JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You seem to be an intelligent person...so why are expecting logic from Oregon's legislature? When the revolution comes and the dry side finally secedes, it will be against the law to go about unarmed. You will be welcome.:s0114:

k in OregonI have to agree with the honoring of the outside CPL...but I don't understand the taxes part. If you live in Washington, why are you paying Oregon Income taxes? this is a no-go. Many o fmy Military Co workers live in Washington and work in Oregon...and dont have to pay the taxes.

k in OregonI have to agree with the honoring of the outside CPL...but I don't understand the taxes part. If you live in Washington, why are you paying Oregon Income taxes? this is a no-go. Many o fmy Military Co workers live in Washington and work in Oregon...and dont have to pay the taxes.

This is true. When your active duty stationed in Oregon and you live in Washington you don't have to pay the taxes. I found that loophole years ago.

I am in the same situation, however I got my Oregon CHL from Grant County.

how the eff did you get it?!? the a-holes in multnomah county were giving me all kinds of guff about it...
"oh you probably can't get it...we only issue to residents...self defense isnt a good enough reason..." friggin cops...meh

a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone...but dont try and tell those friggin heros about it...

how the eff did you get it?!? the a-holes in multnomah county were giving me all kinds of guff about it...
"oh you probably can't get it...we only issue to residents...self defense isnt a good enough reason..." friggin cops...meh

a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone...but dont try and tell those friggin heros about it...

He got it because Sheriff Palmer will issue permits to out of state residents. His deputies are also under order from him to accept all other states CC licenses within his county.

Sheriff Palmer comes up to Vancouver every once in a while to do the fingerprinting and photo for the permits, then he mails them to you when they are done.

WA does not honor my OR CHL either. I can get a non resident in WA, and as a bordering state, you can get one in OR. Just have to pay twice. For Oregon folks, the UTAH permit is the way to go as it is honored in WA also.

no doubt...sounds like i may need to go pay officer Palmer a visit... :D

Just keep an eye out in the forum as someone will spread the word when Glenn is coming back into town, he also goes to gun shows sometimes too.

If you are really motivated, you could take a drive down to Grant Co. and just get it over with - just call ahead and make sure you have everything they need before you go.

Alternatively, you could try Columbia County, as they are a little more tolerant. Multinomah and Clackamas Counties are a waste of time as they always say no to out of state people. :s0155:

Word to the wise - follow some of the example letters floating around on the forums - you don't want to give too much detail on "why" you want to carry - everything you tell a cop will be used against you. If you can't find anything I will forward you a copy of one I used. (I am so glad that Wa. is a "shall issue" state.)

On another note:

I am thinking that we should fight fire with fire and petition our reps. to sponsor a bill in Wa. to tax Or. workers equally like our folks and then maybe people in Clark Co. Wa. could actually get a job in our state? Oregon is always kicking Washington around on shared issues and it seems like we always get the short end of the stick.

Because that's the law! WA residents pay OR income taxes even though they get very little benefit. Although in around 2001 I did collect about $400 a week in unemployment from OR. It was only about 25% of what I earned when working but it did help.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Huh?
I've had a non-resident Multnomah County license for close to 20 years now. Never had a problem with renewal either. They used to require a letter from the WA Health Dept stating that you had no mental health records and a letter from your employer on their letterhead stating that it was OK to have a CPL. Since I have my own business license that was no problem and I've never been committed to a mental health institution that wasn't a problem either. Now they just require a letter stating why you want a permit. Carrying large sums of money from a show is a good reason for me.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class