JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine burned up with all my belongings in 1979. Little cabin on a lake, dodgy stovepipe flue = big flames.
Nothing frees you up like a house fire.

Having worked for many years repairing\reconstructing fire, flood or natural disaster damaged homes I would not wish it upon anyone. There is an emotional component with people who you are dealing with who have suffered a devastating emotional blow unlike the other people you deal with in the construction industry. You have to be in tune with it and be empathetic with the people.

Doesn't matter who rapes what, it's still rape. nobody gets charged with "raping of a man/woman", they get charged for rape.
Depending on the State laws; it may actually be a bit of a weird situation.

Oregon law is actually pretty simple; Forcible sexual intercourse without the consent of the other person.

In some states, Rape is defined as "Forcible penetration".... the same as the UK laws I believe; so by default a woman cannot be charged with "Rape" unless she used a strap on.
Now for the whole non-binary thing..well. um... there does seem to be a weird thing going on with science finding that it is not quite as simple as "XX or XY"..... because there are all kinds of hormonal imbalances that effect how a person presents..... In the old days it was usually at birth, the doctors would try to "correct" the "defects" even though the person may not present as "male" until puberty, or the person never goes into puberty; and there was the rare cases of actual two sets of organs at birth, where the doctors usually would try to remove one or the other, and then later on in life, usually at puberty, the person's hormonal glands goes into overdrive and tries to compensate for the missing organs.... that is pretty rare in most cases though, but there are more cases in the real world where a person presents as male until puberty and their glands and genetics switches to female during puberty..... SO.... it still isn't as simple as XX/XY=only way to ID......

TO be honest? I would prefer that the M/F question be not even on most forms. It should not matter.. The only thing that should matter is quite simply.... US Citizen or not, criminal(convicted felon or misdemeanor) or not? That alone would make things much simpler, more equal, and more likely to cover pretty much 100% of the population in the US. :D

Except the sex is part of the persons DESCRIPTION! To conceal the actual sex is the same as a disguise. But, hey, if I can identify my gun as a legal inanimate tool (which it is) I could go along with it. To hell with the ATF and what THEY think it is.

Except the sex is part of the persons DESCRIPTION! To conceal the actual sex is the same as a disguise.
That might be true if the person is nude :rolleyes:
There are some men and women who do not look like men and women yet are not taking drugs or treatments. There are some quite flat chested women who wears comfortable loose clothing and have short hair.. they may look "masculine".. is that a disguise? Then there are the 350+ lb obese people who doesnt look at all that different either way... just one happens to have mammary glands and the other has frank and beans thats hidden under the fat folds....are they trying to disguise themselves? Nope.

Really I think thats where problems will come in.. but to be honest? The majority of violent criminals are male. There are of course female violent criminals too... but by and large, theres just not a statistically significant trend of violent offenders using the excuse of differing gender identies as a way to get out of trouble before going to jail. My opinion though.... make prisons coed. Violent offenders of all genders get isolation cells and 1 on 1 supervision if needed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top