JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey all, does anyone know if a locked Pelican Air 1615 case would count as 'safe storage'? Thinking maybe 2 birds 1 stone purchase if so.
You should be good to go. They don't specify any requirements for case quality. I assume a tupperware case is sufficient as long as it's locked and keys or combo are not readily available to unauthorized persons.

2) "Container" means a box, case, chest, locker, safe or other similar receptacle, in-
cluding, within a vehicle, a glove compartment, enclosed trunk or center console, equipped
with a tamper-resistant lock.

Last Edited:
I would think it would come under the same parameters as a trigger lock.

FYI I recently bought a Pelican Vault case at Bi-Mart for right at $100. Was in Coastal Saturday morning and they have the same case for $180! :eek:

Do the off-brands have same size and locking capabilities? I think the Apache I found didn't appear to have locking loops

Hey all, does anyone know if a locked Pelican Air 1615 case would count as 'safe storage'? Thinking maybe 2 birds 1 stone purchase if so.
If you go this route, just keep some desiccant in the case and keep an eye on moisture. I had an a barrel see small rust spots and I think there might have been some moisture when going from cold outside to inside hot car (or maybe the other way around, but either way).

Harbor Crate has a near-clone line called 'Apache' that seems to be a bargain. As does RTIC . Competitive market.
I own several Pelicans and Apaches for rifles and handguns, for several years now and never found much difference, apart from price. But then, I've never submerged either brand for hours with a firearm enclosed. Who knows?

Some of those videos led me to try the competing product. So far so good. The medium Apache case I bought does have locking similar to the full price brand.

I consider anywhere I decide to store my firearm on my personal property to be safe storage…so I say buy that Pelican case simply on the merit that it seems like an awesome container to store/protect/transport a firearm that is of particular value to you!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top