JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
If it said 195, that's probably more accurate than my over-inflated estimate :) Best to allow a bit extra, though, for mikes and last rounds lost in the sand.

There will be 8 stages in the morning and 8 stages in the afternoon. If you are only shooting one gun you will shoot 8 stages. Each stage is 5 strings of 5 targets. So simple math 5x5x8=200 rounds if you have zero makeups. There will always be makeups so consider it safe to bring 300-350 rounds per gun you are shooting at the match.

If it said 195, that's probably more accurate than my over-inflated estimate :) Best to allow a bit extra, though, for mikes and last rounds lost in the sand.
Yeah;

:::MATCH DETAILS:::
October 10, 2020
Level 2 match consisting of all 8 steel challenge classifier stages
Approximately 195 rounds
One-day with 2 squad options for am and pm

I am I reading this wrong? I appreciate the help, like I said, I am new and will be going by myself. Dont want to be unprepared, but not going to burn a case of 9mm right now.

There will be 8 stages in the morning and 8 stages in the afternoon. If you are only shooting one gun you will shoot 8 stages. Each stage is 5 strings of 5 targets. So simple math 5x5x8=200 rounds if you have zero makeups. There will always be makeups so consider it safe to bring 300-350 rounds per gun you are shooting at the match.

Thanks for this, I didn't see it before I responded to Les's post

Aw, nuts. My optic shifted internally during practice yesterday so that even at max settings, point of impact is about 2 feet below point of aim at any normal steel challenge distance. Put the iron sight plate back on the p320 x-5, and I guess I'll bring the revolver, although it's only a 6 shooter. :/ Hopefully I'll be able to shoot in limited, or production, or revolver, instead of carry optics.

Aw, nuts. My optic shifted internally during practice yesterday so that even at max settings, point of impact is about 2 feet below point of aim at any normal steel challenge distance. Put the iron sight plate back on the p320 x-5, and I guess I'll bring the revolver, although it's only a 6 shooter. :/ Hopefully I'll be able to shoot in limited, or production, or revolver, instead of carry optics.

Well that bites...
I'd be happy to loan you my C-more off my Speed Steel platform (10/22). Don't know if it will mount to your gun but if it helps, you can pick it up. I'm in the Tualatin area.

I appreciate the offer, @Meridian7750 , it means a lot. Now that I've worked on the revo a bit, I think I'm just going to shoot that, with irons, as long as they'll let me change divisions. Was planning on going all in on revo after this match, anyway, guess I'm just starting earlier than expected. :) Thinking about that with 8 classifier stages, at least it gives me a baseline to work from. Added trigger and hammer washers, checked cylinder gap and shake. Put in the 12 lb rebound spring, going to wait on messing with the main til I can verify 100% ignition. Trigger is butter smooth, if a bit on the heavy side. I know I can hit pretty well with this one, not as confident with shooting the Sig in irons...

That was a lot of fun, despite difficult weather. These things give me a huge appreciation for those who step up and coordinate matches! Thanks, Sean! There were some really amazing shooters, and a few blistering fast times. I'm looking forward to seeing the folks I met again at other matches! ( We really need a contingent of Oregonians to go make a good showing in Idaho, though....)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top