JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get the sports pack so I already have my turkey, deer, elk, bear, and cougar tags. I might try fall bear but am leaning towards spring because the hide isn't as rough.

Had a 200 + pounder looking at my thirty year old apple trees, a week back about mid day. The dam thing took a run up the driveway and came within thirty feet of me standing in the shop door way. Two more steps and I would have slammed the door.
Silver Hand

Had a 200 + pounder looking at my thirty year old apple trees, a week back about mid day. The dam thing took a run up the driveway and came within thirty feet of me standing in the shop door way. Two more steps and I would have slammed the door.
Silver Hand
Can I move your apple tree to the wenaha unit for a couple weeks

Did you throw your pants away or were you able to clean them?

No but I will say I have no Idea why he started running as he was going the other way and decided to cross into the field, then decided to stop, the black berry vines are 15+ yards deep.

He was about 35 - 40 yards away and I had been watching him from the yard headed to the shop. I slipped behind him to get into the shop and watched him with half my body out the door at 90 degrees. He then stood up on his hind legs to get a good whiff just before the dash up hill. Maybe he winded me or the chickens?

I must say I wondered about the door for a second during my Oh x#*! moment.

I hunted bear with dogs in my youth this was unusual and it did shake my tree for a moment.
Silver Hand

I got my tag, my hunting buddy and just got this...

IMG_3479-1.JPG

I drew the Wenaha tag, we plan on floating the Grande Ronde in the drift boat. We do it every year and have been successful...plus no cell service for 6 days

Head towards Florence. Halfway there. Take a right. Park on top of a hill giving views of several open hillsides. Look for stumps. That aren't stumps.
South of Florence Ada on the Siltcoos lake and that road going over the bridge from there to forest road 49 all the way over to the top of Gardner Or. It can get swampy and recently logged so very open in places.
We ran dogs back there and no matter how many bear we killed we could never kill them all. That is the hottest bear country I have ever had a chance to hunt.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads