JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My guess is that the teachers with permits were already carrying anyway; the new policy will simply allow them to do so without fearing for their jobs in the event that they needed to draw their weapons. I know of several teachers who have decided that saving the lives of themselves and their students takes precedence over keeping their jobs in the aftermath of a school shooting incident.

My guess is that the teachers with permits were already carrying anyway; the new policy will simply allow them to do so without fearing for their jobs in the event that they needed to draw their weapons. I know of several teachers who have decided that saving the lives of themselves and their students takes precedence over keeping their jobs in the aftermath of a school shooting incident.

I know of several teachers with a CCW, they just don't talk about it. I believe it's a lot more common that you think. But to be really effective there would need to be a large sign on the door of the school indicating that there were armed teachers and staff. That would end all school shootings.

:s0053:

98b3bb4b-ba48-474f-a2ae-617694d5c150_zps05513655.jpg

I honestly don't see the downside. Like Hickok45 says, "Right, as soon as we're armed we turn into cold-blooded killers!"
Think about all the ways we entrust our most precious children to teachers every school day. They don't need firearms to do harm if it's their intention, nor does the presence of a weapon necessarily facilitate or aggravate any wrongdoing they might consider.

All the CCW does is level the field, and give pause to those considering mayhem. It only takes one sheepdog among the sheep....

This was the original policy up until the Sandy Hook mess last year that caused a bunch of knee jerk reactions all over the country that were based on nothing but emotion. All they have done in St Helens is to return to their senses......let's hope that level headed thinking will return to the other schools/districts across the state and country.

But what did you expect from the town that recently brought you AR raffles for softball fundraising! :) Pushing back that liberal sprawl to PDX where it belongs.

Guns in Oregon schools big news for Seattle's Carlson

Reports over the weekend that the St. Helens School District in Oregon will allow teachers with concealed handgun licenses to bring guns to campus have caused an eruption of public angst rivaling that of the mountain after which the district is named, and KVI's morning talk jock John Carlson spoke about the controversy during his Monday broadcast.

<broken link removed>

You don't need a gun to kill 5 innocent people, the brutal murder of a mother and 4 children in NYC this weekend proved this fact very well. All you need is a knife, even rocks have been killing people since before Biblical times. Unfortunately the anti gun agenda is about not protection "For The Children", their ultimate goal is control not protection. If it was there would be more funding for mental health and less for militarization of our local police. We have to recognize that these people are dangerous Goebbels like master propagandists and not some misguided left wing neighbor. The incident in NYC this weekend and the deafening silence from the left only because a gun WAS NOT USED in a brutal murder involving children just cries out the hypocrisy of the gun control movement in our country. They can't get any mileage out of it so they just conveniently ignore it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top