Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon Senatorial Race

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by ZigZagZeke, Oct 22, 2014.

1. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

The DNC often espouses that the NRA is just another "right-wing" apparatus, yet I saw PLENTY of Democrats with an "A" rating getting the NRA endorsement.

How do you like THAT, you progressives?

Barefoot African likes this.
  3. Quacky88

Quacky88 Oregon Active Member

4. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

The Oregon Chapter of OGMGOC, the "Old Gas Masked Gun Owners Club" has Endorsed Dr. Monica Wehby as well!:s0155:

5. Barefoot African

Barefoot African Saint Helens Oregon Active Member

Monica Wehby is hard to vote for. The others recommended are all on my list. Convince me that Monica is not a nut job. :confused:

NRA- A's

Yates
    Richardson
    Betsy
    Witt

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  6. Stomper

Fine, then vote for Merkley. He's not a nutjob.... cough, cough. :rolleyes:

7. Barefoot African

Barefoot African Saint Helens Oregon Active Member

He's somewhat spineless, not exactly principled. your typical polywhatsit

Merely a nut job - no.

8. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Your post is confusing. Are you saying that if someone on an internet forum can't prove or disprove your random assertion, then you're going to vote for a Democrat?

Stomper and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  9. Stomper

What I find "amusing" is when a democrat has "life issues" (see Bill Clinton, etc) it's nobody's business, or when the likes of Sen. Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) says the loopy-arsed shiete that she does they applaud, or when Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) says things like "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what's in it" they don't bat an eye....

But when a Republican (or other than democrat) has had a domestic issue and were humanly flawed in their handling of it, they're crazy, out of touch, evil, racist.

Anyone who votes for the crap Merkley has done IS crazy and not all there. WAKE UP!

Barefoot African and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  10. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

I was encouraged by Wehby's candidacy initially, and will vote against Merkley.
    But after seeing the poll numbers, I'm pretty sure it's a waste of time.

The vast majority of the idjits in a handful of counties in Oregon will once again put their blinders on and vote for the candidate that is more than happy to take their gun rights, if the DNC tells him to.

Cuz you know, gunz-r-bad, obama and holder and billary told me so.

Stomper likes this.
  11. OLDNEWBIE

I'm a realist about the outcome but don't consider it a waste of time. The election winners/$$backers do consider the % of people who voted against them as well as who abstained or voted write ins etc.
    These results may just figure into how extreme they will be in their Progressive agenda towards future gun legislation.

12. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

If Merkley finishes like he is currently polling, he will have NO encouragement to temper his progressive agenda.
    http://www.electionprojection.com/2014-elections/oregon-senate-election.php
    A 13-21% advantage means it's not even close. He'll have no reason to appease his non liberal/progressive constituents.

Our only hope is that in other places around the US, voters are smart enough to remove the current senate majority, one seat at a time.

13. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

There is also the issue of future elections and funding. If people neglect to vote for the conservative candidate simply because they think the cause is lost, then it sends the message that it's not worth running or supporting a future conservative candidate. Our support is more than a one time or one candidate issue.

14. OLDNEWBIE

Progressives are patient, organized and willing to compromise a lot to move the ball just that one more yard forward towards their bigger goal. They want so much more than the Dems are giving them but know, in time things will go there way.

Gun Owners/2nd Amendment freedom voters could learn much from them. We are critical thinkers not drones and that's good! But it's also hurting us to some extent.