JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Negative Ghostrider. Tell that to my school district (Bethel in Eugene) that had to get rid of teachers when once again PERS needed more money. Tell that to EWEB rate payers who saw another rate increase recently. One of the main reasons being that PERS needed more money. Everytime PERS investments don't come through PERS is first in line to scoop up money from the already stressed budgets of everything. I keep wonder if it's possible that PERS will someday require 100% of every budget. I wonder that because there still doesn't seem to be any limit that is ever hit.

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2012/06/pers_unfunded_liability_of_pen.html

Your off track on the pers comment. Pers has been villified over the years. Many fixes have already been put in place. Oregon's pers is one of the most well funded public retirement plans in the nation. Pers doesnt ask for more money, state law determines what the employers contribution rates to be. These rates have nothing to do with retiree benefits. The public has been misled into believing there is mismanagement and seemingly criminal activity. The fixes were put in place ten years ago. This means a least 1/3 of those in tier 1 have retired. Those retiring now continue to see substantially reduced retirements from what they were promised. The tier 1 pool will continue to get smaller and eventually be gone. While the statesman urinal loves to print these huge numbers in their articles and create what looks like an emergency, there really isnt an issue.

Its easy to dislike what you dont understand. As i said, the fixes are in place, the ship is righting itself. Every organization that got on board knew what the the potential was. Of course pers is first in line when money is needed. You must pay your contractual obligations first. And no, it will never require 100% of the budget. As i stated, 1/3 of those have retired with more leaving every year. It is on the decline.

Oh goody. I'm so happy jail beds are going to be increasing this year in Lane County... oh wait, they're not. I't so nice you're defending a system that just two years ago gave us a retiree making about a half million a year. Add that to all the other just before retirement salary increases the libs are giving their friends to hugely increase their PERS pensions and Oregon is still getting screwed for a long time to come. You're right, "The Fix" is in place, but it's not fixing Oregon's problems.

http://www.kptv.com/story/16100683/uo-former-coach

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2012/07/oregon_pers_pension_pay_gets_p.html

Its easy to dislike what you dont understand. As i said, the fixes are in place, the ship is righting itself. Every organization that got on board knew what the the potential was. Of course pers is first in line when money is needed. You must pay your contractual obligations first. And no, it will never require 100% of the budget. As i stated, 1/3 of those have retired with more leaving every year. It is on the decline.

Oh goody. I'm so happy jail beds are going to be increasing this year in Lane County... oh wait, they're not. I't so nice you're defending a system that just two years ago gave us a retiree making about a half million a year. Add that to all the other just before retirement salary increases the libs are giving their friends to hugely increase their PERS pensions and Oregon is still getting screwed for a long time to come. You're right, "The Fix" is in place, but it's not fixing Oregon's problems.

Former Ducks coach tops PERS earners with $41,000 a month - KPTV - FOX 12

Oregon PERS: Pension pay gets padded by benefit boosters, from public safety workers to docs | OregonLive.com

Please don't believe everything you read in the paper.

I can see why the urban sheriffs would have their tails between their legs; but I can't imagine a rural sheriff handing-in his or her own pink slip. As far as I have seen and heard, Yamhill County Sheriff is in the 2A corner.

TBD; I suppose its best to find out now eh?

BTW, the blueberry pancakes that are served at Camp Frank D Merrill in Dahlonega GA. are #1, even if you aren't starving, tired and haven't bathed in weeks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top