JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Oregon University System today basically said that they don't agree with the the court ruling and that they will not appeal, but will "work on internal processes that are already in place or that we can put in place that will maintain a reasonable and satisfactory level of campuses safety and security." The article goes on to say that Some agreements are in place at some campuses to ban guns from some buildings. But it may take up to a year for the university system's lawyers to put together a comprehensive set of contracts and policies that effectively ban guns from all classrooms, dorms and university buildings, said Di Saunders, spokeswoman for the system. The link to this story is posted below.

Who do these people think they are? They don't like the court ruling so they just ignore it. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. I am so sick of this liberal fear mongering about people that legally carry those "evil" guns. I'm not even sure they can do this, but someone else will have to sue them and waste more taxpayer money to get them to stop violating the rights of the citizens of the state that pay their wages.

Oregon University System will not appeal court decision allowing guns on campus | OregonLive.com

Some agreements are in place at some campuses to ban guns from some buildings. But it may take up to a year for the university system's lawyers to put together a comprehensive set of contracts and policies that effectively ban guns from all classrooms, dorms and university buildings, said Di Saunders, spokeswoman for the system.

Agreements with whom?

Contracts and policies that ban guns cannot be enforced if they violate state law, the state Constitution, and the US Constitution.

For example: The Oregon State University system can't make contracts, agreements, and policies that ban women -- so how can they ban guns?

So even the supposedly educated people can't figure out that a person who will do harm to others with a gun,doesn't really care about these laws either?

Why is it so apparent to us and not the anti gunners? The laws will never stop someone from shooting another
Banning guns is not the answer

So even the supposedly educated people can't figure out that a person who will do harm to others with a gun,doesn't really care about these laws either?

Why is it so apparent to us and not the anti gunners? The laws will never stop someone from shooting another
Banning guns is not the answer
I think they fully realize it but it doesn't fit their quest to outlaw all gun ownership.

I wonder what would happen if someone went on a rampage and started killing people with chairs. All students must stand from this point on..... it's a felony to have a chair on campus? what a joke!
Well maybe the TSSA will show up on campus and make sure no guns enter the campus.

here's a thing. how many of these university professors and faculty staff were anti-military hippies and protesters from the 60s? I'd wager that a great many of them were; and always viewed guns as being evil regardless of whether or not they have good uses. in fact recently ,UO teachers and students protested the fact that the university's directors got the authority to ARM their security group; on the basis that "security does not need to be armed on campus, since no one else is armed on campus" ::)

I emailed Kevin Starlett at OFF and he told me that they expected this to happen. He also said that they would probably be able to get away with enforcing these rules on students, but there was no way they could enforce them on the general public.

I think their attempts to regulate carry should be brought to the court's attention. Maybe we could have a few school administrators spend 180 days in jail for contempt of court? (it happened in Utah)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top