JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It has been a few years but as I recall, I had to take a seperate class for the UT permit as there was a different training requirement but the AZ permit was just submission of existing paper. Their websites will provide the latest requirements.

Definitely not for Utah, however many places have a combined OR/UT class that is only an extra 30-60 minutes longer.

Since you've got your OR CHL, just find whatever place has the best price on the UT (or AZ) class. It's not like you learn anything in them anyway :)

UD

When I took the Utah class I had already received my Oregon CWP. I sat through the entire Oregon class again, with an additional hour tacked on the end for information specific to Utah.

I figure I will take the Utah since it includes Wash. Arizona won't add enough to make it worth it. I plan on doing some long road trips when I retire and would like to cover my arse.
Thanks for the info

I took a combined Oregon/Utah class last year. First he did the one hour Oregon handgun safety lecture then an extra four or five hours for the Utah requirements. During the brakes the instructor fingerprinted everyone for their Utah applications. At the end of the class he asked if anyone wanted to stay an extra hour for Arizona, but no one did.

Oregon chl is good in Arizona. No need to take any other class or paperwork needed.

Here's the map you want. Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Click on the state from which you have a permit and it will tell you which states honor the permit you are holding. Some states have different laws regarding a non-resident permit, meaning some states will accept a Utah permit,only if you are a Utah resident.

Mike

Oregon permit only covers Oregon. If you get the Utah onecovers most of the country including AZ. If you get the AZ permit you only get AZ and New Mexico.

No, that's not right. Did you click on the link and play with the map? If you have an Oregon permit you are also covered for Idaho AND Utah. The are others I'm sure and if we decide to travel I will play with the interactive map and learn where we are covered, or not.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top