JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is not true. The ACLU believes the pre-Heller "interpretation" (in quotes because it was all bullbubblegum as the SC had never really ruled on it IMO) of the 2nd was valid. So they didn't back then because laws restricting individuals owning firearms weren't constitutional violations. Post Heller they don't think Heller was ruled correctly; they still contend that the old way was valid.

ACLU says the 2nd is about a "collective right." Not an individual right. lol as an ex-ACLU member I've had this discussion in the flesh.

So no, they don't figure anything like what you state.
Yep. They're NOT pro 2A. I didn't say they were. But they are pro a bunch of the other As, including the 4th. I recently read they filed an Amicus brief with a pro-gun group challenging a law that permitted police to seize a guy's firearms without due process.

Last Edited:
Part of our country's problem now is that people with disagreements don't engage with each other anymore and treat people with differing views as human, making it impossible to compromise on anything. The result in the legislative arena is nothing gets done.

When it comes to communism…F' compromise. Regrading, the legislative arena getting nothing done…good, the less those turds do the better off for everyone.

How many HD guns do you intend to keep at the ready?
My brother in the same household has 2 of mine, pistol and shotgun.

By my bedroom door, AR pistol and AR shotgun.
Turn key cabinet and chamber a round... A decent selection... hate to have to lock them up further out of reach.

My brother in the same household has 2 of mine, pistol and shotgun.

By my bedroom door, AR pistol and AR shotgun.
Turn key cabinet and chamber a round... A decent selection... hate to have to lock them up further out of reach.
I'm the only one 'armed' here, beside my bed is a silencer equipped 10.5" bbl AR (bio trigger lock) and a Glock 32 in a bio lockbox. Scattered throughout the house are a few more lock boxes with a Glock 19, a S&W 360PD, and a Sig P365. Everything else is in a safe, unloaded.

It was previously legal to do it other ways but that doesn't make those ways a good idea.

I hate helmet laws, but I almost always wear a helmet. I hate seatbelt laws but I always wear a seatbelt. I hate cell phone while driving laws but I never take my phone out of my pocket while driving. People with bad habits contribute to a world where other, worse people, have excuses to make onerous law for everyone.

It was previously legal to do it other ways but that doesn't make those ways a good idea.

You have what works for you, I have what works for me, if it comes to having to unlock something just to have access to it, in the middle of the night, the time to get up, get over to the lock box, open it, remove and load if not already loaded. Attach Holster if I have to go outside (my quick access handguns are holstered for trigger blocks and rapid access).

You know if an inexpensive rapid access biometric safe that will fit my shotgun and ARs I currently wall hang? Something just as fast as grabbing off the wall? Seconds count when your in a small house...

You know if an inexpensive rapid access biometric safe that will fit my shotgun and ARs I currently wall hang?

1620398964025.png

View attachment 878584
is this lockpickinglawyer approved?

Here's the Highlight Reel for those whose eyes glaze over reading legal documentation.
IANAL - so this isn't legal advice.

• Storage Requirements
    • If the gun is not on you or under your direct control then it must be secured
      • Secured means with a trigger lock OR in a locked container OR in a Gun Room
    • The gun is considered NOT SECURE if
      • The gun is a handgun, left unattended in a vehicle, and can be seen from outside the vehicle
      • A key or the combo to a lock is readily available next to your locked cabinet/safe
  • Violations
    • Go read this yourself. Too many If/Then's and various classes of violation/misdemeanor for me to adequately summarize
  • Transfers
    • Transfers must be done where the gun is transferred with a trigger lock OR in a locked container
  • Loss/Theft
    • Must be reported within 72 hours
  • Supervising a Minor
    • If the kid is holding the gun, you are directly there watching.
      • Some exceptions for hunting, target shooting. If this applies to you, check out the bill
  • Gun Dealers
    • Must place a sign. No, really.
      • "The purchaser of a firearm has an obligation to store firearms in a safe manner and to prevent un- supervised access to a firearm by a minor. If a minor or unauthorized person obtains access to a firearm and the owner failed to store the firearm in a safe manner, the owner may be in violation of the law."
  • Public Buildings
    • A Public Building may develop a policy for No Guns on the grounds. They'll post a sign. Your CHL will not be a defense.
      • This includes Schools, Colleges, Public Buildings, Airport Passenger Terminal...read the law for more specifics on this

What grinds my gears is that the Public Buildings section DOES NOT apply to retired law enforcement or current LEO's. Sorry LEO's - if you're not within the scope of your employ (so, acting as a citizen) then all citizen laws should apply. That should be doubly true for retired LEO's. This sort of exception to the law effectively creates a caste system whereby LEO's are privileged over us common folk...fairly certain the founders would have strong words about such a system.
I don't think you are going to find may Oregon LEO's who disagree, who think this law is worth anything or who plan to enforce it. I don't see how it can pass Oregon Constitutional muster.

Federally acceptable weapons securing lock devices supplied by almost every gun manufacturer out there.
If these lawyers have all agreed this covers them across varied state's laws standards - well that's good enough for me. As a minimum. Liability wise.
It came from the manufacturer that way - just like the feds said it had to. :rolleyes:

IMG_4086.jpg

Had the unfortunate displeasure of hearing Rep Findley talking on the radio this morning about how he gets to distribute, without all of that red tape foolishness, the $2,000,000.00 of our money that was used to buy his compliance. Makes me sick.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top