JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think you are going to find may Oregon LEO's who disagree, who think this law is worth anything or who plan to enforce it. I don't see how it can pass Oregon Constitutional muster.

LEOs will enforce it if they feel the need - at their discretion. Give them guff or they want you for something else and can't make that stick, then they will enforce it. It is best to not give a LEO the opportunity - especially if they are looking to bust you.

View attachment 878584
Interesting, however I hope multiple locks could be opened by one key... wonder how well the scanner works, I use fingerprint scanners many times a week, many times there has to be repeat scanning before it works... labor work and fingerprints being worn off or dirt clogging....

Had the unfortunate displeasure of hearing Rep Findley talking on the radio this morning about how he gets to distribute, without all of that red tape foolishness, the $2,000,000.00 of our money that was used to buy his compliance. Makes me sick.
We now know the cost of betrayal. They can choke on their 30 pieces of silver.

Sellout.jpg

I'm pretty sure it can be picked.

But it satisfies the law and drops off in the dark in ~1 second. Note: On the AR firearms I've tried it on, the shank (or whatever) of the lock slides behind the trigger and makes pulling the trigger impossible, so even if one could figure out a way to wiggle the lock around, or to poke at the trigger with a wire or something, it just ain't working until the lock is removed.

There are some mechanical designs that fit similarly that I've now attached to the 50, strictly for compliance reasons. The inexpensive combo version is fine for a 40 pound rifle, for me.

Interesting, however I hope multiple locks could be opened by one key... wonder how well the scanner works, I use fingerprint scanners many times a week, many times there has to be repeat scanning before it works... labor work and fingerprints being worn off or dirt clogging....
No way am I trusting that thing. Fingerprint scanner, charging socket, battery, fingerprint profiles- no way do I want that stuff between me and my squeeze. Only thing missing is it can't connect to the internet! Lol. Should at least be emp proof.

No way am I trusting that thing. Fingerprint scanner, charging socket, battery, fingerprint profiles- no way do I want that stuff between me and my squeeze. Only thing missing is it can't connect to the internet! Lol. Should at least be emp proof.
It looks to have a key override.

Mine always works quickly on the first try. But then so does my new cell phone. Some are better than others, this one so far is literally perfect. I test it several times a week, never ever fails. I did not do any of the 'fancy' stuff like enroll many fingers etc.

Mine always works quickly on the first try. But then so does my new cell phone. Some are better than others, this one so far is literally perfect. I test it several times a week, never ever fails. I did not do any of the 'fancy' stuff like enroll many fingers etc.
Good Grief :s0002:...... try the stupid thing when your hand is wet, sweaty, or maybe when your hand is covered in blood after fighting off the drugged out maniac who was taking pleasure stabbing the cr@p out of anybody in reach..... Would it work if you had to pick that finger up off the floor ?? :s0092:

Good Grief :s0002:...... try the stupid thing when your hand is wet, sweaty, or maybe when your hand is covered in blood after fighting off the drugged out maniac who was taking pleasure stabbing the cr@p out of anybody in reach..... Would it work if you had to pick that finger up off the floor ?? :s0092:
About 5 years ago I installed some fingerprint scanners for a timeclock. They were pretty awful and ran about $120 a piece. I don't know how much the technology has improved, but typically any perspiration (and this applies to my phone) causes them to fail. Personally, I would never rely on a biometric safe. Too many potential points of failure. There are mechanical options, like a simplex safe, that are just about as quick to enter and don't rely on batteries or software to work as intended.

You'd be filing a false police report. That's actually a crime.

Q: If you've read the statute, is there a criminal penalty for failure to comply, or just potential civil liability to victims of crimes a stolen firearm is used in?

Observation: Seems to me that disassembly is more effective and cheaper for most firearms owners. I have one AR and one bolt. Easier and cheaper for me to lock up the bolt than to buy a safe to hold the gun. That's also way more effective than an action trigger lock.

2nd Observation. This might be objectionable, but nowhere close to CA or NY.
the receiver is the "firearm'??

A "gun room" could just be the closet in which you keep your guns, or a workshop where you gunsmith. As long as it has walls, floors, ceiling, and all entrances are locked. I suppose it could even be your entire house.
I was thinking garage, but I'm not a lawyer

That's mostly to open it the first time AFAICT - needs opened to get to the reset/set hole.
Kinky.
This. My client requires me to biometric in with a fingerprint app on my phone as a part of their MFA process. First fingerprint worked for a month or so, then stoped for one reason or another. Had to re-register. If I set an iced beverage down, with the slightest amount of water on my finger, it fails. End of the day, fails way too often for me to trust it.

Face scanning works well, though I don't see that being used for padlocks anytime soon.

Several years ago, someone introduced a bill that would give gun owners a tax break on firearms safes. It appears it was their attempt to lighten the burden of over reaching government requirements. Was a poor attempt at pandering and virtue signaling along the lines of sweetening the hemlock. Wonder which clown will re-introduce that insult this time around .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top