JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They wouldn't know unless you got caught. At that point you would be penalized and likely lose your CHL.
And to clarify, I would only get "caught" if forced into a situation where my concealed firearm would have to be not so concealed any longer. IM willing to take those chances ....just sayn

And to clarify, I would only get "caught" if forced into a situation where my concealed firearm would have to be not so concealed any longer. IM willing to take those chances ....just sayn
Just pointing out what the implications are of the law. Also be aware that they might use metal detectors/wands of other technology.

Unfortunately, Oregon 554 passed today. So, assuming KB signs it, 90 days after the legislative session ends:
All firearms whether in-service or not will need to be locked.
Trigger locks or locked box when transporting firearms are required
CHL costs go to $115 ($100 to the county, $15 to the state police)

I think there are some other things hidden in there as well (link SB 554)
Unarmed young mother beaten, stripped, raped...while her 4 year-old child watched. If she only had a gun...

14-year-old accused in disturbing rape, home invasion on Long Island

The Eugene School District is just reacting to this They/Them mental case who tried to shoot cops at his kids school because he was in the wrong during a custody dispute

The They/Them mental case had an Oregon CHL that should have been revoked when his numerous online threats against cops were reported, but since he was not part of the MAGA crowd, nobody cared.

If that's all that got into the law, then (1) I still hate it and (2) no change for me. As long as I can still carry on school grounds etc I'm not impacted directly.
It's coming as well!
Odd, I happen to be browsing here today & I would like to share something I received today, it seems very timely. Remember all, vote, no fence sitters. It is way beyond time to turn out to protect what we have as God given rights.

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/eugene-school-board-to-ban-chl-holders

ps- I like your handle, digglenutz!

There's interesting data around that. How on average women are more emotionally involved when making decisions whereas men on average are more calculating of outcomes and more indifferent to emotional arguments.

Then looking back at when women gained the right to vote and the continual shift since toward emotional arguments to everything that should be done by the government.

Charity was never the original intent, or power, of the government, but it definitely is the biggest player in that game now.
But there's an ugly problem underneath. It really isn't about "charity." It's about gaining and expanding power. The government scam is "we really care about you. We'll fix your problems." Wrong on both points.

But there's an ugly problem underneath. It really isn't about "charity." It's about gaining and expanding power. The government scam is "we really care about you. We'll fix your problems." Wrong on both points.
Reminds me of John Adam's famous full quote..
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."

Reminds me of John Adam's famous full quote..
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."
Beautiful! Interesting isn't it how the same "activist" organizations have been attacking Christian moral and religious beliefs and practices for the last 70 years. Same crowd over and over. Look what it's brought.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top