JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received this via email. Please be sure to pass onto any friends in or around Douglas county that might be able to attend:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Defender of Hunting in Oregon -

The Portland Zoo is taking its campaign to install a California-style traditional lead ammunition ban here in Oregon. The Douglas County News Review printed on Tuesday an article about a Thursday, 7pm forum at the Douglas County Library to discuss a traditional lead ammunition ban. We are including a link to the article <broken link removed> .

Hunters and hunting supporters from across Oregon are needed to submit comments to the News Review before Thursday's forum and let them know you oppose any controversial California-style traditional lead ammunition ban. Hunters and sport shooters deserve to have the choice of what ammunition best fits their needs, whether that is traditional lead or alternative metals. <broken link removed>

Much of what the Portland Zoo wildlfe director and Umpqua Valley Audubon Society president say about the need of Oregon to follow California is misleading.

The California experience is one of higher costs, lower hunting participation rates, lost tax revenue, decreased wildlife conservation funds, and loss of jobs and economic activity. California banned lead in the Condor zone and that effort abjectly failed. Rather than learn from the experience, legislators expanded the ban statewide without considering the possibility that other sources of lead were playing a role.

Calfornia's ban has been widely viewed as a de facto ban on hunting. There are better science-based voluntary measures supported by the industry, hunters and wildlife management experts that can effectively interrupt the possible pathway of lead from hunters' ammunition to condors; condors that do not currently exist in Oregon. There are simply too many unanswered questions and unconsidered factors relative to the potential impact of banning lead ammunition.

Other states that are home to the California condor, namely Arizona and Utah, have successfully implemented voluntary lead removal programs that have engaged hunters in a meaningful way. The California approach of ramming down an unpopular and poorly thought out ban is detrimental to conservation as it casts hunters as the enemy, rather than as the original conservationists that they are. A voluntary program engages the hunting community, allows time for manufacturers to increase production capabilities over time, and most importantly, doesn't suddenly leave hunters without ammunition.

Once again, please take a few minutes and send a note to the Douglas County News Review and let them know your thoughts on this very important issue to Oregon hunters and sportshooters.

Thank you.

The Oregon Alliance to Protect Hunting and Fishing

The Oregon Alliance to Protect Hunting and Fishing is a coalition of hunters, anglers, small businesses, and sportsmen organizations who oppose a California-style ban on the use of lead in traditional ammunition.

www.Oregon-Alliance.org

https://www.facebook.com/OregonAlliancetoProtectHuntingandFishing

It's not really about "protecting wildlife". It's about "nudging" people into giving up and losing their "bush craft" skills because it'll be impossible to keep up with all the BS requirements, and ultimately forcing everyone out of the rural and suburban areas into the urban zones.

All those buildings with ground floor retail and cramped condos stacked on top of each other in Portland's Pearl District, and now going up on the Eastside (like crazy)... that's the type of place where they're working on herding everyone into.

The United Nation's Agenda-21

FACT! o_O

Last Edited:
Not only. Consider the amount of area that was available to hunt, hike, camp, fish, explore. Add your favorite outdoor activity into the mix, that we are no longer able to do. All that open territory has been, and is continually being shut-down, and/or closed to vehicular travel. Our ability to "roam" is slowly closing us in to where "someone" wants us to be.

Coincidence....yeah?

There's a reason there are no condors in Oregon now. There's very little suitable habitat. California has vast amounts of territory that is above 5,000 feet in elevation. Oregon does not. Oregon is not condor habitat.

Secondly, since the lead bans have gone into effect in CA the levels of lead in condor blood streams have INCREASED.

This is a bad idea that solves no problems. What it does do is discourage hunting, which I believe is the main purpose for pursuing it.

This is why I get so agrivated at people whom always talk about a law as though it is in a vacuum. They do not realize there is a constant barrage of laws, rules and regulations that are puked out of liberal puss holes. It is becoming to the point that a person can not keep up with all the bubblegum they are throwing up against the wall to see what will stick.

It's not really about "protecting wildlife". It's about "nudging" people into giving up and losing their "bush craft" skills because it'll be impossible to keep up with all the BS requirements, and ultimately forcing everyone out of the rural and suburban areas into to urban zones.
10-4 good buddy! I wrote something similar about 30 years ago for a now forgotten publication. An X relative of mine used to work for a county recycle program in California and one time we were discussing something similar and she was appalled I had my own well and felt it should be regulated and monitored for GPH usage and I should PAY a fee for the amount of water i used. She also believed cities should build pre fab housing for those who could not afford traditional and of course it should be subsidized etc. It went 'downhill' from there...........

Hmmm...the zoo is stepping in stuff that don't smell right. If the zoo truly cared about animals and their habitat, they would shut their doors and release all their caged critters into the wild.

This is in Dunehoppers back yard and where I grew up. The zoo is definitely stepping in it up to their necks down there, apparently they didn't watch the news when Ohole showed up there, but that's the left, they just keep coming.

There's a reason there are no condors in Oregon now. There's very little suitable habitat.

If I remember right from the last time this came up, the whole discussion started because a northern California indian reservation wanted to host some of these re-introduced condors. And because the theoretical hunting range of the condors extended across the border into Oregon, the call for the lead ammo ban went out.

A strong unified push back is necessary... Nothing less is acceptable...

They are hitting us from all sides! Time to clean house in a very clear and decisive manner in November...

We the People need to take back our states and our country!

It's not really about "protecting wildlife". It's about "nudging" people into giving up and losing their "bush craft" skills because it'll be impossible to keep up with all the BS requirements, and ultimately forcing everyone out of the rural and suburban areas into the urban zones.

All those buildings with ground floor retail and cramped condos stacked on top of each other in Portland's Pearl District, and now going up on the Eastside (like crazy)... that's the type of place where they're working on herding everyone into.

The United Nation's Agenda-21

FACT! o_O

Stomper, I believe that's the motive behind the State Dept. & NGO's push to settle immigrants , especially "refugees", in rural rather than urban areas where they would have a better chance at assimilation.

I believe if this continues it will succeed in destroying what's left of rural life (especially if they allow the Swedish model of permitting Sharia zones in these settlements) in America. A sparsely populated people are difficult to control, police & round up when needed. Move them to urban areas & it's a piece of cake. Block freeways & main roads & you've got a natural built WWII style ghetto, sports stadiums for processing & detention areas, it's like they specifically designed modern cities with a contingency to contain a martial law type scenario.

Hmmm...the zoo is stepping in stuff that don't smell right. If the zoo truly cared about animals and their habitat, they would shut their doors and release all their caged critters into the wild.
Don't forget that the Oregon Zoo is run by Metro, an organization that fully embraces and tries to enforce the UN's Agenda 21.

cramped condos stacked on top of each other in Portland's Pearl District, and now going up on the Eastside (like crazy)... that's the type of place where they're working on herding everyone into.
I could be wrong but I suspect there is not much 'herding' needed - probably plenty of 'metro' types who want this lifestyle.

That's BS I wrote ODFW on this a while back too, telling them to leave our lead bullets alone. I even showed them a site that tells the truth on lead. Most lead that get in an animal comes from normal environmental issues, not bullets, such lying dribble can't believe people fall for this lies.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top