JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While checking out the face-book pages of our "friends" on the other side, I saw this recent post:

"LAST CHANCE: The Oregon Senate Judiciary Committee will vote on expanded background checks tomorrow. Can you call Sen. Arnie Roblan NOW and tell him you support background checks? Call 503-986-1705 and tell the Senator's staff you want him to VOTE YES on SB 1551."

Why only one senator? Has he been non-committal on his stance? Wonder if he's worried about his voters response, even though he's two years out for re-election. Any facebook recall pages out there? (I think he would be more vulnerable than Sen Floyd.)

JMHO - I think Roblan is not as rabid as Prozanski and stands to lose more from a recall. I could be wrong, I don't live on the coast and don't have a good feel about how he is viewed there.

Nice to see Sen Kruse get some airtime. To bad it seems the interviewer Harry Esteve supports the background checks (he released the 78% poll a few weeks back as "support for universal background checks", without disclosing anything else about who did the poll, or the pollsters activity in Colorado).

It's not a long video, but if your short on time, go to about the 2:55 mark. Seems Senator Roblan hasn't really let anyone know which way he is leaning.

Gun control, Sen. Jeff Kruse's take: Take 3 For Politics (video) | OregonLive.com

Maybe make a special effort to let friends in the coos-bay area know ;)

After several e-mails that went unanswered I was surprised to get a personalized reply from Senator Roblan's staff yesterday.

After 3 email I got the same generic reply, so I replyed thanking "Rosie" for the generic form letter and not saying where he stood. I also mentioned that there is a buzz on the internet about Recalls....boy did that strike a nerve.

Did you get a response to the recall? That I would like to see.

Other than thanking her for the generic reply I ended the email with "There is also lots of talk on the internet of a recall if he supports it." I did not say it in any threatening way but that is the way she took it. She sent this reply back only 2 minutes after I had sent it....

Brian, I appreciate the input about recall. Please know, Sen. Roblan did not choose public service out fear, but rather for the good. As an educator for over almost 40 years, he ran for office because of his desire for continued public service. As such, the threat of recall only works to assuage those who proposes the threat of said recall.

Senator Roblan supported the background checks last session. The threat of a recall was not on the table. Not sure why folks think the tactic works.

Your biggest challenge Brian, is that if the voters of Oregon decides to run a referendum through the initiative process for universal background checks, I'm not sure that that process will be so easy to recall.

Rosie Shatkin
Legislative Policy Advisor
Sen. Arnie Roblan, SD 5
(Coos Bay, Florence, Newport, Tillamook)
Office: 503.986.1705
Cell: 541.999.5327

I have sent several e-mails as well and in the last two I made comparisons between Oregon today and Colorado last year. I even referenced the Marijuana just like Colorado last year. I brought up how the legislation was rammed through last year and how it appears the same action is taking place here especially due to the shortened session.

Your biggest challenge Brian, is that if the voters of Oregon decides to run a referendum through the initiative process for universal background checks, I'm not sure that that process will be so easy to recall.

Interesting. Bluster or the backup plan should 1551 go no where?

Other than thanking her for the generic reply I ended the email with "There is also lots of talk on the internet of a recall if he supports it." I did not say it in any threatening way but that is the way she took it. She sent this reply back only 2 minutes after I had sent it....

Brian, I appreciate the input about recall. Please know, Sen. Roblan did not choose public service out fear, but rather for the good. As an educator for over almost 40 years, he ran for office because of his desire for continued public service. As such, the threat of recall only works to assuage those who proposes the threat of said recall.

Senator Roblan supported the background checks last session. The threat of a recall was not on the table. Not sure why folks think the tactic works.

Rosie Shatkin
Legislative Policy Advisor
Sen. Arnie Roblan, SD 5
(Coos Bay, Florence, Newport, Tillamook)
Office: 503.986.1705
Cell: 541.999.5327

This Rosie Shatking is an arrogant little 'Rat operative. Websearch her *** and you'll find out.

Roblan knifed us in the back last session and he'll do it again, and she thinks it's funny.

I wouldn't even mention a recall to her - I'd just start one. "Somebody" needs to just go
register "www.recallroblan.org" or whatever and start populating it, and just let the little
creep find out about it from "Rosie" when she hears about it from some other sniveling
'Rat.

Here's the link to Arnie's contributor information, if Katie-pie ever puts the "OreStar" system back on line
so us mere peasants can find out who's bribing our legislators (answer: Bloomberg). (She claims it's been
hacked... yeah sure Katie.)

https://secure.sos.state.or.us/ores...tonName=search&cneSearchFilerCommitteeId=4726

I have the data downloaded but this site won't let me upload it; it's "too large". wuddevver...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top