JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yup.
114 is technically (for now) Blocked by the Harney County Judge - AND the Attorney Generals plea to the Oregon Supreme Court to intercede in same case was denied.

Not sure how 114 made it past these guidelines as it has permit requirements, magazine requirements, sale requirements, all of which are significantly different. It looks like the was a significant conflict of interest with the process. Here are Measure Guidelines:
Procedural Constitutional Review Oregon Constitution, Article IV, §1, Article XVII and OAR 165-014-0028 The Oregon Constitution established the following requirements for initiative petitions:  must have a single subject or closely related subject;  must include the full text; and  must be legislative rather than administrative in nature. For Initiative Petitions Relating to Constitutional Amendments Only:  multiple subjects that are not closely related must be voted on separately and  the initiative must amend, rather than revise, the constitution. Comments Any person may comment on whether the prospective initiative petition complies with all procedural requirements in the Oregon Constitution. After the deadline to file comments has passed and before the certified ballot title deadline, the Secretary of State:  reviews the text of the prospective initiative petition;  considers any procedural constitutional requirement comments;  may receive advice from the Attorney General; and  determines whether the prospective initiative petition complies with the requirements in the Oregon Constitution.

as it has permit requirements, magazine requirements, sale requirements, all of which are significantly different. It looks like the was a significant conflict of interest with the process. Here are Measure Guidelines:
Procedural Constitutional Review Oregon Constitution, Article IV, §1, Article XVII and OAR 165-014-0028 The Oregon Constitution established the following requirements for initiative petitions:  must have a single subject or closely related subject;  must include the full text; and  must be legislative rather than administrative in nature. For Initiative Petitions Relating to Constitutional Amendments Only:  multiple subjects that are not closely related must be voted on separately and  the initiative must amend, rather than revise, the constitution. Comments Any person may comment on whether the prospective initiative petition complies with all procedural requirements in the Oregon Constitution. After the deadline to file comments has passed and before the certified ballot title deadline, the Secretary of State:  reviews the text of the prospective initiative petition;  considers any procedural constitutional requirement comments;  may receive advice from the Attorney General; and  determines whether the prospective initiative petition complies with the requirements in the Oregon Constitution.
"Not sure how 114 made it past these guidelines"

My guess is because they are all closely related to firearms. If Measure 114 had all the existing restrictions and it also banned the sale of neapolitan ice cream in Oregon they would have had a problem.

Last Edited:
"Not sure how 114 made it past these guidelines"

My guess is because they are all closely related to firearms. If Measure 114 had all the existing restrictions and it also banned the sale of neopoltian ice cream in Oregon they would have had problem.
Exactly. All three topics were lumped together under the banner of "gun violence reduction".

-E-

Not sure how 114 made it past these guidelines as it has permit requirements, magazine requirements, sale requirements, all of which are significantly different. It looks like the was a significant conflict of interest with the process. Here are Measure Guidelines:
Sort of late to be bringing this up…these are arguments to be raised before the measure hits the ballot.

Online mag shopping!

If you haven't seen this yet, you all need to read it. It's the Response To Defendants Mandamus Proceeding. (The Lawyer in Harney County responding to when the AG asked the OR Supreme Court to overturn the ten day TRO)
The reason I bring this to your attention is there are statements within that I believe will crush 114 as written. Stuff we've discussed here but hasn't been addressed in prior filings that I know of. Particularly regarding mags.
Best viewed on a desktop.

If you haven't seen this yet, you all need to read it. It's the Response To Defendants Mandamus Proceeding. (The Lawyer in Harney County responding to when the AG asked the OR Supreme Court to overturn the ten day TRO)
The reason I bring this to your attention is there are statements within that I believe will crush 114 as written. Stuff we've discussed here but hasn't been addressed in prior filings that I know of. Particularly regarding mags.

great read! these guy have got there act together!! just basically schooled the AG like a 1st yr law student. LMAO

Sort of late to be bringing this up…these are arguments to be raised before the measure hits the ballot.

Online mag shopping!
They were and we were ignored. OFF even sued for an injunction and it was rejected.

I'm not sure what else could have been done. OFF sent out alerts and others posted threads here, but it obviously wasn't enough. Lars Larson and Jeff Kropf both talked about it on their radio shows. I would love to hear ideas on how to better get the word out.

+1 on this being a good read. Very well worth the time.

The SCO did it because they are all Brown appointees...

They did it because now they will be the final word on it.

No appeals and TROs..once they hear it..it is final..is why they denied the stupid AG.
It gives them time to make up stories about the 2nd amendment and what it means.

The SCO did it because they are all Brown appointees...

They did it because now they will be the final word on it.

No appeals and TROs..once they hear it..it is final..is why they denied the stupid AG.
It gives them time to make up stories about the 2nd amendment and what it means.
The SCO can be appealed through the Federal circuit on up to the SCOTUS.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top