JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got this one in my email. Do you know when your local town hall is? (or your buddies in the neighboring district?) It's the best and easiest time to either publicly praise (or question) your representatives, or get a few minutes one-on-one with them afterwards. Far quicker than scheduling time and driving all the way to Salem!!!

Feel free to add on additional town hall meetings that you hear about.

It's 2017. Its time to talk less and start getting active!!

The MitchMessage
January 4, 2017
I [Rep. Mitch Greenlick] have two events scheduled during January. First, we have a town hall on January 19, at 6:30 pm at St. Vincent Hospital, Souther Auditorium in the East Pavilion. This will be a joint event with Sen. Elizabeth Steiner Hayward and Rep. Ken Helm. [Other even is a book talk].

Here's another one I saw from Senator Michael Dembrow, District 23:

This Saturday: Constituent Coffee
Join me this Saturday, 1/7, for our final constituent coffee before the beginning of the legislative session. As usual, we will be convening at 9am at the Hollywood Senior Center (1820 NE 40th Ave.).

1/17: Session Preview Town Hall
On January 17th, our "team" from Senate District 23 will be holding a joint town hall to preview the legislative session and get your input. I'll be joined by Rep. Alissa Keny-Guyer (from the South half of my district) and Rep. Barbara Smith Warner (who represents the North half of the district). I hope you can be there to hear what each of us will be working on in the coming months.

Session Preview Town Hall

with Alissa Keny-Guyer & Barbara Smith Warner

Tuesday, January 17th from 7pm-8:30pm

Hollywood Senior Center (1820 NE 40th Ave.)

The problem I've found with town halls (at least the ones I've attended) is they issue you a numbered raffle ticket and IF your number is drawn you get a chance at the microphone...

True. SOME of them are like that. It gives control to the politicians to choose which question gets read, and how the question is asked. And then the politicians get to answer it anyways they like, often without feedback (for the sake of fairness and time.....). Sen. Burdick loves this type of forum. Of course there is also usually 5-15 minutes of 'meet and great' even at the end of these types of town halls.

Other legislatures do have open forums. Sen Mark Hass or Riley, or the legislatures mentioned above, follow this format.

Here's another one for Coos, Lane and Lincoln residents:

Senator Arnie Roblan
Rep. Caddy McKeown

Lane County: Date: Saturday, Jan. 7; Time: 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.; Location: Siuslaw Public Library District, Bromley Room - 1460 9th St., Florence; Event Description: I will be joined by Rep. Caddy McKeown to co-host this Town Hall Meeting.

Coos County: Date: Tuesday, Jan. 17; Time: 6:30 to 8 p.m.; Location: Coos Bay Public Library, 525 Anderson Avenue, Coos Bay; Event Description: I will be joined by Rep. Caddy McKeown to co-host this Town Hall Meeting.

Lincoln County (two events): Date: Friday, January 27th; Time: Noon – 1:00 p.m.; Location: Newport Chamber of Commerce, 555 SW Coast Highway, Newport; Event Description: Newport Chamber of Commerce Weekly Luncheon

Date: Friday, January 27th; Time: 5:30 p.m. - 7p.m.; Location: OSU Extension Service Lincoln County, 1211 SE Bay Blvd, Newport, OR 97365; Event Description: Community Town Hall (*Note: Overflow parking across the street near the blue gear shed).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top