JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Obviously the standard to lock up firearms is ridiculous but more sinister is the cost to get a conceal carry permit. Really turns it into a 'pay to play' and disenfranchises lower class citizens when we should have constitutional carry.

It is to bad that organizations like the ACLU and similar dont want to play the race card on this issue. As much as it pains me to say that. Their lawyers and pockets are deep and persuasive.

Obviously the standard to lock up firearms is ridiculous but more sinister is the cost to get a conceal carry permit. Really turns it into a 'pay to play' and disenfranchises lower class citizens when we should have constitutional carry.
Forgive the word play, but I assume you mean lower "income" citizens? I know plenty of salt of the earth people whom I regard as having more "class" than many who earn way more than they do.

But yea, the annual increase is crazy. If it becomes law, I would like to see the audit that shows what programs those additional dollars support. More staffing for concealed carry permit processing or background checks? Yes. General fund? No.

Forgive the word play, but I assume you mean lower "income" citizens? I know plenty of salt of the earth people whom I regard as having more "class" than many who earn way more than they do.
Of course he was referring to income. Please don't muck up the thread with non-sequitur virtue signalling.

Last Edited:
I don't know about anyone else here, but I have occasion to speak to firearms enthusiasts who never frequent gun forums nor ever listen to the dikweeds making new laws and have been living their lives in blissful ignorance to any and all thoughts and mandates of the minority overlords who apparently believe "they" have a higher moral authority over their lives and property. Perhaps that is a good way to proceed with our lives.
I bet there are people who still think it's legal to sell guns in a private transaction without a BGC. Online gun forums are certainly a small subsection of gun owners.

No BGC for firearms purchase with a CCW here is one perk
In Az with a ccw you fill out form 4473 & no phone call is needed, so then you're done--after paying of course

This is the reason I did finally get my second ccw--after my last rights restoration, the feds kept delaying me & getting the ccw allowed me to purchase without the ATF hassle

Will gun club members have to keep their firearms "secure" until AT the firing line?
Same question on how a public range will require a paying guest to bring their firearms to the range.

Will gun club members have to keep their firearms "secure" until AT the firing line?
Same question on how a public range will require a paying guest to bring their firearms to the range.
Good questions. I was wondering the same thing. I didn't see anything in that bill that addresses that (but, I could have missed it).

I believe @Soren was incorrect in that statement or mistyped. A weapon that is on your person may still be readily available.

Storage Requirement:

Reading the letter of the law, a gun on the nightstand would be in violation of this new law, as you cannot be in control of said weapon while asleep.
How can a in service firearm be locked ?
To me an "In Service" firearm is one that is actively ready for defense (not just your carry gun), like the loaded ready to go handgun that is in your nightstand or the loaded ready to go shotgun in your pop-up coffee table.

All jokes aside - I agree with you. Like most of the people on this forum, I use the garage for gun work. There is a lever action torn apart to bits currently getting an action job. I have no interest in carting the receiver up to the gun cabinet when I'm not in the garage and, seeing as there doesn't appear to be an exception in the law for torn apart guns, can only assume that I'm breaking said law. As I said in my first post: what happens in my home, stays in my home.
I think if you were to look under the definition of GUN, it would say something like it is immediately avaialble to shoot or something like that, so under maintenance, it really isn't a firearm. Maybe, I dunno.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top