JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That story gave me goosebumps, finally some people with authority trying to stand up to the freaks from the fed .gov! Hopefully his example carries to other counties/states. But since its the fed .gov, he'll probably have an "accident" and be killed

I can't stand the USFS. Glad to see others with the same point of view. Have you ever noticed that these yahoos who are 'dedicated to restore and enhance landscapes, protect and enhance water resources, etc..' tend to build gigantic eye-sore office buildings made from logs?

I can't stand the USFS. Glad to see others with the same point of view. Have you ever noticed that these yahoos who are 'dedicated to restore and enhance landscapes, protect and enhance water resources, etc..' tend to build gigantic eye-sore office buildings made from logs?

I'm none to happy with the firewood permit process in my neck of the woods. We have a large USFS building right here in Roseburg but do you think they can sell firewood permits? Nope. You have to drive to Glide (about 18 miles) to get a permit to cut on another ranger district. And the guy behind the counter seems to revel in making it take as long as he can and make it as complex has he can. With all the thinning that needs to occur why isn't firewood getting areas larger and require less paperwork than buying a home?

It's good to see local law enforcement stand up to the bs of a federal agency. Respect isn't a one way street.

Huh, it makes me wonder if this Forest Service policing activity is the kind of thing the President is promoting with Executive Order 13575 to "maximize the impact of Federal investment to promote economic prosperity and quality of life in our rural communities."

I've had a few experiences it fs personel that have left me with a bad taste. One was with an absolute nutburger who told me about how the last time a camper got mouthy he beat him senseless, tied him to a tree and had his way with his wife. At the time I was 21, weighed 200, and never took my hand out of my jacket pocket. I don't think the dumb*** even knew what I had in my pocket. My wife was afraid I was going to shoot him. Looking back, I really wish I would've filed some kind of report on the creep.
It appears that they think they are Dukes and Earls rather than employees of the citizenry.
This story makes me think that there is for America. God bless the Sheriffs that are taking them on.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top