JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some very good points have been made in this thread, however, there is one outstanding point, the Oregon Supreme Court interpreted 18 USC 922 (D)

(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

So that someone who has a MMJ card is no longer an unlawful user of a controlled substance. To take a broader application of this ruling, if you were popping 800mg Ibuprofen tablets, you are violating this section. However, much like the MMJ card, a prescription for 800mg ibuprofen has a similar effect. The outstanding issue becomes one of state's rights, as the feds do not accept compassionate use.

The only real timebomb I can see setup in this ruling is the 20 year old with "glaucoma", who gets busted with an oz of pot, and a few old SKS's in the car. Probably won't end well for compassionate use. However, someone with terminal cancer, and a revolver they use for self protection would probably end badly for the feds in terms of public perception.

I'd rather see a CHL in the hands of a smoker than a drunk, anyday. You ever see anyone get "violently angry" after smoking a joint?? Happens all the time when whiskey's involved....perfectly legal...

I'd rather see a gun in the hands of a clear-headed (e.g. not angry, sedated, intoxicated, seriously depressed, etc.) person. A CHL, I don't care. ;-)

I've heard the same sentiment from many LEO's. Seems silly that we continue to outlaw a safer, less intoxicating substance than alcohol, tobacco, or painkillers. Heard of any pot overdoses lately?

OD on pot = take a nap..............:cigar:

Was there a point you were trying to make? Or did you just think you'd take the opportunity to take a cheap shot at Obama despite having no relevance to the subject at hand?

6 posts in 20 months. Let me guess, the others were posted in defense of an imbecile too?

Exactly my point. Instead of having a fair, open, and honest discussion of the politics of this country, many of the people of this community would rather invade other peoples unrelated discussions with Photoshopped pictures and the like. We get it, you don't like Obama. That's fantastic. Maybe though you can find some like minded people to discuss it with in your very own thread. Or perhaps we can change the name of the site to "Northwestfirarms/Obamaisdumb.com" as you people really feel the need to interject in every discussion.

Exactly my point. Instead of having a fair, open, and honest discussion of the politics of this country, many of the people of this community would rather invade other peoples unrelated discussions with Photoshopped pictures and the like. We get it, you don't like Obama. That's fantastic. Maybe though you can find some like minded people to discuss it with in your very own thread. Or perhaps we can change the name of the site to "Northwestfirarms/Obamaisdumb.com" as you people really feel the need to interject in every discussion.

UUummmm.. Isn't that exactly what your first comment was. :confused: As far as just invading the thread to make a snide comment about someones post? And now look what you started. Also I think his post was directly related the the thread. Obama smokes weed, and has guns. :s0155:

Pull your head out then try to read it again.

Read what again? Your comment was solely about being butt hurt over the Obama picture. The thread is about government, weed, and guns. His picture covered two out of three. Versus your whinny I love Obama, so don't pick on him babble that had 0 outta 3.

From my OP: "despite having no relevance to the subject at hand?" No where have I stated my political beliefs. You people are too stuck on your political agenda to take anything with his name in it that's not slanderous as promoting him. No where in this thread has anyone had anything to say about Obama. Other than a faked photo. WINNING!

Read what again? Your comment was solely about being butt hurt over the Obama picture. The thread is about government, weed, and guns. His pictured covered two out of three. Versus your whinny I love Obama, so don't pick on him babble that had 0 outta 3.

Obama smokes weed, and has guns. :s0155:

Whaaaaat?????? I think he still smokes cigs, and atm he has an army.
Back to the topic.
I have a friend that has had an MMC for over a year. He recently applied and got his CHL. No questions asked. Not a peep. Sailed right through. They didn't even check his references, (which I was one of). BTW, he actually doesn't smoke weed, he tried it but it did not give the desired result.
Just made him antsy and hungry :s0114:

I'd rather see a gun in the hands of a clear-headed (e.g. not angry, sedated, intoxicated, seriously depressed, etc.) person. A CHL, I don't care. ;-)
so how does this differ from booze... should we also say that anyone who drinks cannot own a gun???? I may not like pot smokers with guns, but I don't see much difference.... its the persons on responsibility to not smoke and shoot.

so how does this differ from booze... should we also say that anyone who drinks cannot own a gun???? I may not like pot smokers with guns, but I don't see much difference.... its the persons on responsibility to not smoke and shoot.

Look at the word intoxicated. It does not mean having had a beer or a toke. But science shows judgement, coordination and other factors are impaired by alcohol and other substances -- as well as emotional state. For example, I was trained one should not ride a motorcycle when truly pissed; it is not the best time to try to make the best decisions. I have seen many times people actively using pot who are thinking a bit slow. It is also scientific fact that cannabis can, in some people, cause psychosis among other problems. At no time did I say people shouldn't own guns. I just don't like them in the hands of people while they are at that time, not thinking straight. I'm not sure I see how any thinking person could disagree.

My bad. I read the topic. True that if your intoxicated either liquor narcodics or pot u shoud not have a gun in your possision, nor discharging. Just as I won't carry when out drinking.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top