JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ummmm....you just said and I quote "Taking a picture of my hosue revolver with a cable lock attached, serial number shown. Putting it back in its spot as usual without the lock" Your plan of "my word against a criminals" kinda falls apart when you just snitched on yourself in this forum. The internet isn't as anonymous as you may think.

Personally, I couldn't care less what you do. But if that's your plan it's probably not a good idea to broadcast it out on the internet.

What a person says online is not necessarily always what is true. If I said I had a genitalia the size of a horse, and a billion dollars in the bank, would you believe me? Or would you think it is just someone bragging on the internet?

Plausible deniability and hypothetical situations are things.

What a person says online is not necessarily always what is true. If I said I had a genitalia the size of a horse, and a billion dollars in the bank, would you believe me? Or would you think it is just someone bragging on the internet?

Pretty piss poor examples since both those things are not quite as believable. But hey you guys can snitch on yourselves all you want. None of my business really. In all honesty it probably won't matter since it's highly unlikely the scenario even arises that it will impact anything.

Ummmm....you just said and I quote "Taking a picture of my house revolver with a cable lock attached, serial number shown. Putting it back in its spot as usual without the lock" Your plan of "my word against a criminals" kinda falls apart when you just snitched on yourself in this forum. The internet isn't as anonymous as you may think.

Personally, I couldn't care less what you do. But if that's your plan it's probably not a good idea to broadcast it out on the internet.

Everyone here is posting their reactions and "broadcasting" them on the internet. Just my input, not worried. Thanks for your concern though.

miho25.jpg

Pretty piss poor examples since both those things are not quite as believable. But hey you guys can snitch on yourselves all you want. None of my business really. In all honesty it probably won't matter since it's highly unlikely the scenario even arises that it will impact anything.

I generally don't broadcast my intentions - but hey, if someone wants to that's their business. :s0092:

Besides, a person can always say they changed their mind.

Q: If you've read the statute, is there a criminal penalty for failure to comply, or just potential civil liability to victims of crimes a stolen firearm is used in?
Failure to report a loss or theft is a crime (class B misdemeanor), for EACH firearm not reported (so, up to 6 months in jail + $2500 in fines, times the number of firearms).
If the lost or stolen firearm is used to injure a person or property within two years, the owner is deemed negligent and liable to be sued.

This is the Dems legalizing the right to search and arrest anyone in their "Safe Spaces" suspected of being a conservative, a Trump supporter or a "Proud Boy". For F Sake, I must have heard the term "Proud Boy" at least 50 times during the SB554 testimonies.

Failure to report a loss or theft is a crime (class B misdemeanor), for EACH firearm not reported (so, up to 6 months in jail + $2500 in fines, times the number of firearms).
If the lost or stolen firearm is used to injure a person or property within two years, the owner is deemed negligent and liable to be sued.

Bottom line, if someone empties your safe out, you best have all those serial numbers recorded.

This is the Dems legalizing the right to search and arrest anyone in their "Safe Spaces" suspected of being a conservative, a Trump supporter or a "Proud Boy". For F Sake, I must have heard the term "Proud Boy" at least 50 times during the SB554 testimonies.
Do you know if the testimony is online? I'd like to peruse some.

The morality and responsibility of safe storage is not lost on me. I am not defending irresponsible or careless firearms ownership by supporting the right of free access to your own firearms. I think we are all on the same page that this legislation is garbage that will do nothing to prevent any of the supposed scary scenarios they used to justify getting it passed. It will likely create more problems in the future, and eventually lead to UK style gun laws defining where and how we can use, transport and own a firearm. It has been proven that UK style gun laws have lead to increased crime. This bill is a huge step in that direction. The nuances of the bill and how people react to it do not diminish its blatant infringement on rights and dangerous repercussions.

Believe which? That you have a huge bank account or a huge third leg?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top