Sporting Systems
Landhawk Arms
Gun Deals
J&B Firearm Sales
Defensive Arts
Low Price Guns
Southwest Firearms Forum
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Oregon residents that want to become Idaho

Reactions
Dream on. Never going to happen. Secession movements (including the Confederacy) have never succeeded in the USA and not often elsewhere (the USSR satellite states only happened because the USSR fell apart, not because they let them).

In the US an secession can only happen if the majority votes for it, and since that is the whole problem (the people who want to secede don't agree with the majority, which are usually the urban majority), it just isn't going to happen. A lot of wasted time and effort on a fantasy.

WAYNO

Reactions
I agree. As much as I'd like to see it, it's unlikely it'll ever happen.

But if it did, would there be a circle drawn around Boise and a few other areas, to prevent the next growing bastions of liberalism from being included in the free state?

My point...Where does it stop?

Screenshot_2020-02-16 Idaho Election Results 2018 Live Midterm Map by County Analysis.png

Last edited:
Reactions
They could just cut around Bend since Deschutes County is now a blue county. Medford and Ashland could be left out as well, but you want to keep Josephine and Curry Counties.
Medford is Red, but drug heavy...Ashland gun club is the only redeemable thing about that lib cesspool...but Talent, still has alota good ol conservatives...dont leave us out!

Reactions
My point...Where does it stop?

View attachment 660509
agree here. I have family in Idaho and visit every year and have been watching Boise grow liberally over the years. The PNW has been a hot spot of migration for years and has reached max capacity, Boise is booming and the next "portlandia".

People who flee tyranny only gain temporary relief but actually enable their own demise. The only way to preserve gun rights is to defend it on the front lines and push back.

OP
Oregonhunter5
Reactions
Of course Boise is more liberal every year. But it’s what Portland was 75 years ago. Long way from being that dumpster fire

I was predict these successions will actually happen in due time all over the country.

of
course
I grew up in Boise but migrated to PDX nearly 50 years ago.:cool:The sweet spot for me in PDX evaporated over a few years so another move was marked by the likes of Bud Clark as mayor. His election portended the beginning of the end of Real Oregon imho. There's tremendous difference in the Shire, now with larger population than the whole State back then. Boise suffers the same deterioration. God save us all.

NW Backpacker

Reactions
Dream on. Never going to happen. Secession movements (including the Confederacy) have never succeeded in the USA
Oh, it's happened:
ETA: but it did happen before Virginia was approved as a US State, so not technically a split of an actual state. Scratch that - Virginia was a US State, but was wanting to secede - it's a confusing story:

We could force the issue, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOG
OP
Oregonhunter5
Reactions
I grew up in Boise but migrated to PDX nearly 50 years ago.:cool:The sweet spot for me in PDX evaporated over a few years so another move was marked by the likes of Bud Clark as mayor. His election portended the beginning of the end of Real Oregon imho. There's tremendous difference in the Shire, now with larger population than the whole State back then. Boise suffers the same deterioration. God save us all.
Portland has had scumbag homeless turds for 60+ years. Not Boise. We shut them down.
Portland is flanked by Seattle and San Fran

uberguy

Reactions
Weird demarcation on the westward lines. No need for a Bend carve out. Still pretty conservative in the surrounding areas and if part of a larger conservative block, the liberals would quickly flee.

Not that it would happen, but best for all, left or right would be from the Canadian border to Mexico, west of the mountains, Cascades, Sierras, Santa Ana , San Jacinto , and the Laguna Mountains.

We'd just have to road block and guard the passes.

OP
Oregonhunter5
Reactions
History proves that destination locations will encourage the liberal snowflakes to move to. So let’s exclude Bend. Maybe they will see Baker city as the next Bend. Or Lagrand.
It sure isn’t Pendleton or Burns or lakeview.

Joseph is to far from the city for most libs.

Reactions
I think Idaho should just conquer Oregon. I mean with all the hippies in Oregon they could probably do it in a Sunday afternoon. They could then link up with the Oregon patriots and carve out the diseased portions as they saw fit. Obviously they'd erect a border around Portland and just leave it to rot.

Heck, Idaho should link up with the Northern California Jefferson State boys and work a deal. Like, "hey, you guys help us conquer Oregon and then you can either join us as part of Idaho or well help you get setup as Jefferson.

Once they got things reasonably settled they could then establish relationships with the Washington resistance and then solve the problem that is Seattle. Seattle is so far gone at this point they should simply burn it to the ground and start again. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

WOLVERINES!! :D

OP
Oregonhunter5
Reactions
I think Idaho should just conquer Oregon. I mean with all the hippies in Oregon they could probably do it in a Sunday afternoon. They could then link up with the Oregon patriots and carve out the diseased portions as they saw fit. Obviously they'd erect a border around Portland and just leave it to rot.

Heck, Idaho should link up with the Northern California Jefferson State boys and work a deal. Like, "hey, you guys help us conquer Oregon and then you can either join us as part of Idaho or well help you get setup as Jefferson.

Once they got things reasonably settled they could then establish relationships with the Washington resistance and then solve the problem that is Seattle. Seattle is so far gone at this point they should simply burn it to the ground and start again. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

WOLVERINES!! :D
Ha!
The only problem is we don’t care. Idaho is truly the tail of two mindsets.
1. North Idaho is ready for civil war.
2. The rest and majority of Idaho wants to continue to embrace the Mayberry life. Which I love!
The Bundy clan lives 40 minutes from our door. People think their weird over here.

UPCOMING EVENTS

MRPC Gun Show
Medford Rifle & Pistol Club
1253 E Vilas Rd, Central Point, OR 97502, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to pick up some parts for an AR style 10/22 and to start my journey into building an AR by picking up a lower. Staff was super helpful and...
    • Hueco
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been a member for 6 years, been shooting there (as a guest) for three years before that. I found the Ladies League and was hooked. It's the...
    • PacwestDefense
  • Barkley's Buy-Sell-Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been patronizing this pawn shop for a few years now. Very happy with the deals I find, both firearm and other. Prices for transfers are...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Sharp Shooting Indoor Range & Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    So far I have bought 2 new Sig p938 pistols and a marlin golden 39A from sharp shooting.the staff is very helpfull, nice shooting range,lots of...
    • Xrperry

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online