JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe I missed it, but did they purchase and install a new front sight for you also. Somehow I missed this photo?
You never should have seen this front sight!
There are other problems that just improper coatings.

sight.jpg

I had One Long gun done by OTG and that was the only one The Ceracoating on the bolt knob and around the ejection port was the first place to chip and wear through! Then the front sight got chipped pretty bad, and I finally had enough! After several calls, I called it quits and went elsewhere! I ended up having the folks at Brimstone re coat that Rifle and was very impressed with the service. It cost me less, despite the drive, and was done a day ahead of promised! I don't know if they are still around, but they did right by me! A friend of mine also had one done by OTG and while the finish looked great, it had issues on the barrel, it looked like it had been applied with a paint brush and even had bubbles in the finish! He also gave up on them after many calls and a trip to speak with the owners with no satisfaction what so ever! No offer to re do things, no offer of money back, and no kind words ether! Just Fantastic failure!!!

Maybe I missed it, but did they purchase and install a new front sight for you also. Somehow I missed this photo?
You never should have seen this front sight!
There are other problems that just improper coatings.

View attachment 311926
Hi Veley
No they didn't replace the front sights. The touched them up with a file and applied cold blue. This is one of the reasons we had to make four 1 hundred mile trips back and forth to OTW . This sight and the one on my wife's Kahr PM9 were dinged on the edges as if they were taken out and put back in with a punch or the sight pusher slipped. They claimed they had a new hire.
Reason for the second 100 mile trip was when they reinstall my front sight they cut through the coating on the exposed portion of the dove tail cut. My wife's PM9 originally had what Kahr called a black diamond coat finish which didn't show any scuff or wear through when I first install these fiber optic sights.
Reason for the third 100 mile trip was that there was a mismatch of color on one of the slides. I don't remember which one. And some of the parts like the muzzle brake which was originally a loose fit and held on with a set screw wouldn't go on anymore. They were over coated. And there was another part that was on my son's gun.
Reason for the forth and final 100 mile trip was to finally pick up our stuff and never look back.
There's no way that I know how I can cold blue the exposed areas since the slide is s.s.
Paint ? :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Velzey,
You come highly recommended by members here, but I don't know if you do Cerakoting. And if you do how can I get to see some of your work.

Yup, he coats with just about every paint I've heard of (Dura, Cera, hot blueing etc).

Honestly I can't think of anything I've heard of him not being able to do and not get great reviews after the fact.

He wouldn't be a second rate smith and coater and still get the massive thumbs up from so many long time members and shooters from this board.

Hopefully @Velzey can chime in and hook you up;).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top