JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Several years ago, someone introduced a bill that would give gun owners a tax break on firearms safes. It appears it was their attempt to lighten the burden of over reaching government requirements. Was a poor attempt at pandering and virtue signaling along the lines of sweetening the hemlock. Wonder which clown will re-introduce that insult this time around .
If it were a 100% kind of deal like the $50 political contribution, I'd be happy to drop several grand on one and I'm sure several others would, too just to make their pockets hurt. Of course, they'd probably just raise a new tax "for the children" to get back at us..... vicious circle.

I don't think there really is a way to sugar coat this turd to help the medicine go down any better

Good Grief :s0002:...... try the stupid thing when your hand is wet, sweaty, or maybe when your hand is covered in blood after fighting off the drugged out maniac who was taking pleasure stabbing the cr@p out of anybody in reach..... Would it work if you had to pick that finger up off the floor ?? :s0092:

Thank you!

Mind reader. Grin.

Cate

Don't worry....the thing nowadays for social media feelers is to use a cyber scalpel and slice between the lines to extract the hidden meaning rather than the plain language.

This is true!

Thank you.

Cate

So basically, I can still CC into places like Costco without committing a felony, and to go INSIDE the school I'd have to store the firearm securely ... if the local board makes the school a gun free zone. The other stuff is all things I've already done.

I wonder if disassembly is as good as a lock, or if locking in the vehicle, which I have the only key to, is good enough. Otherwise I'll have to use a frickin' gun lock to leave it in the car for conferences, or inform them I can't attend conferences any more due to their policies. Maybe teleconf will continue to be an option.

Footnote: This is starting to feel like CA a tiny bit. Adapt or go home, southerners.
COSTCO does NOT allow guns to be carried (Concealed or open carry.) INSIDE of their stores.

This applies to ALL Costco stores.

A policeman or deputy who is ON DUTY can carry a gun into their store from what I do remember.

I do not think but I am NOT POSITIVE that an OFF DUTY policemen can carry a GUN, concealed or open carry, into their stores.

From what I read in several COSTCO company OFFICIAL news releases and stories from out of state and even news in my state (MT) - a policeman has to be ON DUTY to carry inside of their store but I could be WRONG if THIS POLICY has changed for peace officers OR if my memory is wrong.

Several years ago, there were 1 or 2 BIG Costco stories about a customer or customers shooting one another IN one or two of their stores.

Plus in Seattle or Portland or in CA - COSTCO has several BIG jewelry thefts from their glass cabinets - SMASH, GRAB AND LOOT garbage done by not only 1 or 2 criminals but by a GANG OF CRIMINAL THIEVES.

It was in the news out here (Jewelry theft.) but it did not happen in this town's Costco store. I think that the criminal thieves even CRASHED through some store's glass doors but they may be another BIG theft story that I am thinking about.

SMASH, GRAB and LOOT garbage!

Cate

I know a guy who always carries concealed in Costco, and he's not a LEO. Unless doing so becomes an actual crime in and of itself he will probably keep doing so.
We conceal carry in Costco.

Not a crime to do so (in Oregon), however COULD be asked to leave if they wanted us to. If we didn't comply, then COULD become an issue of Trespass.

Posted up my story somewhere on the forum of when I first started conceal carry & had done a Costco shop alone. My shirt had flipped up over my carry (exposing it) while going thru the entrance at the Salem store. Greater simply said "nice handgun" or some such simple saying...thanked him & covered rite back up. Boy was I embarrassed!

So in short, AFAIK, this new trash bill doesn't change the weight of law (none) of signs at private businesses in Oregon???

That was also MY question. I wasn't asking about store policy or business hours.
Gotcha.

From what I've read this baloney bill doesn't change the weight/rule of law of signage at private establishments. Which in Oregon is none, other than they can ask you to leave said premise THEN bump it to trespass if you don't comply?

-mind, I'm not sure, so there's that.

Anyone else delve into the nitty gritty of this bogus bill care to weigh in on if there is a change to weight of law on signage at private establishments??

Gotcha.

From what I've read this baloney bill doesn't change the weight/rule of law of signage at private establishments. Which in Oregon is none, other than they can ask you to leave said premise THEN bump it to trespass if you don't comply?

-mind, I'm not sure, so there's that.

Anyone else delve into the nitty gritty of this bogus bill care to weigh in on if there is a change to weight of law on signage at private establishments??
That's what it looked like to me but it had so many permutations and amendments I'm not sure if what I read is what they are passing. Once Herr Braun signs it I expect more dissection of the final version.

COSTCO does NOT allow guns to be carried (Concealed or open carry.) INSIDE of their stores.

A policeman or deputy who is ON DUTY can carry a gun into their store from what I do remember.

I do not think but I am NOT POSITIVE that an OFF DUTY policemen can carry a GUN, concealed or open carry, into their stores.

From what I read in several COSTCO company OFFICIAL news releases and stories from out of state and even news in my state (MT) - a policeman has to be ON DUTY to carry inside of their store but I could be WRONG if THIS POLICY has changed for peace officers OR if my memory is wrong.

Several years ago, there were 1 or 2 BIG Costco stories about a customer or customers shooting one another IN one or two of their stores.

Plus in Seattle or Portland or in CA - COSTCO has several BIG jewelry thefts from their glass cabinets - SMASH, GRAB AND LOOT garbage done by not only 1 or 2 criminals but by a GANG OF CRIMINAL THIEVES.

It was in the news out here (Jewelry theft.) but it did not happen in this town's Costco store. I think that the criminal thieves even CRASHED through some store's glass doors but they may be another BIG theft story that I am thinking about.

Cate

I'm just glad our local Costco stores have removed all their 'no gun' signs

Cate

It's more like up here in Oregon and Washington it's the Californian smash and grab garbage that have infiltrated our once tolerated states.

Obviously the standard to lock up firearms is ridiculous but more sinister is the cost to get a conceal carry permit. Really turns it into a 'pay to play' and disenfranchises lower class citizens when we should have constitutional carry.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top