JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking through the rules on the Oregon State Fair's website. Section 9 lists prohibited items and activities. They go and describe weapons as taken from Oregon state law regarding the definition of a weapons. No problem there.
As far as carrying, all I could find was this:

Section 9/b, "Exceptions to the above prohibitions are limited to: 1.Weapons of OSFEClaw enforcement officials and those carried by persons authorized by law to carry them when carried in a manner authorized by law; " (speaks for itself).

The only other line that mentions anything is in section 10/a,
Inspections During OSFA.OSFEC's employees or agents may request, as a condition of the license or permit, that persons about to enter OSFECproperty, allow visual access to all purses, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, athletic bags, packages, duffel bags, coolers, ice chests, picnic baskets, diaper bags, strollers, carts and other similar items capable of concealing prohibited items ("containers").

So this only makes a reference to a permit which I would assume to mean a CHL, and if there was a need for them to inquire. Seems more like it deals with people smuggling in Mai Tai's though.
I would think that concealed carry will not be a concern at the State Fair.
Here is the link to there rules: https://oregonstatefair.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/OFSEC-Rules-Policies-Revised-2016.pdf

I generally hate crowds and distrust large groups but Steve Miller is playing there on one of the nights. I generally hate music but there's some I can take in small doses. I may take the wife and try and gain back some (of many) lost points.

i carry EVERY year at the oregon state fair. never been terry searched.

the oregon state fairgrounds is a public place. ORS 166.173 2(c) says if you have a CHL you are exempt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top