JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Define "tamper proof". The locks that come with some guns are probably some of the cheapest and easiest to "tamper" with.
Sorry, the exact wording of the law is actually "tamper-resistant", and no definition of what this means is offered. Also, a tamper-resistant lock is only a requirement for a "gun room"; there is no standard of quality set for a trigger/cable lock, nor for a locked container.

How does one have a gun room? Do they mean like the HK gray room? Is it a provided room in all houses/apartments/condos/studios/etc? I've never seen a "gun room" listed on a schematic or layout before. Did I miss a memo in 2021?

Do the members who made this bill have "gun rooms" in their dwellings?

A "gun room" could just be the closet in which you keep your guns, or a workshop where you gunsmith. As long as it has walls, floors, ceiling, and all entrances are locked. I suppose it could even be your entire house.

Sorry, the exact wording of the law is actually "tamper-resistant", and no definition of what this means is offered. Also, a tamper-resistant lock is only a requirement for a "gun room"; there is no standard of quality set for a trigger/cable lock, nor for a locked container.

I suppose a dead bolt would meet the definition. A standard door lock is easily defeated.

I'm trying to understand how these moron Marxists think. We've never had registration until the Marxists forced private transfers. I'm sure some of us have guns that are registered to other people, you know the Marxists never threw those records away.

Do they plan to prosecute the last owner of that gun? These Marxist idiots are he!! bent on nailing gun owners, not criminals. Which is why crime is skyrocketing,,,

This is the Dems legalizing the right to search and arrest anyone in their "Safe Spaces" suspected of being a conservative, a Trump supporter or a "Proud Boy". For F Sake, I must have heard the term "Proud Boy" at least 50 times during the SB554 testimonies.
IMO that's an absurd statement. The 4th amendment protects you regardless of the laws you're perceived to have violated because of who you are or what your politics are. If the state can't demonstrate to a judge a probable cause supported by evidence, that you may have committed a crime, where they're going to search and what their looking for they aren't searching your house or car and if they do they can't use the evidence found to prosecute you.

You're also painting "democrats" with too broad of a brush. The ACLU figures the NRA and smaller 2A advocacy groups have the 2A fight, the liberals that staff that organization will fight for your other constitutional rights like freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures. You forget that even big government tax and spend liberals don't want GOVERNMENT messing around in their homes, bedrooms, and yanking people off the street. Most of the criminal defense lawyers I know are pretty liberal and not stupid: they know most of their clients are guilty. They do the job because they think it's important that the police and prosecution (government) can't just throw people in jail without evidence and make sure that there is sufficient evidence for a person to be convicted.

Now the proud boys you're referencing were caught on film breaking the law. No stretch there. No one on the left wants to prosecute bad politics, but lots of people to the left of Liz Chaney still value civil liberties and the rule of law and are pissed that a vocal and active conservative minority tried to stage a coup and end America.

I think it's important when you say things like the above, that you get more than an echo chamber "ditto" response and get to hear what other freedom loving Americans with different politics think. Part of our country's problem now is that people with disagreements don't engage with each other anymore and treat people with differing views as human, making it impossible to compromise on anything. The result in the legislative arena is nothing gets done.

I'll take my flaming on the air. ;)

I'm trying to understand how these moron Marxists think. We've never had registration until the Marxists forced private transfers. I'm sure some of us have guns that are registered to other people, you know the Marxists never threw those records away.

Do they plan to prosecute the last owner of that gun? These Marxist idiots are he!! bent on nailing gun owners, not criminals. Which is why crime is skyrocketing,,,

Pretty sure Marx had no position on firearms. But he was verbose and a prolific writer so maybe somewhere in Das Kapital or the Communist Manifesto he mentioned it, but I'd think he'd lean toward arming the prolateriate rather than taking their arms.🤣

Last Edited:
You'd be filing a false police report. That's actually a crime.

Q: If you've read the statute, is there a criminal penalty for failure to comply, or just potential civil liability to victims of crimes a stolen firearm is used in?

Observation: Seems to me that disassembly is more effective and cheaper for most firearms owners. I have one AR and one bolt. Easier and cheaper for me to lock up the bolt than to buy a safe to hold the gun. That's also way more effective than an action trigger lock.

2nd Observation. This might be objectionable, but nowhere close to CA or NY.
Technically a magazine is part of the firearm so would the firearm be considered disassembled if magazine was not installed?

Screenshot_20210506-202327.png

Not about crime.
Not about gun control.
All about people control.

... The ACLU figures the NRA and smaller 2A advocacy groups have the 2A fight, the liberals that staff that organization will fight for your other constitutional rights like freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures. ...

This is not true. The ACLU believes the pre-Heller "interpretation" (in quotes because it was all bullbubblegum as the SC had never really ruled on it IMO) of the 2nd was valid. So they didn't back then because laws restricting individuals owning firearms weren't constitutional violations. Post Heller they don't think Heller was ruled correctly; they still contend that the old way was valid.

ACLU says the 2nd is about a "collective right." Not an individual right. lol as an ex-ACLU member I've had this discussion in the flesh.

So no, they don't figure anything like what you state.

Pretty sure Marx had no position on firearms. But he was verbose and a prolific writer so maybe somewhere in Das Kapital or the Communist Manifesto he mentioned it, but I'd think he'd lean toward arming the prolateriate rather than taking their arms.🤣
American Marxism, is that better? The democrat party is dead! It's filled with Marxists and avowed racists now,,, 😉

Technically a magazine is part of the firearm so would the firearm be considered disassembled if magazine was not installed?

View attachment 878459
Unless it's explicitly stated somewhere what constitutes a disassembled firearm it will be for a court decide if it ever gets there. Personally, I wouldn't want to be the one to roll the dice on that one. Not like you walk in there and the judge goes "Aww shucks...well technically you are right. You got us there. Free to go!" and unless you have money to burn on attorney fees, getting those kinds of rulings isn't easy.

Unless it's explicitly stated somewhere what constitutes a disassembled firearm it will be for a court decide if it ever gets there. Personally, I wouldn't want to be the one to roll the dice on that one. Not like you walk in there and the judge goes "Aww shucks...well technically you are right. You got us there. Free to go!" and unless you have money to burn on attorney fees, getting those kinds of rulings isn't easy.
That is the story of our lives in just about every aspect of gun laws. Can a person pin 17rnd mags to 10rnds at home and be compliant with 10rnd mag limits, etc.

That is the story of our lives in just about every aspect of gun laws. Can a person pin 17rnd mags to 10rnds at home and be compliant with 10rnd mag limits, etc.
I would say it's the story of laws in general. We just tend to deal with it more often.

The age old debate of the spirit or the letter of the law still reigns true and a lot of rulings come down to what a judge favors most.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top