Oregon Sheriff Stands up against the U.S. Forest Service

Reactions
That story gave me goosebumps, finally some people with authority trying to stand up to the freaks from the fed .gov! Hopefully his example carries to other counties/states. But since its the fed .gov, he'll probably have an "accident" and be killed

Reactions
I can't stand the USFS. Glad to see others with the same point of view. Have you ever noticed that these yahoos who are 'dedicated to restore and enhance landscapes, protect and enhance water resources, etc..' tend to build gigantic eye-sore office buildings made from logs?
I'm none to happy with the firewood permit process in my neck of the woods. We have a large USFS building right here in Roseburg but do you think they can sell firewood permits? Nope. You have to drive to Glide (about 18 miles) to get a permit to cut on another ranger district. And the guy behind the counter seems to revel in making it take as long as he can and make it as complex has he can. With all the thinning that needs to occur why isn't firewood getting areas larger and require less paperwork than buying a home?

Reactions
Huh, it makes me wonder if this Forest Service policing activity is the kind of thing the President is promoting with Executive Order 13575 to "maximize the impact of Federal investment to promote economic prosperity and quality of life in our rural communities."

Reactions
I've had a few experiences it fs personel that have left me with a bad taste. One was with an absolute nutburger who told me about how the last time a camper got mouthy he beat him senseless, tied him to a tree and had his way with his wife. At the time I was 21, weighed 200, and never took my hand out of my jacket pocket. I don't think the dumb*** even knew what I had in my pocket. My wife was afraid I was going to shoot him. Looking back, I really wish I would've filed some kind of report on the creep.
It appears that they think they are Dukes and Earls rather than employees of the citizenry.
This story makes me think that there is for America. God bless the Sheriffs that are taking them on.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom