JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As an ardent supporter of our Second Amendment rights, I want to update you on some very important, pro-gun rights provisions included in the 2015 government funding bill, which the Congress recently passed.

I am proud to see that this legislation prohibits funding for any implementation of the UN Arms Trade Treaty, which leaves the door open to international influences trampling on our Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms. The United States is a sovereign nation. I strongly believe we must always stand up for our U.S. Constitution--including our Second Amendment rights—and never allow them to be subjugated by a treaty. That's why we deny the Obama Administration any funds to move forward on the UN gun treaty.

Additionally, it bans the use of funds for anti-gun studies and makes sure that tax dollars can't be used to lobby for increased gun control. Another provision in this bill rolls back the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) efforts to ban traditional ammunition. By preventing the EPA from banning ammunition made with lead components, which amounts to 95% of all ammunition made and sold, this bill takes an important step in protecting the rights of hunters and sportsmen to choose the ammunition they want for hunting and target shooting.

Also, the legislation gives the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) resources to speed up burdensome paperwork delays and make the process for matters pertaining to licensing less of a hassle. This increased efficiency allows law abiding Americans to exercise their Second amendment right without further regulatory burdens.

The National Rifle Association (NRA) and National Shooting Sports Foundation both strongly supported these initiatives, as did I. Whether one uses a firearm for hunting, sport shooting, personal protection, or any other lawful reason, the Second Amendment clearly protects the individual right to keep and bear arms. I take my oath of office to defend the Constitution seriously, and will continue to fight any treaties or legislation that infringe on our right to keep and bear arms.
It's an honor to represent you in the U.S. Congress.
Best regards,
Greg Walden
Member of Congress

Will the federal prohibition on the EPA from banning lead ammo have any effect in Oregon?

It's encouraging to me to see this by Rep. Walden. As far as I know, he has really stood up for our rights in the past, and I would expect him to continue in the future. I'm hoping that he can have some sway with the state legislators here in Oregon and be a very vocal proponent here at home as well. He needs to hear from all of us that we appreciate his ongoing support.

Unfortunately, our state legislature (and governor) won't give two squirts of pee for what he thinks and will do what they will... brace yourselves for a wicked next two years.

Everyone needs to write letters (snail mail shows more purpose and belief in a cause), e-mail, AND call your state representatives. Write Greg Walden to support his efforts in protecting our 2A rights. Have all of your friends and family do the same thing. Please remember to donate to OFF!

I'd like to see some encouragement for Walden to help co-sponsor a bill that would call for states to loose federal funding if the state passes an unfunded mandate on rights (think background checks and sales taxes on buying/selling firearms, licenses, etc). It would give pause to many of these states that want to expand gun control, or make it more difficult, at the gun owners expense.
There are some representatives on board with this already. Would be nice to add Waldens name to the list.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top