along the way!

I'm using a Lexus gx470 with 2" lift, sliders, and 33's.

(I'm trying to avoid posting on off-road sites... topics always turn into pissing matches about tire sizes over there)

The attached pictures are from when @joe_link and I went out a while back.

AAF91B99-1281-4B0E-9BAF-9AFC1CCE5185.jpeg

61DDC20F-FFCE-4E4A-B663-AC95D7E2F8B8.jpeg

Last Edited:
Over here many of the backcountry roads are rough enough to be just like offroading. And one should give it a go before the latest USFS Forest Management Travel Plan has another 300,000 miles closed off.

Oregon Back Country Discovery - Oregon Back Country Discovery.

I have done a few of these routes. Very fun! 2013 JK with a little lift, 35's, lockers. Nothing is really too challenging, but the views are spectacular. You can go days without seeing another soul. Used to have a homemade adventure trailer with a roof top tent on it. I could carry a couple of kayaks as well.

There's a trail on the top of the ridge between Brookings and Gold Beach that is nice. Great views! It's just a short hop tho.

Most anyplace in SE OR. Lots of wild country there! Pronghorns too.

I have done a few of these routes. Very fun! 2013 JK with a little lift, 35's, lockers. Nothing is really too challenging, but the views are spectacular. You can go days without seeing another soul. Used to have a homemade adventure trailer with a roof top tent on it. I could carry a couple of kayaks as well.

I love this idea. I've done the full walla walla to lakeview trip on a motorcycle. I definitely want to check it out in a car.

Thanks!

The whole south east corner of Oregon is wide open to explore! Not sure about road access, or any of the limits ( other then the refuges) but it's worth checking into! I fly it all the time, and have never had issue! Raises some eyebrows when you land on the road in a small town and taxi to the gas pumps to get fuel and a snack!

Get the maps and do these trails. Lots of fun!

Another fun adventure is the Southern Oregon Coast! I was amazed at how little of the coast is actually accessible to the public via road, vs some other means! Wife and I love camping around the Coos Bay and Bandon areas, No roads or hiking trails we could find, and not a single soul in sight! We flew in and landed right on the beach and had a most excellent time of it!

Another fun adventure is the Southern Oregon Coast! I was amazed at how little of the coast is actually accessible to the public via road, vs some other means! Wife and I love camping around the Coos Bay and Bandon areas, No roads or hiking trails we could find, and not a single soul in sight! We flew in and landed right on the beach and had a most excellent time of it!

I did a yearly flyin to the Alvord plaja, usually timed to watch the perseids meteor shower for last few years. Kinda want to drive down there sometime. that's also a pretty and desolate place plus ripping across the plaja in a a car, or over it at 100ft agl, never gets old

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top