JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
  1. The Oregon Dept of Parks and Recreation is considering charging more at popular campgrounds. Their logic is that it will force people to use less popular sites. I'm not going to offer my opinion yet, but am curious what people think about this.

While it may be a free market, the parks and rec areas and employees are ours and they work for us.
With all the dough we spend in fees and taxes maybe they could spruce up the places that aren't as popular instead of pissing in the public's financial coffee cup once again. :rolleyes:

I'm a half mile from the Rogue River and there's a bunch of parks and campgrounds around here. I love the fact that I get to be here year round. :)

Funny thing...
we, as residents of the state, pay taxes, for which ODPR gets a sizable amount of, as well as monies from lotteries and such. We as residents pay the same rates as those visiting from out of the state of Oregon. Go figger.
National forests have lesser rates, equal across the board as they are national. most dont have some of the luxuries that our larger state parks have and their season is much shorter. And they are full most of the season.

Some people have a free state park pass, and still wouldn't use the organized facilities....they'd rather dry camp or wander in the forests; avoiding contact with other people....

:s0030:

They need to expand the campgrounds. Is there some ridiculous camping growth boundary they have to live by? The population in Oregon has grown but there's not enough camp sites to keep up with it. It's ridiculous that you have to make reservations 8 months ahead of time. Then if you happen to get some free time in the summer it's almost impossible to get a block of days at any of the coastal state parks. God forbid you want to get a yurt or cabin for the wife and kids anywhere either. Luckily my brood is good with tent camping but sometimes that's even hard to do in the summer months.

Charging higher fees does keep the riff raff out? Charging the highest fees for out of state folks might keep the real riff raff out? Just saying. We like to dry camp or boom doggle. That means way out in the middle of no where with no improvements at all per say.

I had an ex girl friend who actually freaked out that there was not an electrical output plug in a large tree trunk for her to plug into so she could dry her hair. I kid you not. Those kind of folks do not belong here. Let them all stay in Kommiefornika. Just me. Yikes!

It might be nice if there were a lottery.. a lot of places are booked a year in advance as soon as the ticket "window" is open (a matter of seconds).
I don't think charging a higher price will change anything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top